OFFICIAL - New Album Delayed Until 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even think it's a "delay", because the November date was never confirmed, we haven't heard a confirmed album title, only rumours made up by fans and taken over by newspapers. No one said the album was finished.
you are absolutely right
but the tone of your post is not negative enough to warrant posting on this forum

next time at least blast Paul McGuiness or something :up:

I'll believe aliens co-exist with us on this planet sooner than I'll believe a "reliable" source for @U2 in future, that's for sure!

Remember, remember, the 18th of November.

Just think of McGuine$$'s reaction to a double album: "You mean not only are you going to release it in the spring..but your'e going to SELL TWO ALBUMS FOR THE PRICE OF ONE AND A HALF?!" :scream:

It might be enough to drive him into retirement. :hyper:

:lmao:

I don't think there is anything "OFFICIAL" about a delay. Who says the album is actually "delayed"??

I'll believe aliens co-exist with us on this planet sooner than I'll believe a "reliable" source for @U2 in future, that's for sure!

Remember, remember, the 18th of November.

It's not atu2.com. It's just u2.com. The site that usually posts news a decade after it happens. If u2.com is putting it out, it's real.

^DOL I'll help bake
images

:wink:

That sucks! But to tell the truth, and I think most of you know I've not been around here TOO much, so I was REALLY surprised to hear it was supposed to be coming out this year.

You know what's weird...you have to go back to 1997 to find a U2 release that did not come out in October or November!!! And that was POP!

In fact, weird facts here, EVERY SINGLE U2 release has come out in October or November with the exceptions of Boy, War, Joshua Tree, Wide Awake in America, Zooropa and Pop! That's 9 out of 15...

Ok useless facts. Anyway, 2009 it is I guess. Someone wake me up when there's news or a leak...

(Goes back into a U2 slumber to spare self from awaiting anxiety)

I know what happened - they played those clips in Eze, than scanned Interference forum for feedback.
They saw that people went berserk, but still many said that it wasn't realy groundbreaking and revolutionary, so now Bono says that he was mistaken when he said that they have album wrapped.

So, basically I think this was our fault, and that they are postponing it because of interference :)

chrres

the article is written in a way as if to explain why not 2008, that's why "we" think it's delayed

It is? How so? I don't get that at all. Bono is simply making the point that they're staying in the studio for awhile longer.

As I said in a previous thread, the only way that they wouldn't release before xmas was because of a failure in recording or something personal. Nobody has mentioned his line about injuries and recoveries. Maybe one of them was out for a while?

Most likely the songs are mediocre. For them not to release pre-xmas is a big no-no - that's their basic marketing scheme. Xmas sales - tour - sustain sales all year long - Xmas sales again.

Something big happened - but who knows? Either that or maybe they are becoming too picky in their old age...Or, their egos are finally starting to surface and B wants more $$$ because he writes!!!!

I know what happened - they played those clips in Eze, than scanned Interference forum for feedback.
They saw that people went berserk, but still many said that it wasn't realy groundbreaking and revolutionary, so now Bono says that he was mistaken when he said that they have album wrapped.

So, basically I think this was our fault, and that they are postponing it because of interference :)

chrres

I've heard more far-fetched ideas......

u2 are absolutely doomed if this is true.

If they are coming on interference for the direction to take their next album / sound then they should hang it up right now. Just retire. I do not want an album that it is influenced by the opinions of this or any message board.

this is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. there is no way in hell they are looking to the opinions of the "experts" on this or any message board. if this were even remotely plausible (which it is absolutely not)- then why would they not leak some mp3's where you can acutally here what the songs sound like?

I don't believe a word of that either. Interference is not that important. They planned on releasing an album this year. Something happened. Who knows what. It could even be something totally unrelated to the music. Maybe it's totally a business decision. Maybe they just decided they didn't want to compete with all the year-end albums coming out and preferred to have a release all to themselves in early 2009. Who knows.

I'm assuming since noone can explain this, you're all guilty of fanboy overanalysis. Typical. Nothing is delayed.

What about Daniel Lanois saying the album was almost done only a few vocals to finish, that was two months ago. Sounds like they weren't happy with the finished results, it's starting to sound like HTDAAB all over again. Hopefully Bono is telling the truth and not bullshitting like he has done in the past. If on the other hand the album is as good as AB or better then the wait will be worth it, it's all very frustrating :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm highly disappointed, yet I feel it will pay off. I sense a double-album or possibly even two major releases. If they've hit a songwriting vein that is allowing them to write 50+ songs, then maybe we're going to get treated to a wealth of material (but probably not the bulk of it). Bono stated more than once that he wants '09 to be their year, and I'm sensing something more special than usual. I'm deeply saddened by the delay, yet I'm extremely excited about what this could mean for next year!!

given the state the record industry is in I doubt even U2 is counting on massive record sales

I'm highly disappointed, yet I feel it will pay off. I sense a double-album or possibly even two major releases. If they've hit a songwriting vein that is allowing them to write 50+ songs, then maybe we're going to get treated to a wealth of material (but probably not the bulk of it). Bono stated more than once that he wants '09 to be their year, and I'm sensing something more special than usual. I'm deeply saddened by the delay, yet I'm extremely excited about what this could mean for next year!!

"There's always next year." :| The mantra of the disappointed.

But you could be right. Maybe they will release an album in '09 and then another one shortly afterwards (like in 2010?) instead of waiting four years again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom