PGP: Waiting for U2 to Blow Out the Tumbleweeds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
shoes that go with dresses? :drool:

The race was interesting. The swim was okay - I never do as well as I should but today was a crazy event with people of all skill and speed swimming together so that slows ya down a bit. The bike was good - I averaged about 3.5 minute miles which made me happy (down from 4.2 minute miles). Then the run felt really crappy - my legs hurt and I didn't feel like I was moving at all but I did the 2 miles in 19:25 which is the fastest I've done. So overall, a pretty good race. I was 62 out of 700 racers (but it was a very "newbie friendly" race and 18/62 for my age group. In my little group of 3 friends that I train with, I was fastest by 13 seconds :D

Thanks for all the virtual cheers, girls, and for the donation, Jem! :love:

Oh and Daz, I haven't been working on the slam poetry thing b/c I've been working on Shakespeare with the Senior English classes.

That's gonna be a must see then. :D

:uhoh: Shoes that go with dresses? Hell in a box I tell ye!

Tell me about it... :crack: We must have looked at a dozen shoe shops and only saw one pair that rated a "maybe". Apparently pale gold/bronze strappy sandals with heels aren't in fashion right now. :grumpy:

And that cat comic... :lol: So very true. My housemate's cats spend all day asleep (as far as we know), then in the middle of the night they go tearing aruond the house like mad things, and attempt to open my bedroom door (and sometimes succeed). *L*

shoes that go with dresses? :drool:

The race was interesting. The swim was okay - I never do as well as I should but today was a crazy event with people of all skill and speed swimming together so that slows ya down a bit. The bike was good - I averaged about 3.5 minute miles which made me happy (down from 4.2 minute miles). Then the run felt really crappy - my legs hurt and I didn't feel like I was moving at all but I did the 2 miles in 19:25 which is the fastest I've done. So overall, a pretty good race. I was 62 out of 700 racers (but it was a very "newbie friendly" race and 18/62 for my age group. In my little group of 3 friends that I train with, I was fastest by 13 seconds :D

Thanks for all the virtual cheers, girls, and for the donation, Jem! :love:

Way to go, Zu! :yippie: :hug: Congrats! :D

I'm so bad at shoe/everything shopping... *L*

Hi Ali, I'm somewhat here, yes. I'm continuing my Big Bang Theory marathon. :lol: I'm now onto season 4. I've blown through all the episodes pretty quickly! :lol: Dinner's now in the oven so it's a good evening so far. :)

Hi Ali, I'm somewhat here, yes. I'm continuing my Big Bang Theory marathon. :lol: I'm now onto season 4. I've blown through all the episodes pretty quickly! :lol: Dinner's now in the oven so it's a good evening so far. :)

Mmm, dinner... I should zap my exploding soup soon for lunch. :uhoh:

I've seen a few episodes of Big Bang Theory, you're obviously enjoying it! :D I'm creeping along in my Dr Who-watching by comparison, I'm only one episode into series four at the moment (and I still haven't gone back to see series one, oops). :reject: I really need to stop buying DVDs for a while though, I've been having an expensive start to the year. Although I'm trying to get a voucher for $30 out of the shop I usually get DVDs from, since they cancelled one of my online orders without telling me (their supplier couldn't get the DVD), and the gift card I'd used to order the DVD had expired since. Is it petty to want my $30 back? *L*

I need to go shopping for spring clothes too. There was a 30% off sale at Old Navy this weekend, but I just didn't feel like driving to the nearest one. :lol: :lazy:

Mmm, dinner... I should zap my exploding soup soon for lunch. :uhoh:

I've seen a few episodes of Big Bang Theory, you're obviously enjoying it! :D I'm creeping along in my Dr Who-watching by comparison, I'm only one episode into series four at the moment (and I still haven't gone back to see series one, oops). :reject: I really need to stop buying DVDs for a while though, I've been having an expensive start to the year. Although I'm trying to get a voucher for $30 out of the shop I usually get DVDs from, since they cancelled one of my online orders without telling me (their supplier couldn't get the DVD), and the gift card I'd used to order the DVD had expired since. Is it petty to want my $30 back? *L*

Exploding soup?! :uhoh: :lol:

I really am! I haven't found a show where I consistently laugh out loud in pretty much every episode before, so I'm having fun. :D I borrowed the first 3 seasons from a co-worker, and am going to watch season 4 online, since it's still going on. I'll probably catch up just in time for the season finale. :lol:

Ali, when's the party?

I went to H&M this weekend and got 2 new springy shirts and a pair of cut offs. I'd better get some color on my legs soon.

The hen's is this coming Saturday, the 26th. I've got gigs on the Friday and Sunday too, so it'll be a big weekend. *L*

And the wedding (weeding?) is the weekend after, on the 2nd. :panic:

I've given up on my legs ever being another colour besides "pasty". I rarely bare them even in summer, so they don't get a chance to see the sun much. Stockings, that's the other thing I need... Are you allowed to wear stockings with open-toed shoes?

The hen's is this coming Saturday, the 26th. I've got gigs on the Friday and Sunday too, so it'll be a big weekend. *L*

And the wedding (weeding?) is the weekend after, on the 2nd. :panic:

I've given up on my legs ever being another colour besides "pasty". I rarely bare them even in summer, so they don't get a chance to see the sun much. Stockings, that's the other thing I need... Are you allowed to wear stockings with open-toed shoes?

I say NO, but I could be wrong.

I had a feeling that was a no-no. Oh well, I don't have to buy stockings then, and everyone can just put up with my pasty chicken legs. :lol:

I need to go shopping for spring clothes too. There was a 30% off sale at Old Navy this weekend, but I just didn't feel like driving to the nearest one. :lol: :lazy:

Exploding soup?! :uhoh: :lol:

I really am! I haven't found a show where I consistently laugh out loud in pretty much every episode before, so I'm having fun. :D I borrowed the first 3 seasons from a co-worker, and am going to watch season 4 online, since it's still going on. I'll probably catch up just in time for the season finale. :lol:

I went into an Old Navy when I went to America a few years ago, they had some pretty nice stuff. I hear you on the laziness though... there's a reason I've left all this shopping of mine to the last minute! :reject:

*L* I sometimes have this microwave soup for lunch, you zap the whole (plastic) container, and unless you're careful, it has a tendency to go BANG and upend itself all over the inside of the microwave. Bit of a design flaw there, but I will keep buying it... I just have to zap it in two separate goes and it's usually okay.

I don't have much chance to watch Dr Who on TV as it's airing, so I'll probably just end up buying all the box sets when they come out... *L* They seem to be releasing the classic series DVDs sort of sporadically though.

I love Old Navy - pretty much all of my clothes are from there. They've got cute stuff for good prices. I really should have taken advantage of the 30% off, but oh well. :lol:

Ahh, okay, so it's not that dangerous. I was imagining something a little more violent on your stomach or something. :lol:

It was only a 30 min show, and there were commercials and talking for the majority of it. What a disappointment! :sigh: She only sang 3 songs. They were awesome, but still! SHOW MORE music!! Bah. I know there are plenty of YT videos out there, but I was hoping for a bit more. Shouldn't have expected that from MTV, though. :lol:

Yeah, doesn't that just totally suck? I've seen a couple concerts with people I like on there too and they do the same thing and it's like, SHUT UP I WANT TO HEAR THE MUSIC DAMNIT! Like stated, though, it IS MTV we're talking about here-should just be glad they're playing anything music-related at all.

Also, woo for "Big Bang Theory"! I got my friend the first season of that for her birthday a couple months ago-she and another friend of mine love the show, but she didn't have her own DVD copies yet, so I got it and we've been watching some of it when I've stayed over. I'd seen a couple episodes in the past and always liked them, but it was nice to start from the beginning. Very funny show. Jim Parsons is just awesome. I'd love to watch it on Thursdays, but unfortunately it coincides with "Community", and, well, "Community"=:heart: for me :wink:. If the episodes are online as well, though, I'll try and catch up there :).

Sorry to hear about your ankle, too, by the way :hug:. Hope it heals up soon. Also glad to hear you're getting better, GG-I sympathize on the coughing and blech stuff, I'm finally getting over my cold, too, and it's so nice to, you know, BREATHE again :p.

(LOL at the cat comic, too. God, yes, that can be our house some days, too. Such funny creatures, are cats :D)

Cori, frustrating to hear that there's still no word about the band stuff. I fully understand not wanting to be a pain and all that, but at the same time, all that work and now so much stalling...I'd be a bit annoyed, too. Hope you finally can hear something soon.

