October 3 - Stadium Raleigh - NC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was NOOOOO way I could go to this show originally, but with a stroke of luck and a few good friends help, today at 6pm I found a GA ticket and a ride to the show in the AM from VA!!! Yay!!!:applaud: :up::dance::weekend::happydance:

See ya'll in the afternoon!!!

Melissa

I will ask the question everyone was thinking but did not ask

Yes or No

Did you or did you not wear The Plate on The Plane:ohmy:

I'm drunk. It's 11:30. Must get to bed. Decided to check the blue crack before bed. Landed at the airport. Parked the car. Used the special allen key to take the plate off. Put it in my carry on. Went through security. They didn't make mention of it at all.

I'll be there in full force around 2pm.

I'll be wearing the plate then.

Yahoo..

Raleigh is sweet....it's nice here. People are friendly......so drunk now...had an incredible night with other interferencers. Wow.

The paper had an article here saying it's been twenty odd years since U2 has played this city.

The stadium seems to be not as big as I thought it would be.

Futhermucker....this is gonna be epic.

There was NOOOOO way I could go to this show originally, but with a stroke of luck and a few good friends help, today at 6pm I found a GA ticket and a ride to the show in the AM from VA!!! Yay!!!:applaud: :up::dance::weekend::happydance:

See ya'll in the afternoon!!!

Melissa

Melissa we are leaving in the morning to from Waynesboro do you know any secret passage way to Raleigh:ohmy:

Where are you people parking? Does anyone local know if Gibbons will allow parking?

Yes this is my one concern I wish it was like last night w/ parking passes:up:

I am shooting for a 5p.m. at CFS time but then again we all have Seats so not under any pressure to get there to early :|

b/c of my endearing friendship w/ U2Fanatic4Ever (we go way back from back in the day ) I am gonna give MUSE another shot:applaud:

IUsed the special allen key to take the plate off. Put it in my carry on. Went through security. They didn't make mention of it at all.

I'll be there in full force around 2pm.

I'll be wearing the plate then.

Yahoo..

For some strange reason I am dying to get your AutoGraph:ohmy::ohmy:

Hey wait Ba Ba:hug: cast!!!!!

From experience of going to plenty of games at Carter-Finley and the RBC center, most traffic will come in on Edwards Mill Road, as both directions of Interstate 40 directly dump into there.

There is also a small turn-in ramp at the north side of the RBC center parking lot that is accessible only from the east-bound Wade Avenue that may or may not be open (I've seen it both ways).

I have usually had luck coming from the east direction, but your mileage may vary. They seem to change the parking/traffic directions a lot so there's no telling how it will look tomorrow night. There's some parking in the forest for the football games but I don't know if they'll allow that for tomorrow.

Good luck!

Good luck!

Hello HoDog:wave:

I am to Geographically Challenged to even understand your East & West post but can you tell me this if I have Seats in two sections can you tell me the better one's ?

Section 14 Row Q

Section 25 Row L

Also I will be driving from The Red Roof Inn NSU Convention Center six miles to CFS:huh:

Going to head to the GA line sometime after lunch. I'll have an extra ticket with me if anyone still needs a ticket. Feel free to PM me..I'll check it before I leave. Can't wait to see the show tonight! :)

Got home late last night from C'ville, we decided to take the BR Parkway for a nice leisurely drive before heading east to Raleigh. Super show, disappointed about Unknown Caller. Very excited about tonight's show! :hyper:

Now....do I bring the point and shoot I used in Toronto, or do I try my new Canon G10?

TM sent out their Raleigh notification via email this week, they took out the mention of still cameras. (edited comment - hit send before ready) I brought a Fuji S5100 to C'ville and will tonight, looks to be a bit bigger than the Canon, had no problem in C'ville. Should be good to go. :camera:

Every one have fun tonight at the concert:wave: and be safe. Hey Vincent how is Ba Ba and the rest of the kiddies:)? well i hope?

