Penguin, Tasmania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Holy shit, I just poured a shitload of Bailey's into that half glass of milk I had left over from dinner. These glasses are large. :uhoh:

I have choc.

I also have havarti of unknown status. It's been opened, but the use by isn't until March...

Time for Alison drunkposting?

Also, if the cheese has no obvious mould growing on it, go for it. :up:

Time for Alison drunkposting?

Also, if the cheese has no obvious mould growing on it, go for it. :up:

Unlikely, although I may wobble on my way to bed, if I have to swig this in fairly short order.

Cheese looks good... trim a couple of bits of dried area off... smells good... tastes good! :up:

Unlikely, although I may wobble on my way to bed, if I have to swig this in fairly short order.

Cheese looks good... trim a couple of bits of dried area off... smells good... tastes good! :up:

Chug! Chug! Chug!

And good stuff. I may get some cheese of my own soon ...

A customer once raged at me because her cheese was mouldy.

It was blue cheese.

You can't make this shit up...:crack:

Oh I have a better story. My uncle, as some of you know, runs a bakery. This woman one day came in and ordered a HAZELNUT LOAF. To purchase this loaf, she had to request it by name. She had to utter the word "hazelnut".

Ten minutes later, my uncle gets a call. It's the woman. She's having an allergic reaction and asks "does your HAZELNUT loaf contain NUTS?"

My uncle literally dropped the phone in shock.

A customer once raged at me because her cheese was mouldy.

It was blue cheese.

You can't make this shit up...:crack:

:doh:

I actually found genuinely mouldy cheese... or was it dip? I think it was dip, in one of those small "express" supermarkets in the city once... I showed it to the cashier guy, and he peered at it, and said "that's not right"...

Oh I have a better story. My uncle, as some of you know, runs a bakery. This woman one day came in and ordered a HAZELNUT LOAF. To purchase this loaf, she had to request it by name. She had to utter the word "hazelnut".

Ten minutes later, my uncle gets a call. It's the woman. She's having an allergic reaction and asks "does your HAZELNUT loaf contain NUTS?"

FUCKSSAKE.

The fact that I can well believe this shows how much faith in humanity I've lost through working in retail. :doh:

:lol: Dear gods... a Darwin award waiting to happen.

:doh:

I actually found genuinely mouldy cheese... or was it dip? I think it was dip, in one of those small "express" supermarkets in the city once... I showed it to the cashier guy, and he peered at it, and said "that's not right"...

At my old work, we found some cheese at the back of the chiller...once we'd blasted the fungus away, we discovered it expired in 2000!! (This is in 2007. Believe it or not, that place is closed now...)

Hey I got road raged today!

Long story but some guy in a big black tinted windowed 4wd thought I'd done somthing wrong by travelling at the speed limit and indicating, then turning into the lane he wanted to be in. Heaven forbid!! He sat on the horn, rode right up my arse and followed me through a few streeets hurling abuse. A little scary, had Clint in the car but he might have gotten into a fight! I was fairly calm but it would have been kinda funny to see some douch with tipped hair going off at a tiny lady who really didnt' care.

FUCKSSAKE.

The fact that I can well believe this shows how much faith in humanity I've lost through working in retail. :doh:

At my old work, we found some cheese at the back of the chiller...once we'd blasted the fungus away, we discovered it expired in 2000!! (This is in 2007. Believe it or not, that place is closed now...)

Retail makes you lose faith in most human beings ability to be rational.

Thank god we don't sell food at our store! :lol:

Long story but some guy in a big black tinted windowed 4wd thought I'd done somthing wrong by travelling at the speed limit and indicating, then turning into the lane he wanted to be in. Heaven forbid!! He sat on the horn, rode right up my arse and followed me through a few streeets hurling abuse. A little scary, had Clint in the car but he might have gotten into a fight! I was fairly calm but it would have been kinda funny to see some douch with tipped hair going off at a tiny lady who really didnt' care.

And people wonder why Geelong has a bad rep...

Glad it didn't end in violence, anyway!

:yikes: What a twat!!

Back
Top Bottom