And yay, more videos! Will check those out soon. I noticed that was airing on PBS again last night but it was more than halfway through, I think, so I didn't get a chance to watch it. I'll try and catch it sometime, though, should they air it again.

Zu, any achievement in a race is worth noting, I applaud your efforts :up:. I don't know how you do it.

Comet, said this in FYM, but I'm very glad to hear the people you know survived the earthquake. I feel horrible about their plight otherwise, though, there's got to be SOMETHING that can be done to help them. Even so, yeah, it still doesn't always seem like it'd be enough, you know? My god, those poor people over there, my heart goes out to each and every one of them. I feel so bad :(.

Angela

I love Old Navy - pretty much all of my clothes are from there. They've got cute stuff for good prices. I really should have taken advantage of the 30% off, but oh well. :lol:

Ahh, okay, so it's not that dangerous. I was imagining something a little more violent on your stomach or something. :lol:

Ah well, there will be other sales!

Well no, it's not going to literally go off like a bomb or anything... I probably would have stopped eating it if it did bad things to my stomach. :lol: It gave me a hell of a fright the first time it blew up in a microwave though!

Yeah, doesn't that just totally suck? I've seen a couple concerts with people I like on there too and they do the same thing and it's like, SHUT UP I WANT TO HEAR THE MUSIC DAMNIT! Like stated, though, it IS MTV we're talking about here-should just be glad they're playing anything music-related at all.

Also, woo for "Big Bang Theory"! I got my friend the first season of that for her birthday a couple months ago-she and another friend of mine love the show, but she didn't have her own DVD copies yet, so I got it and we've been watching some of it when I've stayed over. I'd seen a couple episodes in the past and always liked them, but it was nice to start from the beginning. Very funny show. Jim Parsons is just awesome. I'd love to watch it on Thursdays, but unfortunately it coincides with "Community", and, well, "Community"=:heart: for me :wink:. If the episodes are online as well, though, I'll try and catch up there :).

Sorry to hear about your ankle, too, by the way :hug:.

It just seems to pointless to air a "concert," yet show only 3 songs, and then have 5 commercial breaks and too much yammering. I mean, I liked hearing her talk about her life and whatever, but I wanted music.

Yeah, I'm totally in love with the show. I agree - Jim is amazing. I alternately love/hate Sheldon, depending on what's going on. :lol: I don't know what time it airs, as I've obviously never watched it live before, but at the rate I'm going I'll probably be all caught up in time to watch it next week, if it's on. :lol:

Thanks. I'm going to try and book an appointment soon. My week is just crazy busy, so I don't know when I'd be able to get in - possibly on the weekend, but hopefully before then.

Ah well, there will be other sales!

Well no, it's not going to literally go off like a bomb or anything... I probably would have stopped eating it if it did bad things to my stomach. :lol: It gave me a hell of a fright the first time it blew up in a microwave though!

Turns out the sale actually lasts until Thursday here in Canada! Huzzah! I'll have to print out the email and see if I can make it to a store before then.

Late to the party, but re stockings and open-toed shoes ...

I always thought that was a fashion no-no/don't as well, but these days, I see loads of people with colorful tights and open-toed shoes.

I'd be more likely to do that than nylons/stockings with open-toed shoes. But maybe it's no longer the 'don't' that it used to be?

I'd say just make sure the nylons don't have a seam along the toe, like a lot of them do. :)

Glad to hear you heard from the family, comet. I hope they'll be okay too. : ( I totally agree with the helpless feeling. I just wish there were more I could do to help.

Thanks dazz. : hug:

Tonight for dinner I'm going to be making potato bacon soup. :drool: Anyone want to come over? : wink:

:hyper: Can I grab The Edge's Tyme Machine and come over!!! :hyper::lol:

You're welcome!

but :ohmy: I forgot about the family!:reject:
i've been praying and thinking everyday about the disasters there.

Oh and Daz, I haven't been working on the slam poetry thing b/c I've been working on Shakespeare with the Senior English classes.

oh right! Ido remember you're loving that
class! :up:

Happy Spring : D

It's....

........Spring!!!!! :heart: x Infinity

ALi I was especially (feckin' sheesh) growing up back in the late 1950's & 60's half-tomboy and half girl/teen fashionista!

wants to see photo's

Back
Top Bottom