Leaving around 2-230!!!! I need this pick me up....this morning we had to put down our oldest cat Tigger :( Luckily everyone has plans tonight so we'll all be out of the house - U2 will surely take my mind off of it.

Every one have fun tonight at the concert:wave: and be safe. Hey Vincent how is Ba Ba and the rest of the kiddies:)? well i hope?

Hello Kat

Thanks

All four children thus far are doing fine

Indoor Pool/Hot Tub was their favorite place the past two days other than Scott Stadium:drool:

We leave Waynesboro @ 11a.m. for a four hour drive to Raleigh:ohmy:

When we get there I am planning on calling CFS to see if they will let me park somewhat close so Ba Ba:lol::hug: does not have to walk a long distance worse come to worse I can drop the four off at the front go park then meet up w/ them

Hello Kat

Thanks

All four children thus far are doing fine

Indoor Pool/Hot Tub was their favorite place the past two days other than Scott Stadium:drool:

We leave Waynesboro @ 11a.m. for a four hour drive to Raleigh:ohmy:

When we get there I am planning on calling CFS to see if they will let me park somewhat close so Ba Ba:lol::hug: does not have to walk a long distance worse come to worse I can drop the four off at the front go park then meet up w/ them

good glad to hear that:) i bet the pool/HT is their favorite place, it would be mine as well, yes thats a good idea, they should be able to find you somewhere close to park with Ba Ba in a cast, its a hard walk with a cast lugging anywhere. , hopefully they will finhd you nearby parking if you can get to the stadium early enough, handicapped parking is usually the first parking to fill up unfortuanately though.

Woo! Today's the day! My brother and I are heading to the GA line around noon, me wearing my ZooTV shirt (nevermind I was only 5 years old when it really happened) and him wearing his Muse tee. THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME!:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Leaving around 2-230!!!! I need this pick me up....this morning we had to put down our oldest cat Tigger :( Luckily everyone has plans tonight so we'll all be out of the house - U2 will surely take my mind off of it.

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat :sad:

It's TODAY!!!!! Jumping in the shower...gonna eat....meet the rest of the crew.....yippie!

Thanks Weinerdog it sucks.

But, counting down the hours now. I get to study for my test Monday morning the whole car ride down, and then I get to drive back right after. I will want to sleep all day tomorrow, jeesh.

Other than still slightly confused/hesitant about parking, I am ready to rock. I'm wearing my shirt that I got at tuesday's concert....Edge's finest guitar sounds :) :edge:

Most of the parking will be in the grass lots which are basically rows of concrete parking bars with numbers printed on them, which are used for parking passes during football and basketball games, won't have any meaning for today. There is also the paved parking near the RBC center.

Hello HoDog:wave:

I am to Geographically Challenged to even understand your East & West post but can you tell me this if I have Seats in two sections can you tell me the better one's ?

Section 14 Row Q

Section 25 Row L

Also I will be driving from The Red Roof Inn NSU Convention Center six miles to CFS:huh:

Sorry didn't reply until now. Hopefully you will be able to check this today.

Looks like both sets of seats are equal in distance. The only difference I can think of is Section 25 will have the Vaughn towers behind you whereas Section 14 will be open to the back. This won't affect the sun as the concert is late enough but the only thing I can think of is maybe the wind doing something? I guess that's a reach :).

The Section 25 seats are to the south of the RBC center and on the western side, closest to Trinity Road.

The Section 14 seats are closest to State Farm Road.

I'll actually be heading to C-F soon (30 minute drive) for will call but I'll be back online in a bit!

concert_map.jpg

sweeet I'm behind the stage....i like back, or sides...the front is so far away on that side of the stadium

Okay guys...what did we decide on bags? Because, like I said, I'm bringing my Rolling Stone Magazine tote bag with Bono on it. And I'm gonna have my wallet in it. There's no way I'd be walking around with just a purse for ppl to snag. Nehow I'm gonna have my camera in it and maybe a couple of other things. They wouldn't confiscate it would they?:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom