Oral, Tennessee Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why did I start a thread in FYM. Why.

Now I'm just really fucking angry. Jesus Christ. Maybe I should just step away from the computer for five minutes to calm down.

man:hug:

I'm pissed off to. I'm really upset about whats taken place...even though I've not been directly effected.....(aside from my girlfriends grandparents who've come a little too close for comfort) Just the whole weekend was really fucked up.

As I speak Shepparton is surrounded by smoke...and the nearest fire is about 2 hours drive away.

reminds me of when i had a screaming blue with someone on here in the '02 fires. pity it was the owner of said 'here'.

honestly, ax, when you're that emotionally immune (not to mention ignorant, cause Ireland have how many bushfires again?), it can only be xome kind of attempt to rile you.

fucking cunt. god, i never use that word. how does someone think like this when 108 people are fucking dead?

I cannot fathom how somebody could be so cold to try to score political points at a time like this. I mean ... what the hell possesses somebody.

I'm still reeling from what I'm reading in The Age, the ABC, etc. I'm honestly emotionally exhausted.

man:hug:

I'm pissed off to. I'm really upset about whats taken place...even though I've not been directly effected.....(aside from my girlfriends grandparents who've come a little too close for comfort) Just the whole weekend was really fucked up.

As I speak Shepparton is surrounded by smoke...and the nearest fire is about 2 hours drive away.

Glad your girlfriend's grandparents and their house are safe despite the close call. I'm not directly affected per se, but places I've been, vineyards whose wine I've enjoyed, they're gone. It's hard to get your head around it.

How's the power situation? Obviously you have power, but you mentioned some of the town doesn't yesterday - has that been restored, do you know?

Anyway, Grammys. Trying to get my mind off things. Any more lulz?

Glad your girlfriend's grandparents and their house are safe despite the close call. I'm not directly affected per se, but places I've been, vineyards whose wine I've enjoyed, they're gone. It's hard to get your head around it.

How's the power situation? Obviously you have power, but you mentioned some of the town doesn't yesterday - has that been restored, do you know?

Yeah, they're fine. They got a small fire behind their shed last night, but It was put out with not to much trouble.

The power I believe is fine. I'm not sure how much was effected yesterday...as far as I know everyone's back on.

I think it was a Powercor thing. To reduce the load on Electricty supplies or something.....

Of course you aren't, Kheen.

The power I believe is fine. I'm not sure how much was effected yesterday...as far as I know everyone's back on.

I think it was a Powercor thing. To reduce the load on Electricty supplies or something.....

Ah, cool. Yeah, the article I read about it on Sunday morning indicated there was load shedding involved. I wonder if some transmission lines were affected by the fire then? I know one of the fires out Colac way was apparently caused by power lines sparking.

Quick stop, and not for my usual cursing of Ian.

Ax and anyone else that's impacted by the fires, I hope that you and yours stay safe and sound. I lived in Southern California for 10 years, so, I can semi-relate to what is going on....but what you're experiencing is a ton worse.

That's all.

btw, for you overly curious types:

Photo9.jpg

aww you guys :cute:

Ax and anyone else that's impacted by the fires, I hope that you and yours stay safe and sound. I lived in Southern California for 10 years, so, I can semi-relate to what is going on....but what you're experiencing is a ton worse.

That's all.

Look, when you're facing a fire, who cares who's is technically the worst. They're as scary as fuck. I'm sure you're familiar with the fear they bring.

That's all.

Thanks NSW, much appreciated. Luckily the suburbs my close friends and I live in have stayed safe ... my father's in the wine industry though and we believe all the people he knows in the Yarra Valley wine region are OK but there's substantial damage to some vineyards.

fuck, it's raining! great, we'll probably flood now :happy:

I've been so caught up in what's happened down here that I haven't kept up with the news in Queensland as much as I'd wish, but it's such a brutal irony that places like Cairns and Ingham are experiencing major flooding while Victoria burns. I'm very thankful my aunt and uncle moved back to the Gold Coast from that region a few years ago.

I'm considering going to help out with the rebuilding. I'm sure there will be some sort of volunteer program set up in the near future.....

I'm considering going to help out with the rebuilding. I'm sure there will be some sort of volunteer program set up in the near future.....

Hopefully. I'd like to do something tangible myself, something more than just repudiating the Internet's heartless pricks. Obviously money can be donated, but ... I just wish I could drive so that I could get somewhere where I could lend a hand (public transport isn't exactly running to the affected areas!), or that I had some space to offer as emergency accommodation.

Hopefully. I'd like to do something tangible myself, something more than just repudiating the Internet's heartless pricks. Obviously money can be donated, but ... I just wish I could drive so that I could get somewhere where I could lend a hand (public transport isn't exactly running to the affected areas!), or that I had some space to offer as emergency accommodation.

I just feel Helpless...its like....I don't really know how to describe it. I'd just like to help. I'm sitting at desk doing nothing...I could really use the time to help out...even if its going to the store to buy supply the Fireies with food or helping out at one of the shelters they have set up in Whittlesea....ya know?...

Secondly, WARRANDYTE SOUTH RINGWOOD-WARRANDYTE RD Fire : Small Trucks :4

I just feel Helpless...its like....I don't really know how to describe it. I'd just like to help. I'm sitting at desk doing nothing...I could really use the time to help out...even if its going to the store to buy supply the Fireies with food or helping out at one of the shelters they have set up in Whittlesea....ya know?...

I know exactly what you mean. I hate being unable to drive. If I could, I'd have long since hopped in my car and gone to offer my services at one of the shelters.

And just when I post that....It seems the one in Warrandyte is a 'false alarm'...but with 4 trucks?....thats a bit strange.

Huh, well, that's a relief all the same.

Hey Bonnie.

I've read that the Red Cross in Melbourne has been completely inundated with people wanting to donate blood. Good on everyone.

Hey Bonnie.

I've read that the Red Cross in Melbourne has been completely inundated with people wanting to donate blood. Good on everyone.

Depending on how things go for me, I'd like to give blood too. And I've got heaps of clothes I wanted to get rid of over in Minlaton. Anyway I can help from interstate.

AW SHIT I FORGOTTAWATCH THE GRAMMIES

And I LOVE bad television!

Oh, thanks for the reminder. I got so caught up following the bushfires that I forgot to add the YouTube footage of GOYB to U2gigs. Just did that now.

The GOYB performance wasn't bad, about what I was expecting. I'm sure they can kick shit up during the tour. I think it was a good start, and to be frank, the Grammies deserve nothing better.

Back
Top Bottom