ON SALE DATES! Right here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah tkramer, some people should consider themselves lucky to have a show less than 6 hours away. St. Louis and KC screwed again. Ya know, U2 sure didn't make much of an effort to reach places not played the first time around. Sure there's a couple new cities, but most are being replayed or are very close to cities that were played extensively the first time around. Guess I'll have to spend hundreds more $$$ I don't have to see one show this fall. Life's a bitch I guess.

Oh well, so much for the 3rd leg. Looks like if you aren't in new england or the west coast you can wait a few years like the rest of the world. No way I'm going to be able to drive the 900 miles it is to the closest show now that the nashville one isn't happening.

Just be pleased your getting more arena shows unlike the UK and our Australian brothers and sisters are getting none!

I'm saving to get over for New York but its not looking good
frown.gif

I'm very poor............sob sob

Need my heart fix, addicted since Earls Court

No real suprises as far as where they are playing or when tickets go on sale. Now the million dollar question is what (if anything) is Propaganda going to do. If they are not going to provide tickets I hope they at least have the decency to say so before this Saturday so we know how frantically we need to pursue tickets.

U2.com has made the official announcement. The dates are up there. Now it's just a matter of prop offering tickets or not. Anyone know how to find out????

------------------
"As guests on MTV in '82 -Bono, The Edge, Adam, and Larry - they were asked to describe what they had that separated them from other artists, what made them special. If you think about it, it was a pretty ballsy question, but then again the channel was young. U2 simply responded, 'Watch us and see.' So here we are almost two decades, thirteen albums, millions of fans and more than 50 music videos later, we find ourselves still watching.

Their music - the unforgettable fires and the streets with no names - stretched far beyond the sonic landscape. The beat of every U2 song is the pulse of every human heart. When Bono shouts 'This is not a rebel song' at the start of 'Sunday, Bloody Sunday', we know that it really is. It is the sound of a generation rebelling against its own indifference.

And yes, the rumors are true. These four lads from Dublin are, indeed, rock stars. They smoke. They drink. They use bad language in mixed company. They're extremely rich and they can flash more bling than most posses in this room. They have also - they have also done more than most governments to eliminate debt in Third World countries. Rock stars they are, and God bless them for that.

What really separates U2 from the rest, more importantly, is relevance. The only thing that keeps an artists credible and alive for this long is relevance. From Boy to Joshua Tree to All That You Can't Leave Behind, this is what music feels like when it's done right. It's a fist in the air, a kick in the balls, and two hearts beating as one, and we have it all on video for you."

ahhhhh.... while this is exciting, I almost wish I didn't look--I can start getting nervous now!! Nerves will not shut off until tickets are within my hands
wink.gif

------------------
"If I am close to the music, and you are close to the music, we are close to each other." -Bono

Prop will most likely announce it on their website in the next day or two (hopefully). I want to know either way before Saturday.

From SFX.com:

U2 TOUR NEWS

FALL LEG OF ELEVATION TOUR KICKS OFF IN OCTOBER; TIX
ON SALE SATURDAY!

On the heels of one of the most successful tours in history, Clear
Channel Entertainment announces plans for the fall leg of the "U2
Elevation Tour 2001." U2 initially launched its tour, the band's first
arena tour since 1992, on March 24 and has continued with more
than 80 sold-out dates in North America and Europe. Dates for the
tour's next leg were announced today with tickets slated to go on
sale beginning Saturday, September 15, 2001.

This fall, the tour kicks off October 10th at Notre Dame, the legendary
home of "The Fighting Irish" followed by dates in Montreal, Hamilton,
Chicago, Baltimore, New York City, East Rutherford, Providence,
Philadelphia, Austin, Denver, Salt Lake City, Los Angeles, Oakland
and Las Vegas.

