Official Thoughts/Prayers Needed Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aunt Ruth started radiation today, and also had a PET scan which showed that there are cancerous spots on some of her bones. :sad: She hasn't had the MRI yet that would show whether it has spread to her brain. My cousin Sharon is her only "child", and I was glad to learn that Sharon's two sons are coming home to Virginia for Thanksgiving, one from Tennessee and the other from Colorado. I could just cry!

Cancer is evil. I'm amazed at its prevalence.

Why does there seem to be so much more of it these days??? :sad:

Sedentary lifestyle, chemicals in the air, in the water, in our household products, in our FOOD. We put so much toxic crap in our bodies as a society, it's frightening. I'd like to think the world is waking up to this reality, though.

//rant.

I'm sorry, again, to hear about your aunt. :hug: Cancer is so awful.

And my step-brother-in-law's lung tumor has apparently doubled in size in the past 5 weeks. :huh:

It's all so sad! Sorry to hear about your step-brother-in-law. :sad:

My cousin sent pictures of their Thanksgiving dinner. My aunt insisted on preparing dinner for them, and I know it was important to her and that she felt up to doing it. The pictures of her, my cousin, and my cousins two sons are so precious. :heart:

I'm cross

A minute ago whilst I was watching Bono's and Alicia Keys live version of Don't Give Up I also did something very stupid indeed. I scrolled down the page and read the comments left on YouTube. What's more I clicked at the bottom of the page so I could read what the morons had written on pages 2 and 3. My blood started to heat up before I snapped myself out of it, and I boiled with rage.

I manage to perk myself up a bit by typing how I felt into the Google search engine. I typed I'm Cross and this is the third link I found that seemed to do the trick.

From now on I should just reside myself that folks are ignorant morons. Even those who proclaim to know a lot of what they are talking about can even be wrong, lying about how much they know or exaggerating about how knowledgeable they are. Case and point Neil McCormick

WHEN I’M CROSS
by
Mab Davis (1934)

My mother says when I am cross
As I am now and then,
It’s better not to talk at all,
But count inside, to ten.
‘Cos if you do it slowly
Just like this: one, two, three, four!
By the time you’ve finished,
You’re not angry anymore!
It sounds all right, but then somehow,
It doesn’t work with me,
And when I’ve counted up to ten
I’m cross as I can be.
And so I’ve found another way,
I whisper very low,
And so that no one else can hear
The rudest words I know:
Bother, bloomin’, hang and drat,
Female, blazes, beast and cat.
Golly, blinkin’, pig and mug,
Spit and stomach, bosh and slug.
When I’ve said all these I find
I can feel quite good and kind.
Aunt Jane comes to stay with us,
She’s awfully tall and thin.
She always makes me very cross,
As soon as she comes in.
Because she says ‘Now don’t do that’
And ‘Don’t make such a noise’
She says ‘Be seen and never heard’s
The rule for little boys.’
She tells me not to slam the door,
And not to tease the cat,
And ‘Don’t speak with your mouth full, child’
And silly things like that.
I often think I’d like to throw
An ink pot at her head.
But then I’d get in such a row,
And so I say instead:-
Spit and stomach, bosh and slug,
Then I say it all again,
Out loud I say ‘Yes, aunt Jane.’
I know you won’t believe it,
But I’ve seen it, - and it’s real!
My mummy’s bought a baby girl
Imagine how I feel.
It’s not a nice one, either
‘Cos it’s ugly, and it’s bald.
It’s not the leastest bit of good,
It won’t come when it’s called.
If she’d only bought a puppy
Well, that wouldn’t be half bad!
But to go and waste her pennies
On a baby – makes me mad!
When I first heard about it
I hid down in the shed
At the bottom of the garden,
And right out loud I said:-
Spit and stomach, bosh and slug.
I said another one as well,
I’d better spell this... H-E-L!

Well, my step-brother-in-law has made it through three major surgeries, including open-heart surgery, from stage 4 cancer in the past few months, so now they're playing the wait-and-see game. We're all kind of amazed that he's still here. Prayers/good thoughts for a cancer-free 2012 would be great. :)

I love that I found my old embarrissingly clunky headphones AND THEY WORK! After I thought they'd broken!

I say embarrassingly clunky because they are huge. And heavy on my head.

Please think of us and pray for us in Central Europe, especially the South and East of Germany, Austria (where I live) and the Czech Republic. People are experiencing the worst floodings ever and it's getting even more dramatic day by day. It's been raining for days and there's water everywhere. :sad:

Please think of us and pray for us in Central Europe, especially the South and East of Germany, Austria (where I live) and the Czech Republic. People are experiencing the worst floodings ever and it's getting even more dramatic day by day. It's been raining for days and there's water everywhere. :sad:

Be safe, last unicorn! :hug:

My cousin's best friend committed suicide last weekend. She's already had a lot to deal with in her life lately and now this happened. Please pray for her because she's going to need a lot of strength to get through this. The family wants her to speak at the funeral and I can't imagine how hard that's going to be. :(

So sorry to hear that. I lost my grandfather suddenly this summer, I know how hard this tough is for you and I'm sending love and support.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Thanks. The last few days have been really stressful from such a shock. Relatives have been arriving and the funeral isn't until Monday, so I feel like I've been in limbo, not knowing what I should be doing, if anything.

There was no warning; Grandma said he came in the house, sat in his chair, let out a deep breath, and that was it. I was at work, and my dad called to say that he and my mom were at their house with paramedics and that it looked like Grandpa had just passed away. One minute everything is OK, and the next, I'm at the hospital listening to a nurse asking Grandma which funeral home she wants to use.

It doesn't seem like this is really happening and sometimes I just need to take a break from it and do something normal. The internet is a good diversion.

Back
Top Bottom