October 20, 2009 - University of Phoenix Stadium - Arizona

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it looked like he was sucking his thumb while he was on the girl's laps

-dan

it looked like he was sucking his thumb while he was on the girl's laps

-dan

Yes, he did that actually.

Weren't these girls pulled up before during a previous tour?

I seem to recall they were.

Somebody please clarify with factual info please.

<>

Yes, he did that actually.

Weren't these girls pulled up before during a previous tour?

I seem to recall they were.

Somebody please clarify with factual info please.

<>

my friend said the same thing...i think it was either the april or november 2001 shows (leaning towards april)

-dan

If the parents of the little girl who was pulled up during COBL are reading this, I did get photos of her but haven't uploaded them yet. Should have her photos up later tonight.

If it's the "three sisters" he has mentioned them in San Diego 2001, and at least one other show. Not sure if they are the same, or if they have been on stage.

We were in Norman on Sunday - our first 360 show and it was awesome - smooth line experience, GREAT outer ring spot, great crowd, around us at least. It's nice to get to know your GA neighbors - we had some great kids around us. Was the best U2 concert I've ever seen (I've been going to their concerts since 1987).

Last night in Phoenix was very different - the energy of the crowd ranged from blase to beligerent. Started when we got to the GA line - asked several people if it was indeed the GA line and about 5 folks gave smart ass answers or no answers at all - just blank stares - very untypical of ANY GA line I've ever been in which folks are generally quite community-oriented and friendly.

The cattle call entrance from outside onto the field was bizarre, but hey I guess they needed to do it that way.

And then to see the claw shoved into the endzone - and not providing the full 360 effect was kind of disappointing - I'm glad we got to experience it full on in Norman.

We got about 6 people away from the outer ramp, so we had a good spot, but then the drunks started to surface - and the jail bait children that shoved their little selves past us "looking for their parents". Not cool. When the Desmond Tutu speech came on, the yahoos behind us made derogatory, disrespectful comments.

Over all the vibe was just not typical of a U2 concert. Low energy and kind of negative.

It also seemed that visually, the claw screen was having some technical difficulties.

I thought that the guys interacted from the ramp much much more in Norman - they didn't a lot at the Phoenix show.

But I have never heard Bono's voice sound better - EVER - and musically it was great.

I'm happy I was at both - but they were very different.

What amazing pictures. I guess it did happen! Thank you soooo much.

2 of us have been on stage before at Madison Garden - was during With or Without You and he brought one of us up at a time and then brought Amp up. Bono has also changed the words in songs for us. So we aren't totally random people to bring up. Chrisedge - we are the same ones.

Completely amazing though. I never thought we would get up again. Wasn't even sure if Bono would know who we are as we haven't been to a concert yet this tour (well, I have been to London sitting on the back row but that hardly counts right???). What a perfect experience though. We had just wanted him to wave at us and say hi and we ended up with our ideal pull-up on stage - just getting to hang out with the band. That's basically what we did. So cool!

Would love any other pics/vid that is out there. And can't wait to see your vid Dan! Do you have any of Elevation? He recognized us at the very end and would like to see that as well... No rush though!

panogx.jpg

hpim8179.jpg

hpim8192.jpg

hpim8193.jpg

hpim8194i.jpg

hpim8195x.jpg

hpim8200.jpg

Believe it or not, the photos were taken with a P&S camera. The Canon G11 which just came out a couple weeks ago. It's low-light capabilities are amazing. I was surprised they were allowing in DSLR cameras with zoom lenses up to 8 inches. I left my Canon 40D at home yesterday thinking I wouldn't have been allowed to go in with it. I still ended up with some awesome photos even with the smaller camera.

A $500 P&S though :wink:. Those came out really well - I'd stick to that for future shows over the DSLR, unless you need longer reach than the 140mm it provides and want to bring in a longer zoom. I'd probably buy a G11, but don't go to enough shows to justify getting one. I was happy with my P&S results too- it seems as if the low-light performance on 2009 models in general is greatly improved.

justinpushplay....that panoramic pic is solid gold! :up::up::up:

-dan

I don't understand the concern over fans shooting video clips during the shows with small P&S digital cameras. Time and time again last night the security guys who were just inside the outer rail were shining their flashlights on people on the floor, ordering them to stop filming with their cameras. I can understand if they spot someone with a camcorder or one of the new DSLR's that shoot 1080p HD video, but small P&S digital cameras? The quality of the clips taken by the small digicams usually isn't that great, especially the audio. These clips being posted on YouTube isn't really going to affect future sales of the 360 tour dvd. Just my two cents..

I wonder what those sunglasses would fetch on ebay?

:hmm:

I'm finally home from Phoenix, what a great experience me and my friend Niki had one of the greatest time of our lives! SOre and tired we had a great time, we were in the pit back near the rail of the outer circle. I sadly got pushed by some jerk in my stomach cause he wanted to get to the rail where I was at when Bono was in front of us, it got bad enough that I thought the guy next to me was going to punch him cause he was being such a jerk, security didn't do anything about it, but I ended up moving for a bet in tears, I was like WTF man! than finally got pushed back there.

I have more to say, but I'm tired as heck right now.

I'm just glad I made it through GA, after almost having my arm riped off by someone pushing and shoving and yelling at me to get the F out of his way, I was like.:| Sercuity got him and my friend protected me the rest of the way, I was so nervous and scared I was shaking and crying. I was fine until everyone started pushing and what not.

The show it was AMAZING!!! The greatest show I have ever been. I have pics on my facebook and I may post some on here.

Would anyone mind sharing their pics with me some of mine didn't come out right. If you can it would be greatly appreciated. It was my first show and I would like some memories.

:hyper:thanx for the info so you were able to get into the inner circle with out a lottery system like the HTDAAB tour?:hyper:

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think I can describe my experience with this show but I"ll try and I'll preface it by saying that I was a little disappointed by my first 360 experience in Dallas and wondered if "my band" had lost their live touch - it was a little scary :lol:

LINE UP: The evening before, we found out they wouldn't allow any camping or groups of more than 5 ppl gathering. This was strictly enforced by the police who drove by the GA line up area every 5 minutes - literally. So they handed out numbers, told us to go back to our hotels and get some sleep and "see you at 6am, not earlier"

So my friends and I had numbers in the early 30's and still managed to get a decent night's sleep. Line up went well and numbers were honored in the morning.

I had such a great time meeting almost everyone on my "want to meet" list and some non-Interferencers too. The weather was perfect and we were in the shade most of the day.

GETTING IN: What a clusterf*ck.
a) The family who was behind us spend the last hour in line plotting to get in front of us. Despite our best efforts, on our way down to the field, they succeeded :madwife: we went in. Nice example to set for your kids, right?

b) The family in front of us allowing boyfriend of daughter in line in front of us TEN MINUTES before we went in!! WTF? Mom ( one of those SuperObsessedFans) said "Yeah the same thing happened to us in Chicago and it was shitty." SO THAT MAKES IT OKAY!??????!!!

c) I don't think security knew quite how "exuberant" U2 fans would be. So they stopped the first group of 150 or so after about 50 yards of running while they figured out Plan B. When Plan B still didn't stop the pushing and shoving they stopped us for about 20 minutes while they came up with Plan C. We got more and more nervous and more and more tense. FInally all of us in the front decided to make rows, link arms and walk slowly. SEcurity put up a rope in front of us. They stopped us at the entrance to the field, pulled away to the rope and I made the longest fricking run of my life. I grabbed what I swear was the last outer rail spot and lost my BF. (Found her 10 ppl down and we and the 10 ppl between us organized a switch :lol;) It seemed like EVERYONE in the first 60 ppl wanted outer rail center :shrug:

SECURITY; Great crew, very friendly and yet very professional. There were 3 fights and 3 or 4 fainters who had to be pulled out - :shrug: - and they handled each of these situations without raising panic or disturbing the show.

THE SHOW: OMFG!!!!!! A-FRICKING-MAZING doesn't even begin to describe it. (I think it helps that I came in with "low" expectations.) Bono's energy was soooooo high and he was really having fun. Spent a lot of time near us on the ramp. Edge didn't spend too much time making eye contact w/ audience but he really seemed to be rockin out and enjoying playing. And Larry... well you all know how I feel about Larry. :wink:

MY SIGN: Many of you know how badly I want to RUN! Bono saw my sign, smiled and laughed at me. I yelled at him "C'mon!!! You know you want to!!!!!!!" He smiled again and left. I know it's dumb but that made my night.

SUMMARY: Amazing show, met amazing people, love this band as much if not more than ever.

Will post pics later tonight.
:up: :hyper: :dance: :applaud:

hi everyone, great meeting those of you who I met:wave::wave: And those people I have not seen in a long time:wave: and my faithful twitter followers:D review and pics coming after I get back home after vegas

Back
Top Bottom