Only GAs for Pre-sale?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ferball415

Acrobat
Hey guys,

Like many of you, I am a u2.com subscriber and have not been able to get a single GA for Philadelphia (my hometown), NYC, NJ, Boston, and now Chicago, despite being completely alert and ready at 10 and 11 on the dot(s).

After reading a lot of your posts, this was mentioned and I want to know if you guys think it would be fair or not if instead of getting only a portion of tix from each section available for u2.com subscribers, u2.com/ticketmaster should reserve ALL GAs for us, and then maybe a bit of the mezzanine or something.

I feel like maybe that way, we'd all get what we want (which, and this is a wild guess, but for 99% of us seems to be GA). I understand there are some who have their reasons for wanting seats elsewhere (pregnancy, "too old for that", etc). But I'd say GA should be for the hardest of core fans and I think a u2.com KEYCHAIN would be a badge signifying that. Agreed?

Your friend, Sean

Of course I agree, but thats not the way business works. Clear Channel has deals with radio stations and other outlets like that and a considerable amount of floor tickets are set aside for VIPs and contest winners and not even in the general selling pool. Clear Channel is a radio station conglomerate I'd bet that each venue that U2 plays in has a Clear Channel station and those stations will be allotted at least 20 GAs. Figure 10-12 will be reserved for employees and another 8 at best will be divvied up for contests.

I admit I got lucky pulling GA's for Philly but I do agree that GA should be set aside for the fans, especially the ones that shelled out the 40 bucks because we thought that would help us all get a better chance at getting the best spots for the show.

U2 made a GA area for Elevation because they wanted the fans to have the most affordable seats, the best seats, but the convolution of business and really the lack of any caring for the real fans is a bit sickening and without question disheartening.

Back
Top Bottom