Opening Acts 2010 - Lenny Kravitz, Interpol, The Fray and more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well when I told my 14 year old that SP was opening (he's coming, also) he said that they were 'so 2007'. Whatever that means :lol:

It means "holy shit, if seeing them live means I have to hear Chasing Cars one more cotton-pickin' time I am going to stab somebody."

I don't see the BEP going over very well. And I can't see their music translating to stadiums either. Throw in the fact it will be 1/2 empty when they play and the acoustics may sound worse.

I saw them open for Dave Matthews Band and I thought they did a great job

Any Muse songs u guys suggest I download so I can fimiliarize myself with them?

Any Muse songs u guys suggest I download so I can fimiliarize myself with them?

Two songs: New Born and Time is Running out. :drool:

Others can be Starlight, Supermassive Black Hole, Invincible, Knights of Cydonia, Hysteria, Map of the Problematique, Stockholm Syndrome, Butterflies and hurricanes..

yeah, I could go on for a while. :wink: If you want to get familiar with Live Muse, get H.A.A.R.P.!

:tsk: you try to defend BEP and don't like Knights Of Cydonia = -2 points

I will point out that I would rather see SP then pretty much any other opening band I have seen on previous tours in Toronto...

Well I'm not really defending them per se, I just think a Toronto audience will like them better than SP.

I do agree with you however...just looking at past "Toronto openers". God they were sucktastic. Third Eye Blind? Dashboard Confessional? I'm not a huge PJ Harvey fan. Seems really fucked in the biggest market in Canada. They could use any number of semi-successful local bands and do far better.

LIKE K-OS, for fuck's sake!!!!

;)

Two songs: New Born and Time is Running out. :drool:

Others can be Starlight, Supermassive Black Hole, Invincible, Knights of Cydonia, Hysteria, Map of the Problematique, Stockholm Syndrome, Butterflies and hurricanes..

yeah, I could go on for a while. :wink: If you want to get familiar with Live Muse, get H.A.A.R.P.!

I'll get to downloading those tracks...thanks
:D

Dont waste your money on them!
Get them the free way!

Muse are ok, but most of their stuff is noise and they come across as dicks in interviews talking about all their global conspiracies and space bollocks

Dont waste your money on them!
Get them the free way!

Muse are ok, but most of their stuff is noise and they come across as dicks in interviews talking about all their global conspiracies and space bollocks

Oh really? MUSE come across as dicks? I assume you also think the Gallagher brothers are rather tame compared to them and rather normal eh?

Either way, it's not a waste of money and it's sure as hell better spent than downloading any Oasis crap for free!

Oh really? MUSE come across as dicks? I assume you also think the Gallagher brothers are rather tame compared to them and rather normal eh?

Either way, it's not a waste of money and it's sure as hell better spent than downloading any Oasis crap for free!

amen sistah!:applaud:

i would like to see actual proof of them being dicks... Every interview I saw they were rather down to earth, shy and funny...

actually I have a story that is far from being a 'dick'.. Someone here who lives in Austrailia actually met Muse at the airport one day and were chatting getting a pic, autographs and Matt used her camera to take a pic of her and someone else (not sure if it was Dom or Chris) and he accidentially dropped her camera, breaking it. He and the boys told her that they would take care of this and to meet management the next day before the Muse concert, so she did and they presented her with a brand new camera and many appologies.. Yeah, they are real dicks all right..:huh:

I heard on the radio yesterday on the way home from work that Paul McCartney would be opening for the boys in Dublin? That would be pretty sweet if true!

I don't think that is true. There are already 2 opening acts announced for all 3 nights.

Call me crazy, but I'm going to grab Snow Patrol tickets for the Myth in St. Paul on Sept. 10, the night before we drive down to Chicago for the U2 NA opener with Snow Patrol.

I like them a lot. My wife LOVES them.

Mark

Call me crazy, but I'm going to grab Snow Patrol tickets for the Myth in St. Paul on Sept. 10, the night before we drive down to Chicago for the U2 NA opener with Snow Patrol.

I like them a lot. My wife LOVES them.

Mark

sounds like an awesome time to me.. I really want to see them at Tower Theater in Philly after the U2 NY shows..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom