PGP:sharing good laughs and having fun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hug: Weldy :hug: Thora :hug: Molly :hug: Drea

Sorry I was so spazzy about Fly being here. :giggle:

Fly I'm glad your doing okay. Its good to have you back.

Fly how is school going?

I have to tell you guys something really stupid I did last night. I have this art show coming up in August. Its for a huge organization that will possibly send my piece all over the US, if it gets accepted into the show. So I've been thinking about doing a piece based on this song that I'm in love with. Well I'm in love with the whole cd, but its the title track of the cd that I'm really loving. So essentially last night I approached the singer and asked him if he would be willing to meet me and to discuss what I have in mind. I have to get written permission from him, to avoid copyright infringement issues.

This is essentially like asking a young Bono to use one of his songs. The singer is not as well known, but he is so gorgeous. I swear he sings and my brain just shuts off. I don't know him really well personally, so I have to essentially convince a perfect stranger that I'm not going to fuck up their lifes work and embarrass them. :sick: :faint:

FlyYourKite said:
That's lovely Thora! :) What sorts of things did you do in Hawaii?

A whole lot of nothing! :combust: :drool: I mostly relaxed on the beach. We did a few things like hiking Diamond Head, going surfing, etc. But mostly I sat on the beach all day reading and soaking up the sun. It was heavenly! :love:

As far as I know, Dis hasn't had the little one yet. I think she might have another month or two to go, but I'm not totally sure.

Russty Cat said:
Fly how is school going?

School is alright! Not as into third year as I was with second. It's all community and family nursing which I'm not interested in whatsoever so sometimes it is hard forcing myself to do the work. :lol:

I have been doing shifts in the ER which have been *very* interesting to say the least.

^Dis might have more than that to go, I think Thora - didn't she say when she went to the Honolulu show she'd be about 4 months pregnant? (Or was it 5?)

ThoraSEB said:

A whole lot of nothing! :combust: :drool: I mostly relaxed on the beach. We did a few things like hiking Diamond Head, going surfing, etc. But mostly I sat on the beach all day reading and soaking up the sun. It was heavenly! :love:

As far as I know, Dis hasn't had the little one yet. I think she might have another month or two to go, but I'm not totally sure.

That sounds simply marvelous :drool: What a great time!

Ah okay, thanks for the info. I bet she's so excited! :)

Russty that sounds like a great opportunity for you - having your artwork shown, wow! :wink: You're so talented. I would think that if this guy gives you the rights or what not he is open to you creating something with the piece. Because you connect with it so much, I'm sure it will be a great motivator to do the best you can with it. :)

Fly I can't even imagine working the ER. I have a hard time being a patient in there. I don't think I could handle being in there too long. :|

Drea said:
^Dis might have more than that to go, I think Thora - didn't she say when she went to the Honolulu show she'd be about 4 months pregnant? (Or was it 5?)

Oooh - good point, Drea! I think you're right. :reject: So she's probably halfway thru or a little more than that by now.

Russty Cat said:
Fly I can't even imagine working the ER. I have a hard time being a patient in there. I don't think I could handle being in there too long. :|

:( :hug: I'm sure if I've had the sort of experiences you have had with hospitals, I wouldn't even be in nursing. :lol: You are so strong!

FlyYourKite said:
Russty that sounds like a great opportunity for you - having your artwork shown, wow! :wink: You're so talented. I would think that if this guy gives you the rights or what not he is open to you creating something with the piece. Because you connect with it so much, I'm sure it will be a great motivator to do the best you can with it. :)

:hug: Thanks, babe. Alot has changed in the last few months. Hopefully the next year will go alot better as far as work. I have three major shows coming up that I've been asked to submit pieces for.

I really have a hard time dealing with people, especially men one on one. Just last week I had a perfect stranger call me a dyke. I swear people can just be such idiots. I'm really nervous about doing this, but I keep thinking at the end of it I could end up with a really nice friend at the very least. And at the very worst I could totally kick his ass. :lol: :laugh:

I can't wait to see Baby Dis! :hyper:

Russty Cat said:

:hug: Thanks, babe. Alot has changed in the last few months. Hopefully the next year will go alot better as far as work. I have three major shows coming up that I've been asked to submit pieces for.

I really have a hard time dealing with people, especially men one on one. Just last week I had a perfect stranger call me a dyke. I swear people can just be such idiots. I'm really nervous about doing this, but I keep thinking at the end of it I could end up with a really nice friend at the very least. And at the very worst I could totally kick his ass. :lol: :laugh:

I can't wait to see Baby Dis! :hyper:

:hug: That's a great way to look at it! Everything is an opportunity. And you're so right - people can be ridiculous.

FlyYourKite said:

:( :hug: I'm sure if I've had the sort of experiences you have had with hospitals, I wouldn't even be in nursing. :lol: You are so strong!

Well now that I'm near my mom, hopefully there will be alot less hospital visits. She can do IV fluids and some meds at home, so I won't have to deal with ERs as often.

I don't know how long its been since you've been here Fly, but Thanksgiving week B, the girls, and I picked up and moved across California. We are now living in a smaller town about an hour and a half from LA. Thankfully only a few minutes from my parents.

:hug: Weldy I think its just as hard being there with someone you love when they are sick. I hate that helpless feeling. :heart:

Back
Top Bottom