PGP-wandering tickets are welcome!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WTF?!?!? So my father in law took Little Z up to his house (2 hours away) on Tuesday night so I could get some work done. We wanted him to stay at our house but Grandma had a dr.s appointment. Fine whatever. they were supposed to come back tonight and all spend the night here. We even bought a futon and had it delivered today JUST so they could stay here. Now, lo and behold, father in law "doesn't feel good" and doesn't want to bring my son back. WHAT THE FUCK!!?!??!?

They NEVER come to see him unless we ask and they NEVER stay longer than the have to. and now they're keeping him an extra day. But, gee, somehow they manage to not stay at our house AGAIN. Fucking relatives.

Sorry, I'm really bitter about this.

:hug: That sucks. Do they make a habit of this? Are they aware that you bought a futon specially for them coming and they couldn't at least try to come? :(

I didn't feel well for my grandma and grandpa's 80th birthday party and neither did my aunt but we both drove 8 hours to be able to go see them. :(

Relatives, you can't choose them sadly with some people. :hug:

Awesome Jem

I met Edge outside the arena in Boston on the Vertigo Tour

Then all of them in the U2 by U2 book signing in 2006. I was one of the U2.com contest winners to go to that

Bono in Philly in 2007 after he got the Liberty Medal

Last March I met all of them a bunch of times outside of Letterman in the freezing cold

So you've probably had Bono and Edge the most. :giggle:

I tried to U2 by U2 by didn't get lucky. Did meet the boys minus Bono ( who was late and didn't stop so long :giggle::wink: )the day before though at Abbey Studios. :)

Funny thing is though that I thought I would freeze with Bono but he was :blahblah: asking me questions about me, the setlist from Toronto that I had to be signed and also the JT book I had brought for him to lean on to sign the setlist. He randomly started leafing through the book, asking me questions and signed it which I was not expecting. :love: He has the knack of putting people at ease. :heart::up:

He was cool when I met him. I got a pic with him in 2007, but he didn't have a lot of time and he was signing an autograph for the guy who took the pic and then I looked at it in my camera and said really cute "I want a new pic, you weren't smiling". He then smiled at me so big and then grabbed my right hand and walked a few people down and talked to them and was holding my hand. I was stretched out in front of the guy next to me

He was cool when I met him. I got a pic with him in 2007, but he didn't have a lot of time and he was signing an autograph for the guy who took the pic and then I looked at it in my camera and said really cute "I want a new pic, you weren't smiling". He then smiled at me so big and then grabbed my right hand and walked a few people down and talked to them and was holding my hand. I was stretched out in front of the guy next to me

Bono? Edge? who....which larry adam??? :lol:

I complemented Edge back on the Vert tour in a way that made him smile SO big I was melting i could make him feel that good! :love:

:cute::love: I love meeting stories. Makes you realise what an awesome group of people they are.:love:

some people some times! :rolleyes::gah::gah:

?!?

I complemented Edge back on the Vert tour in a way that made him smile SO big I was melting i could make him feel that good! :love:

:cute: Aww Edge smile. :love:

Hey Thora and Bright:wave:

It would be awesome if I got to meet them, i probably would cry since they did literally save my life in March, and to think it was a comcast cable commercial that got me back to listening to them and I couldn't get boots out of my head then it turned out the whole NLOTH album really helped me heal and spook my heart and everything just amazing :) I know Streets in my theme song for sure

It would be awesome if I got to meet them, i probably would cry since they did literally save my life in March, and to think it was a comcast cable commercial that got me back to listening to them and I couldn't get boots out of my head then it turned out the whole NLOTH album really helped me heal and spook my heart and everything just amazing :) I know Streets in my theme song for sure

a docotr once said like 20 - 15 yrs ago in an ( i think) NPR interview how music CAN literally save a person from the brink and you just never know .....

Thora :hyper::hug: How are you?

Bri :lemonlove::love: Just under 5 weeks till I see you. :hyper::drool:

Forgot to say HUGE thanks to VP for posting the remainder of the travelling tickets in the last thread. Was awesome to see them again. :lmao::love:

:heart::hug: Music can help us through the hardest times and be such a help.

Hope you get to meet them. :hug:

a docotr once said like 20 - 15 yrs ago in an ( i think) NPR interview how music CAN literally save a person from the brink and you just never know .....

It's amazing how music works it speaks to people in so many ways and touches people in ways a lot of things can not. I'll never forget a quote I said in high school " music is an international language it speaks in so many languages and touches so many hearts and goes deep with in the soul, it heals in ways many things can not, a broken heart, a broken soul, many things are healed by music a lone, and that is one of the most beautiful things God put on this Earth for his children"

I definitely believe this. :yes:

Thora :hyper::hug: How are you?

I'm doing okay, thanks. :hug: Looking forward to the weekend, and hopefully getting out of the grumpy-pants mood I've been in for way too long. :lol:

I disappeared - I was venting to my friend about the relatives.

Yeah, Jem, they're totally aware that we bought the bed for them and that my son has a meeting with his new teacher tomorrow at noon so the better F-ing be here by then!

Anyway...

i love hearing your stories about meeting the guys. I hate when ppl complain that the boys weren't 'friendly' or 'it wasn't fair' or something. They're ppl just like us and sometimes just don't want to deal with screaming fans I'm sure.

It's amazing how music works it speaks to people in so many ways and touches people in ways a lot of things can not. I'll never forget a quote I said in high school " music is an international language it speaks in so many languages and touches so many hearts and goes deep with in the soul, it heals in ways many things can not, a broken heart, a broken soul, many things are healed by music a lone, and that is one of the most beautiful things God put on this Earth for his children"

I think I need to just listen to some music right now maybe to calm down :lol: Maybe "Breathe", right?

So you've probably had Bono and Edge the most. :giggle:

:giggle:

i know the Edge girls would be :ohmy: atr my 3'xs :lol:

can't say I blame them either!:heart::drool:

Funny thing is though that I thought I would freeze with Bono but he was :blahblah: asking me questions about me, the setlist from Toronto that I had to be signed and also the JT book I had brought for him to lean on to sign the setlist. He randomly started leafing through the book, asking me questions and signed it which I was not expecting. :love: He has the knack of putting people at ease. :heart::up:

that's a great story jem!

I really think it depends on>>>>
the fans there, the time each of them has/ wants to be or have to leave for some reasons, their own engery/well-being level etc......

In NYC it's SOOOOOOO intnese most of the time
and when some fans get too screechy move too fast their security usally zips them awayyy fast!

Would be a blessing to me if I do to have the chance to say thank you to them, even if its just Bono or Edge or any of them. but their music a lone to me is a thank you as well:)

:hug: Thats a very valid point. :)

I actually before I met Bono had plans to tell him how much their music had helped me, got distracted by him asking me so many questions and totally forgot. :reject::lol: It was amazing to meet him/them regardless of that. If I ever get another chance I will make sure I tell one of them this time. :lol:

I think I need to just listen to some music right now maybe to calm down :lol: Maybe "Breathe", right?

:lol:
Oh Breath was my theme for awhile when I was having problems with my family here after my Dad was in the hospital and there was nothing but pointing fingers and drama majority of it at me. So breath expressed me a bet

:hug: Thats a very valid point. :)

I actually before I met Bono had plans to tell him how much their music had helped me, got distracted by him asking me so many questions and totally forgot. :reject::lol: It was amazing to meet him/them regardless of that. If I ever get another chance I will make sure I tell one of them this time. :lol:

I've always wanted to try to think of something they've NEVER heard a fan say before - hasn't come to me yet though.

I gotta head out for awhile. Thanks for letting me vent. Talk to you girls later. :hug:s

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom