October 3 - Stadium Raleigh - NC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from Carter Finley stadium. All the pieces of the claw are laid out in an adjacent parking lot. There are 4 cranes set up inside the stadium. Currently they are taking pieces from the parking lot to the stadium by an underground tunnel. I got out and walked around a little bit. Security guards are by every open area. I asked if I could go in for a picture they said not suppose to let anyone in. He did tell me they started working last night, getting the floor put down. Now they are starting to bring in the larger pieces. Told me they should be finished by Thursday afternoon or Friday morning. Also said they are working on building pretty much 24 hrs straight.

It was so cool for me to see all the claw pieces up close. I took some pics from my phone

I will be going back tomorrow with a camera and taking some better pictures. I cannot wait, I leave for Charlottesville on Wednesday and then I get the Raleigh, hometown show!:hyper:

47324816c450.jpg

a2172154c98f.jpg

c83c65223e89.jpg

bdaaad4eee4c.jpg

144c6726c59a.jpg

47324816c450.jpg

77a88515b149.jpg

When does everyone think they will line up?? Last tour I got in line at like 6am for all my shows, but this time I think I'm going to wait wayyyyy later, it's just too tiring sitting there all day.

When does everyone think they will line up?? Last tour I got in line at like 6am for all my shows, but this time I think I'm going to wait wayyyyy later, it's just too tiring sitting there all day.

My wife isn't into lining up all day. At the Rogers Center in Toronto...I went hardcore and lined up at 5pm the day before the show. Yikes. The temperature really dropped overnight. Although I got front rail in between Edge and Bono, I turned around directly to the people behind me. They had numbers 233, 240. So in my opinion you don't have to be front row. You miss a lot of the visuals. I'm gonna line up at 3pm or so....and I'm going to hit the outer rail this time for a different perspective.

Yeah I was thinking somewhere in between 1 and 3pm. I am dying for the pit, just because on the vertigo tour I didn't get pit any of the 3 times I went. First tour I went to, I'm a late blooming U2 fan (didn't listen to them until I was a freshman in college and then vertigo came around my senior year). I just wanna get in that circle!:D

and I'm going to hit the outer rail this time for a different perspective.

:applaud: You will not be disappointed. I personally love outer rail much more than inner pit. But that's because I'm short. And I have a pretty good zoom camera :camera::D

The one time I went for outer rail was the only time I was able to see Larry's full frontal face. :love:
And The Edge and Adam stopped right in front of me during GOYB and Crazy.

My wife isn't into lining up all day. At the Rogers Center in Toronto...I went hardcore and lined up at 5pm the day before the show. Yikes. The temperature really dropped overnight. Although I got front rail in between Edge and Bono, I turned around directly to the people behind me. They had numbers 233, 240. So in my opinion you don't have to be front row. You miss a lot of the visuals. I'm gonna line up at 3pm or so....and I'm going to hit the outer rail this time for a different perspective.

5pm the day before? Wow, double yikes. How many people were there and when did more people start showing up? I'm coming down from Virginia for the Raleigh show and I'm debating what time to arrive. How many people were there around like 6am?

I land at RDU around 10:02 am so I'm heading straight for Carter. Is anyone trying to line up together? I've never done GA before so I'm not exactly sure how it all works. But, I do want to get a great spot inside! I'm so excited! This is my first "independent cross country" concert. So I AM a bit nervous haha...

BluRmGrl I'm to call you when I get to the stadium right? But, what time do you think you'll be there? I don't want to bug ya if your not even there yet. I would go to my hotel (Embassy Suite's anyone?) but check in's not till 3, so forget that!!

AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! IM SO PUMPED!!!!!!!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :hyper::applaud:... 'sigh' don't worry... I'm ok...

Classes this week are going to totally suck!! I'm not going to retain ANYTHING!!

You can always go to your hotel to check in, they'll give you your key but not necessarily your room, you can store luggage, backpack...

Its my 1st GA and we'll be with BluRmGirl....I hope to meet you!

5pm the day before? Wow, double yikes. How many people were there and when did more people start showing up? I'm coming down from Virginia for the Raleigh show and I'm debating what time to arrive. How many people were there around like 6am?

At midnight the day before the show there were 70 people. At 8am there were about 100 people. By 1pm I'd say there were 200 or so.

I am dying for the pit, just because on the vertigo tour I didn't get pit any of the 3 times I went. First tour I went to, I'm a late blooming U2 fan (didn't listen to them until I was a freshman in college and then vertigo came around my senior year). I just wanna get in that circle!:D
That's the beauty of the current stage - there are so many options to choose from. :yes: Mr. Blu & I were on the outer rail at Charlotte '05 for our first ever GAs & I'll never do anything else in GA unless they drastically change their stage setup. Outer rail on Edge's side FTW!! :rockon: :D

Brit - if you need me, just call when you leave RDU. We'll either be already hanging with the BAWs, just down the street from the venue, or we'll be within 20 minutes of the stadium & can meet you there. :up:

getting excited!!! I think I'll be lining up about mid morning or so. As long as I'm not at the back of the stadium I'll be ok lol. Can't wait to see U2 AND Muse. Love them both. I might drop by CF today after work just to see what's happenin and take some pics if possible.

Meeting the guys

Hey guys..

Noone has really answered my questions yet, so I'll post them a different way. If I want a chance to meet the guys as they head into the stadium does anyone know what time I need to be there and how I can find out what entrance they'll be going through? I have seats so I don't have to worry about missing my spot in the GA lineup. I've just always wanted to meet them.

4 DAYS!!!:applaud:

Hey guys..

Noone has really answered my questions yet, so I'll post them a different way. If I want a chance to meet the guys as they head into the stadium does anyone know what time I need to be there and how I can find out what entrance they'll be going through? I have seats so I don't have to worry about missing my spot in the GA lineup. I've just always wanted to meet them.

4 DAYS!!!:applaud:

I may want to try this too. The thing is, I don't know which gate they will be entering from. I'll just have to look when I get there. It's most definitely NOT the gate(s) used for GA entrance, because a zillion people will be there.

I heard from someone that whichever gate you see the big red trucks are, that's where the band will enter from.

But I don't know if they'll stop to do meet and greet at this venue. I don't know how they decide which ones to do m&g.

This is a huge guess, but I would bet they'll prepare in the field house, under the scoreboard. There's an access ramp for buses on the North Side of the Stadium. If you're outside of the stadium looking at the scoreboard, the road is to the right.

Thanks for the advice guys! I'll for the red trucks and the road. BTW I'll be by myself so if anyone wants to tag along to the meet & greet feel free to hit me up. Oh and I also have twitter.

geanbean83 (but of course :sexywink: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom