PGP: Waiting for U2 to Blow Out the Tumbleweeds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Comet, said this in FYM, but I'm very glad to hear the people you know survived the earthquake. I feel horrible about their plight otherwise, though, there's got to be SOMETHING that can be done to help them. Even so, yeah, it still doesn't always seem like it'd be enough, you know? My god, those poor people over there, my heart goes out to each and every one of them. I feel so bad :(.

Angela

Thanks :hug: I'm hoping we hear more soon. I just hope that organizations like The Red Cross are able to help and make a difference for them.

You probably wear white after Labor Day too, you heathen! :tsk:
this.

:lol:
Also Happily GUILTY as charged.....

I particulary love wearing certain solid colored outfits ( I mix up colors too); all turquoise, teal, magenta, all black (NYC Uniform :wink:), all olive, royal blue, very pale green, and.....

ALL White!!!

:tongue:

:wink:
Especially when it's above 70F-- it makes me still feel the expansive possibilities of mid-Spring/Summer. Love the pure play of light and shadow on it.
Like the:love: beautiful white stucco houses on the Greek Isles.
(No not been there, but seen plenty of photos- including my sis's trips!)

... and I'll add "it would be my preference to not wear nylons with the toe seam" in case I once again inadvertently insulted anyone .... AGAIN. :doh:

:reject:

I think I'm missing something here, but don't fret, stocking seams don't offend me. :wink:

Holes in socks on the other hand... :madwife:

I got laughed at for calling stockings/nylons "panty hose" the other day, however, despite the fact that that's what's written on the package. :reject:

You probably wear white after Labor Day too, you heathen! :tsk:

Is there some cultural taboo regarding this in the US...? We had our Labour Day last week and here I am in a white stripy shirt... :uhoh:

Yeah, I don't understand why white after Labor Day is traditionally frowned upon, but eh, there you go. I've worn it after Labor Day, though, so nyah :p.
But then again, as I've said before, I'm painfully unfashionable, so...yeah.

I'm not a big fan of open-toed shoes in general (hell, I rarely ever wear high heels as it is), so the toe seam stuff is irrelevant to me, but eh, hey, whatever you all feel comfortable with, right?

It just seems to pointless to air a "concert," yet show only 3 songs, and then have 5 commercial breaks and too much yammering. I mean, I liked hearing her talk about her life and whatever, but I wanted music.

Exactly. It does seem a bit of a waste of time, especially if they hype it up prior to airing it. Ah, well. Maybe someday we'll get back to music on music channels again.

Yeah, I'm totally in love with the show. I agree - Jim is amazing. I alternately love/hate Sheldon, depending on what's going on. :lol: I don't know what time it airs, as I've obviously never watched it live before, but at the rate I'm going I'll probably be all caught up in time to watch it next week, if it's on. :lol:

LOL, good deal :up:. Yeah, I know it used to be on Monday nights, but then it got moved to Thursdays at 7 pm (central time, that is), so it's in competition with NBC's Thursday night lineup, which is what "Community" is part of. Seems to be holding its own nicely against that lineup, though, so yay.

I've seen Jim on Craig Ferguson's show before, he's adorable and seems like a super nice guy :). His character's definitely had me giggling when I've watched the show. Why the "love/hate" relationship :p?

Thanks. I'm going to try and book an appointment soon. My week is just crazy busy, so I don't know when I'd be able to get in - possibly on the weekend, but hopefully before then.

Agh, that sucks, having to try and squeeze time in and wait like that. But as long as you can get in, yeah, definitely go for it. I hope you can get it looked at as soon as possible.

Thanks :hug: I'm hoping we hear more soon. I just hope that organizations like The Red Cross are able to help and make a difference for them.

I hope so, too. Keep us updated. I've still yet to donate some money, but I will do so soon, and if there's anything else coming up that can offer aid, I'll try and do what I can there, too. It'd be really nice to hear stories about aid actually getting to the people it's supposed to go to and seeing the effects of it before everyone's eyes.

Angela

Well I know I'll be buying the album for Japan aid (even with Justin Bieber!), every little bit helps I hope. :)

Yeah, the 'white after Labor Day' is an old-school fashion 'don't' that people just joke about now. I'm sure there are people who still abide by that rule, but they're probably just the same people who follow fashion 'rules' anyway. :wink:

Good news on the concert front - we're meeting next week to discuss moving them to later in April or May.

YAY. Fingers crossed. AGAIN.

LOL, good deal :up:. Yeah, I know it used to be on Monday nights, but then it got moved to Thursdays at 7 pm (central time, that is), so it's in competition with NBC's Thursday night lineup, which is what "Community" is part of. Seems to be holding its own nicely against that lineup, though, so yay.

I've seen Jim on Craig Ferguson's show before, he's adorable and seems like a super nice guy :). His character's definitely had me giggling when I've watched the show. Why the "love/hate" relationship :p?

Just looked, and it's on at 8pm here. Excellent - I don't watch anything else at that time, so I'll be able to watch it live from here on out. I finished the last two episodes on Monday. :lol:

It's love/hate because he's hilarious, but also EXTREMELY annoying. Good lord. I'd go nuts if I had someone that neurotic around me all the time. He kinda reminds me of someone I know who has a lot of the same issues that he does. Hence my frustrations with his character. :lol:

Ohaithar! :hug:

I have the flu. This sucks!:sad:

Ugh, that sucks. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Yeah, the 'white after Labor Day' is an old-school fashion 'don't' that people just joke about now. I'm sure there are people who still abide by that rule, but they're probably just the same people who follow fashion 'rules' anyway. :wink:

Good news on the concert front - we're meeting next week to discuss moving them to later in April or May.

YAY. Fingers crossed. AGAIN.

Yay! Hope it will work out!

So I have to go to this massive trade show tomorrow, and I was originally supposed to be going with two other co-workers. However, they've both backed out because they're too busy, and now I have to go on my own. It's not going to be as interesting by myself. Blah. :lol:

But in good news, I just found out my cousin's pregnant! Yay! :love: Her husband's from Africa and she's stunningly gorgeous, so I'm sure their children are going to be ridiculously good looking. She's only 2 months along, so they haven't told anyone but family yet, but yay for new babies in the family! Eventually. :lol:

Yay for babies!!!!:applaud:

Thanks K. Matthew makes his first "confession" tonight, so I can't miss it. I can't believe he will be making his first Communion soon!:sad:

Just popping by quickly to say 3 things: :wave:

1. Have been a bit MIA while LOST marathoning every night... just finished last night and OMFG SOBBED MY F******G eyeballs out! :sad: That finale was even harder to watch the second time around. I'd seen the episode itself more than once, but it was only my second time watching it in a entire season viewing. GAH I couldn't stop crying. :reject:

2. I am now starting my TAXES, and 3 other family members as well. I may be MIA for days. :scream:

3. I think I have decided to finally make a facebook. :shifty: maybe... still thinking...

:wave: have a great day everyone :hug:

Hi ladies! :hug:

I have an interview tomorrow, and I'm freaking out a little. It's for a really good, and what sounds like a very involved job. They just called me this afternoon, and it's first thing tomorrow morning. Why can't they give you more notice?? I need to prepare, both in the actual getting ready sense, and mentally prepare. :panic: :scream: :panic:

Deep breaths... :zen:

:panic: :panic:

:|

my sis just sent me an e-mail about one of our cousins

I haven't opened it yet...but I have to before I leave in a few mins....

she hasn't told me about anything that he was waiting on--- ie possible good news...
so I'm :uhoh: afraid it might be bad news.

UNLESS, like, he & his family suddenly decided to move to the USA. That would be fun!:D

i better check now. :sigh:

i really do not want to hear ANY MORE REALLY NASTY/ BAD News for at least several months!!! :scream:

Thanks, DG! :hug:

Now I feel like I *have* jinxed it, and I probably shouldn't have said anything. :lol:

Also, hope you're feeling better soon Amy. And hope that Ali and GG are recovered by now, too!

Dazzled, hope the email is good news.

Sorry I haven't been that great about keeping up with the thread and everyone's news lately. I try to pop on and catch up when I can, even if I don't post. I've been temping out of town a lot lately.

:wave: Hey VP. I'm all better indeed, though just got back from karate. It's pretty hard if you haven't done anything in two weeks. :lol:

:hug: Good luck with the interview!

Sorry I haven't been that great about keeping up with the thread and everyone's news lately. I try to pop on and catch up when I can, even if I don't post. I've been temping out of town a lot lately.

oh i missed dg!! :(

oh wow VP!!
:hug:sssssss
no wonder-- with extra travel time and all not posting as much then! !!!!

have to leave!!! tomorrow :heart:

Back
Top Bottom