Opening Acts 2010 - Lenny Kravitz, Interpol, The Fray and more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Script supporting today

Just in case you don't know, for the Croke Park gig today, fellow Irish band - The Script will be supporting U2.

This comes just a week after the trio supported Paul McCartney. The Script have a multi-platinum selling debut album with singles such as We Cry, The Man Who Can't Be Moved, Breakeven and Talk You Down.

The band are currently breaking America, and also have a headline Irish tour coming up in August.

Head to TheScriptMusic.com for more on the band

:no::no: the thought of having to endure 360 degrees of Fergie's humps for 40-45 minutes is enough to make me :beer::cocktail::cocktail::cocktail:

(edit) actually, I guess I'd prefer Fergie's humps to Frank Black's, but I'd prefer his music as an opening act)

Oh, if Fergie could put out music like Frank Black, why would I watch anything else?

Makes me miss Lush--great-looking and great-sounding.

Mark

Well, I thought the Kaiser Chiefs really rocked Croke Park on July 25th. Ricky didn't seem pretentious at all. Nor did he come off as trying too hard. He got the crowd really going!! And not just for them but for U2.

I'm actually looking for their setlist during their opening act in Dublin. I only know the song Ruby... the rest I can't remember...:reject:

I don't know the exact setlist but I can help you with more songs. They played their hits, I predict a Riot, Every Day I love you less and less, Modern way, Love's not a competition(But I'm winning), Oh My god(last song), The Angry Mob... :hmm: Let's see... I think they played Never miss a beat too, but I"m not sure.

The Kaiser CHiefs were absolutely AWESOME! Ricky was being brilliant as always and they were just all so good! :rockon: Saw them in Paris too, but Dublin beat those two gigs by a mile!

Makes me miss Lush--great-looking and great-sounding.

Mark

I thought I was the only Lush fan around here. I always hoped for a reunion, but after the tragedy with their drummer it was clearly never going to happen, and rightfully so.

Still, songs like De-Luxe, Sweetness and Light, Etheriel, Lovelife, Thoughtforms, etc, are songs I still love to hear.

im gutted that glasvegas are playing on the 15th at wembley, i saw them support oasis at the roundhouse last october and didnt think much of them, but elbow are great

I thought I was the only Lush fan around here. I always hoped for a reunion, but after the tragedy with their drummer it was clearly never going to happen, and rightfully so.

Still, songs like De-Luxe, Sweetness and Light, Etheriel, Lovelife, Thoughtforms, etc, are songs I still love to hear.

I got to play pinball next to the lead singer at First Avenue. OMG she's beautiful! :drool:

I'd love to relive the glory days of 90s alternative shows, but it ain't gonna happen. Just glad to have the memories.

Mark

Glasvegas was one of the worst opening bands I've seen in a while. Unfortunately, I might have the pleasure of seeing them open for Kings Of Leon in a month back here in the U.S. The other 3 @ Dublin were good to OK, with Kaiser Chiefs being the best. I missed the opening bands on the Monday show since I showed up around 815-830pm...

MUSE should be interesting

I don't know the exact setlist but I can help you with more songs. They played their hits, I predict a Riot, Every Day I love you less and less, Modern way, Love's not a competition(But I'm winning), Oh My god(last song), The Angry Mob... :hmm: Let's see... I think they played Never miss a beat too, but I"m not sure.

The Kaiser CHiefs were absolutely AWESOME! Ricky was being brilliant as always and they were just all so good! :rockon: Saw them in Paris too, but Dublin beat those two gigs by a mile!

They played not sure about the order

Everyday I Love You Less and Less
I Predict a Riot
Modern Way
Oh My God
Ruby
The Angry Mob
Love's Not a Competition (But I'm Winning)
Never Miss a Beat
You Want History
Take My Temperature

Surprised Kaisers played Take My Temperature as a support act, thought it was just a fan favourite, being a b-side and all.

Looking forward to ElboW setlists....

Elbow are gunna be amazing. Can't wait to see what they're like in a stadium setting. Not long now!

Does anyone of You know some songs that are played trough the speakers before the live concert. I've heard some very interresting music there - but i don't know what are those bands/artists?

Hope Guy Garvey throws in a few of the jokes he threw in at V Fest in Melbs this year....he's a top frontman, as well as a stunning lyricist.

I went to the Doctor and he told me to stop masturbating, and I asked "why, i like it, it's good", and he said "I'm trying to examine you"....:up:

Bit late but I thought Republic of Loose did a really good job at Dublin 2. I had never heard them before but thought their sound was interesting. They had the tough job of starting the night in a practically empty stadium.

I particularly enjoyed 'You know it' and 'Break'

hellz yeah they were great! Ricky is so much fun!:love:

I have to say, I'm not looking forward to seeing Glasvegas again. Where are The Killers, Kaiser Chiefs, Muse, White Lies et al.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom