Opening Acts 2010 - Lenny Kravitz, Interpol, The Fray and more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute and complete shit. Only worsted (is that a word) by Gavin Stefani and Dashboard Pukesessional.

Ouch...rly? Thats purdy bad...

Utterly terrible. My ex-girlfriend and I had to play "paper, scissors, rock" to stay awake.

Saw them again at Sound Relief in March this year and they had improved a fair deal.

Okay, I've heard that they have been steadily improving...

^I thought Favor Flav didn't like Bono...but thought Edge was "chill"

Chuck D wrote a book and included parts about touring with U2.....and he couldn't believe how incredibly organized everything was and how well the band (Public Enemy) were treated.

Utterly terrible. My ex-girlfriend and I had to play "paper, scissors, rock" to stay awake.

Saw them again at Sound Relief in March this year and they had improved a fair deal.

(KOL)

I completely ignored them during the Vertigo Tour. They sucked.
But, then we caught a lot of their set at Lollapalooza '07, and they sounded quite good.

So, I guess they are improving, but I still don't care that much (unless someone can really tell me why I should get their newest album).

Mark

You can go with Gabe's opinion of KOL, but please bear in mind that he also likes Black Eyed Peas, so ....

:wink:

I guess they are improving, but I still don't care that much (unless someone can really tell me why I should get their newest album).

Well Use Somebody and Sex on Fire are two of the worst rock songs in recent popular music so if that encourages you to buy it, go ahead :wink:

You can go with Gabe's opinion of KOL, but please bear in mind that he also likes Black Eyed Peas, so ....

:wink:

:lol:

I don't "like" BEP per se. My kids love that Boom Boom song and my daughter has this really cute dance she does, so that always brings the smiles. Do I think BEP will be better than KOL (was) live? HELL YEAH.

Anyways, I was spoiled, I got Kanye and Damian Marley, the two best openers (apart from Arcade Fire) on North American Vertigo, so, yeah, KOL sounded like shit compared to them.

I can understand the "Use Somebody" and "Sex on Fire" hate...those are my two least favorite songs off the album...

But I love "Crawl"

Did their bass player ever do his laundry? God, he was gross. I don't know what was grosser, his dirty wife beater or the guitarist horking into the walkway between the stage and the crowd. :yuck:

Well, back in 2005 Jared was 18 so...no, don't think so...

Yeah I remember seeing them at the Anaheim show. They were kinda loud and I couldn't really understand what the guy was singing. It wasn't very memorable. I only knew one of their songs though, so I kinda wasn't even paying much attention.

I'm fine with seeing BEP's though. I don't have any of their CD's but their music seems to be a good type for getting amped up and jumping around. Since I'll be doing GA, that's the type of opener I want. Someone who can get me energized with some stupid fun songs that I know. Muse would be awesome too though. All the other bands I really don't care about, especially Snore Patrol.

I'm bummed about BEP too but the previous poster made a good point about them amping the crowd before the boys (if they're good). I'd much rather see Muse or Snow Patrol, 2 bands I really like. Last tour we got stuck with KOL on the 1st leg. That was utter rubbish, I disliked hearing them. Damian Marley was one of the best openers I've seen. I was so happy & literally jumping up/down as high as I could, but also because U2 was next. Nothing beats Rage Against the Machine opening in 97 at the Coliseum. Legendary:up:. I do acknowledge that they aren't everyone's cup of tea though.

I'd like to thank U2 for getting me into KOL. Right now I'd have to say KOL OBTN > U2 NLOTH.... Sorry... And currently their album is #9 and #21 on iTunes and it was release last September...

Aha Shake Heartbreaker (the album they were supporting during Vertigo) is a great album. Listen to tracks 1-3 on that album... Then 5-6.. My favorite KOL songs right now off of OBTN is Closer and Cold Desert... You can definitely see the influence of U2 on them over the last two albums though...

However U2 live > KOL live. But its a lot easier on the body to go to a KOL show than a U2 show, not a lot of waiting... I've seen them 5 times since the two times on Vertigo and will be seeing them two more times in Sept. in the NY area....

However, the best opening band for U2 I've ever seen has to be Pearl Jam... KOL was good, but I wasn't too familiar with their music as I am now. .. Keane was good... I'm sure Muse will knock most of them out of the water...

I'd like to thank U2 for getting me into KOL. Right now I'd have to say KOL OBTN > U2 NLOTH.... Sorry... And currently their album is #9 and #21 on iTunes and it was release last September...

I have listend to OBTN more than NLOTH...I feel ashamed but NLOTH just isn't clicking with me

Yes, MUSE is good. I never even knew that one of their songs was part of the Twilight movie... Different than KOL, but good...

Yeah, Supermassive Black Hole plays during a scene in the movie, where they're playing Super Vampire Fantastic Baseball or whatever.

As horrible and horrendous as I thought the book was, I thought the movie was - surprisingly - nowhere near as awful as the book. Honestly, though, that's not saying very much.

I only read the book and watched the movie for the lulz and to see what all the fuss was about.

After all the drama between Wiii.I.Am's manager and Perz Hilton, I am actually looking forward to seeing BEP.
lol

That idiot Perez got what he deserves.

^Seems like you guys approve of them! They will be opening the show I'm attending...

I was just a bit "concerned" because all the 14 year old Twilight wanna be Emo's obsess over Muse.

After all the drama between Wiii.I.Am's manager and Perz Hilton, I am actually looking forward to seeing BEP.
lol

That idiot Perez got what he deserves.

He had it coming, after all the nasty shit he writes about other people...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom