perhaps he/she was a violent vegetarian

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

famous rungi

Acrobat
So this is the story.

Someone broke into my studio between 10pm last night and 8am today, and stabbed one of my paintings with a scissors and pin. That's all. Didn't pilfer any of my tools or write graffiti on anything.

Description of painting: I had vacuum-packed a painting in which I used raw meat. I had painted a picture of a girl directly on the raw meat and sealed the whole thing. There was a sign that said "pls don't poke or pinch".

Now, all the air has gone into the plastic and the whole thing is damaged. It looked a little frightening as the scissors went all the way through the canvas and into the wall.

I was a little upset this morning but now I'm much better and honestly, I feel a little flattered that it provoked such a reaction. I'm going to keep the scissors intact with the piece. Though I probably should step up on security.

foray

I went to see the filmmaker John Waters speak on Saturday night. He said a sure sign of good art is when it evokes strong feelings in people, either positive or negative.

that fucker

this a dangerous game someone is playing, luckily they are probably too cowardly to do anything else, but procede with caution, and yes, step up the security

Thats really fucked Fors. You seem to be handling it it quite ok though, I hope you are underneath too.

Very fucked matie, sorry to hear it. Please beef up your security and dont work back too late on your own will you?

Well, I really did feel flattered to be singled out like that. Sorta like I have joined the ranks of Barnett Newman (for anyone who gets the reference).

Sometimes acts of vandalism contribute to or co-author the artwork. That's why I have left the scissors intact... as if to tell my vandal "Fuck you, so what if you poked a scissors in, thanks very much, Mate!"

But today I felt a little vulnerable because so many people were concerned about MY safety, not my artworks. They told me not to work too late as I sometimes work until the wee hours of the morning. A couple offered to walk me home should I call them up.

All these warnings... made me have this mental image of myself getting stabbed in my studios... Yes, doesn't take much to stir up my imagination!

Now I'm freaked. Think I was a little too candid about what happened initially. Think I'll get over this paranoia by tomorrow. Then again, I wouldn't be me if I weren't paranoid.

Think I'll... go to sleep.

Night.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom