Official Cricket 12/13 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First session I give the points to England. Aus needed another wicket. Trott looking in dangerous touch and if Pietersen has a good series we're just about fucked.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha funniest thing you've ever said.

Well said.

Things about even now. Bell can go missing too, and then we get a look at Bairstow.

Yeah Vlad, that was hilarious

On paper this is the best tail Australia have ever had. In reality....

Agar should have been at 8 or 9, and that isn't just hindsight talking

Agar looks very comfortable out there. One loose miss, but that's a tailender. Averages 33 from 10 first-class games with three fifties. Great stuff. Sids, Starc and Pattinson can all bat too.

Gotta say much as I don't like Smith, he was one of our few good players with the bat in India.

Agar looks very comfortable out there. One loose miss, but that's a tailender. Averages 33 from 10 first-class games with three fifties. Great stuff. Sids, Starc and Pattinson can all bat too.

Gotta say much as I don't like Smith, he was one of our few good players with the bat in India.

Smith's unorthodoxy (and Hughes's) makes people think they can't bat. They both most definitely can. Without them this innings would look quite sad.

One of the best rearguards you'll ever see. Sensational.

Still, Sids, Pattinson, Starc, Lyon etc have all made 50s. This is awesome from Agar but he's gotta be able to back it up with the ball as well.

That not-out stumping call turns out to be a massive moment.

Anyone that thinks Test cricket isn't the best form of the game is kidding themselves. Feel privileged to be watching this.

That not-out stumping call turns out to be a massive moment.

Anyone that thinks Test cricket isn't the best form of the game is kidding themselves. Feel privileged to be watching this.

Absolutely.

The stumping was rightly given not out. Probably technically out, but no evidence to give it.

This is why cricket, and particularly test cricket, and particularly Ashes tests are the greatest sporting events in the world

I'm still pretty astounded at how much attention in the news Agar's knock received. I knew it was something significant, but still!

I'm still pretty astounded at how much attention in the news Agar's knock received. I knew it was something significant, but still!

Highest score ever by an 11? In the 2090th test ever? Highest last wicket partnership ever? After we had just last 5/9 in 6 overs? Yeah it is really that big. It is as big as Waugh's 100, or Warne's ball. It's one of the biggest cricketing moments in the last 50 or so years. Maybe 100.

I guess it takes a big cricket fan to really appreciate it, but surely 100 years is pushing it?

That may be a bit of an exaggeration indeed, but holy shit that Agar kid is something special and watching his knock was a really awesome experience. I want the Poms to win the series, but Agar's good enough to get me cheering for him - and, hell, maybe even Australia a little. After all, I did used to like the Aussie cricket team quite a lot. It's only in recent years I've found them a total pain.

I guess it takes a big cricket fan to really appreciate it, but surely 100 years is pushing it?

Last night watching it I got the sense it really was one of those "we'll be talking about this in 100 years" type things. Would be akin to a qualifier going on a giant-killing run to the semis of a major.

This whole "Broad should've walked" thing coming from Aussie cricket fans is pretty fucking rich given how many of them mercilessly mocked Gilly for walking.

^ Most of the abuse is coming from Poms saying that 'we walk, we're not Australians'.

I think there is also a difference between a thin edge that you are not 110% sure you hit the ball, and one you middle to first slip.

Still, I don't blame Broad. He looks like a moron for not walking, and will cop that the rest of his days, especially if England win in a tight one and the outcome rests on that event.

Aleem Dar should be disendorsed from the elite panel for that. I've played in grade games where an umpire got something less obvious wrong and teams have threatened to walk off the field.

It is different to Trott too. I don't understand the beat up there. The only 'evidence' to suggest he hit the ball was him saying so. The front on camera shows he hit his boot, and the ball went close to the bat. Nothing 100%. In fact I thought it looked like it missed the edge. Without hotspot, it is unfortunate, and that is the biggest issue - that it was unavailable for that ball only. Whingeing poms complaining to the ICC about something that was a 50-50 call. So much for the high-ground - Australia have far more right to complain about Dar and haven't as of yet.

Regardless of what happens today - I just hope it lives up to the quality of the first four.

With Haddin, Agar, Siddle, Starc and Pattinson, we have 5 guys fully capable of contributing their share here. It would be an almighty effort.

Back
Top Bottom