"U2's arena show has been this year's hottest ticket and we're
delighted to announce more shows for the fall," said Arthur Fogel,
President of Touring - Music, Clear Channel Entertainment. "U2
Elevation Tour 2001" follows on the heels of the band's critically
acclaimed Interscope release All That You Can't Leave Behind which
debuted at Number 1 in 32 countries and has achieved sales in
excess of 10 million worldwide since its release on October 31,
2000. The album's debut track, "Beautiful Day," received three
Grammy Awards, including "Song of the Year," "Record of the Year"
and "Best Rock Performance by a Duo or a Group." U2 was also
recently presented with the "Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award"
at the MTV Awards held in New York, Thursday, September 6, 2001.

As with the first North American leg and the European leg, U2 will
offer General Admission floor tickets giving fans the best view in the
house for $45 per ticket. With nearly half of the seats in the arena
priced at $45, additional tickets will also be available at $85 with
a very limited number of golden-circle seating at $130.

The dates go like this:

Oct. 10 - Notre Dame, IN - Joyce Center (On sale Sept. 15)
Oct. 12 - Montreal, PQ - Molson Centre (On sale Sept. 15)
Oct. 13 - Hamilton, ON - Copps Coliseum (On sale Sept. 15)
Oct. 15 - Chicago, IL - United Center (On sale Sept. 15)
Oct. 19 - Baltimore, MD - Arena (On sale Sept. 15)
Oct. 24 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden (On sale Sept. 24)
Oct. 28 - E. Rutherford, NJ - Continental Airlines Arena (On sale Sept. 24)
Oct. 30 - Providence, RI - Civic Center (On sale Sept. 15)
Nov. 02 - Philadelphia, PA - First Union Center (On sale Sept. 15)
Nov. 05 - Austin, TX - Frank Erwin Center (On sale Sept. 22)
Nov. 07 - Denver, CO - Pepsi Center (On sale Sept. 22)
Nov. 09 - Salt Lake City, UT - Delta Center (On sale Sept. 22)
Nov. 12 - Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center (On sale Sept. 23)
Nov. 15 - Oakland, CA - Arena (On sale Sept. 23)
Nov. 18 - Las Vegas, NV - Thomas & Mack Center (On sale Sept. 22)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------
"Look what you did you little JERK!"

"Kevin! You're such a disease!"

[This message has been edited by mikal (edited 09-10-2001).]

Shit! Sorry about the last part.

------------------
"Look what you did you little JERK!"

"Kevin! You're such a disease!"

Whoa, sweet! But where is the "official" anouncement that's supposed to be made at 5 Eastern/4 Central? I guess we have a little over an hour to wait for that, maybe on MTV or something.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Yay!! Tickets for my shows go on sale the 22nd--the first day I'll have off for the next 2 weeks. Man, I was sweating that one, thinking I'd be on an airplane when they went on sale. Whew. Thank you.

They're gonna add more dates as the tickets sell out, right???? More Chicago, please!!!!

------------------
"As guests on MTV in '82 -Bono, The Edge, Adam, and Larry - they were asked to describe what they had that separated them from other artists, what made them special. If you think about it, it was a pretty ballsy question, but then again the channel was young. U2 simply responded, 'Watch us and see.' So here we are almost two decades, thirteen albums, millions of fans and more than 50 music videos later, we find ourselves still watching.

Their music - the unforgettable fires and the streets with no names - stretched far beyond the sonic landscape. The beat of every U2 song is the pulse of every human heart. When Bono shouts 'This is not a rebel song' at the start of 'Sunday, Bloody Sunday', we know that it really is. It is the sound of a generation rebelling against its own indifference.

And yes, the rumors are true. These four lads from Dublin are, indeed, rock stars. They smoke. They drink. They use bad language in mixed company. They're extremely rich and they can flash more bling than most posses in this room. They have also - they have also done more than most governments to eliminate debt in Third World countries. Rock stars they are, and God bless them for that.

What really separates U2 from the rest, more importantly, is relevance. The only thing that keeps an artists credible and alive for this long is relevance. From Boy to Joshua Tree to All That You Can't Leave Behind, this is what music feels like when it's done right. It's a fist in the air, a kick in the balls, and two hearts beating as one, and we have it all on video for you."

Back
Top Bottom