Oct. 20 - University of Phoenix Stadium - Arizona

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
YIKES! That sounds like more responsibility than I want but notebook and pen are among my GA line acoutrements.

And if a stadium says "6am, no exceptions" are there people who hover across the street or something at, like 5am? I'm thinking there are fans crazier than I am who would do that.

"You're hoping that there are...."

its a task...in Raleigh, the first guy ran it to 130 peeps and then gave it up...a lot of people moved in but remained orderly, then others joined others and then after a near 2 hours break, another guy started issuing numbers...I was there at 10:30 and was #270 but honestly, if the number system had gone without interruption, I was probably more like 175...good luck with that.

there will be people camping out. the security will change their rules. so if you are coming at 5:45, you have nothing to wrry about

i've been in the stadium for 3 days and security hasn't given me any lip

-dan

I've seen GA lines from a distance, and there is no doubt, in my mind that if security kept the GA line no more than 8' wide and serpentine, the crowd will remain in control...last weekend, I witnessed a line that was nearly 25' wide, people come and going, too much movement and security did not make their presence known until soundcheck, which was near 3:30 pm...the key to control is that smaller 8' lane (Iris's Atlanta pictures show this). I hope PHX gets it right.

What has been the camera policy so far? I know it varies from venue to venue. Hopefully someone knows how this stadium will handle things.

Video recorders are prohibited entirely, and as far as cameras, as long as your lens is less than 3", you're in the clear.

Video recorders are prohibited entirely, and as far as cameras, as long as your lens is less than 3", you're in the clear.

I hope they stick to this. I have a Canon S5 IS which, while it's a little bit nicer than some of its point-and-shoot relatives, most certainly is NOT a professional camera. Yet I have already had it turned away from one concert this summer. I am more than a bit worried about lining up nice and early for U2, only to be turned away from the doors at the last minute. :huh:

I should note (and probably should have earlier), that the camera policy I mentioned is the one for the stadium, not necessarily U2's. I'd post a link to it, but it's a stupid PDF file.

I should note (and probably should have earlier), that the camera policy I mentioned is the one for the stadium, not necessarily U2's. I'd post a link to it, but it's a stupid PDF file.

I know it's largely a venue thing, but it also seems to depend on how grouchy and/or uninformed the particular security guard checking your bags happens to be that night. I had one lady declare my camera to be a professional camera (it's NOT) that would require a press pass simply because it wasn't one of the new ultra-thin point-and-shoot cameras that everyone else has nowadays, but other people at the same venue who went through different security people were allowed to bring in much nicer cameras than my own.

I'm just overly paranoid, I know. But everything else about this concert has gone wrong for me, so I'm preparing for the worst. (But still hoping for the best!)

10 DAYS!!!!!
broc.gif

Oh yeah- yay for post #400!!!!

Wow... just 9 days left.

What's bad is that my insomnia has come back and if it doesn't go soon, I'm gonna be REAL tired day of the show... :sad:

Ugh. I'm having insomnia issues myself, so I can sympathize. (What's worse is that I work swing shifts and night shifts and 6am is supposed to be my bedtime. I don't know how I will survive the day of the show.)

I went to see U23D twice this weekend! Now I'm really ready for the show!! I was so excited to be able to see it again.
Haven't been on here in a couple days. I was surprised to see parking at $20! Thats crazy! I wonder if I could just leave my car in the hotel parking lot.
Question about the GA line. Can we bring a chair. I don't mind sitting on the ground but if a chair is allowed it would be a hell of a lot more comfortable. If I can't take it back to the car I don't care. One of the facility security can have it.
Many days ago some of you posted pics of yourselves so we can recognize each other. I finally set up a Photobucket acct. So here is the link to my pic. See you all soon!!:wave:
http://i956.photobucket.com/albums/ae41/achtungbaby23/Amyedit.jpg

I'm really having a hard time deciding where I want to be.:hmm: At the stage or outer rail. I wish I were going to multiple shows so I could do both!!

The stadium is walking distance from the Hampton correct?

Also can someone give a confirm time and place for the gathering. I say McFaddens, or somewhere in westgate, since it'll be easier for most us that are staying at the hampton, and don't have transportion, etc.

Sorry I haven't been around, been busy busy with work, school, and packing for Phoenix.

The stadium is walking distance from the Hampton correct?

Also can someone give a confirm time and place for the gathering. I say McFaddens, or somewhere in westgate, since it'll be easier for most us that are staying at the hampton, and don't have transportion, etc.

Sorry I haven't been around, been busy busy with work, school, and packing for Phoenix.

It's less than a mile from the Hampton to the stadium, and I think the meeting place/time is still up in the air?

Ok so it could be walked? Cause I know me and my friend wouldn't be able to afford transportion to the stadium and back. When I checked on mapquest it said 5mins away from stadium walking distance.

I was asking about the time and place for the gathering because a couple other people were wondering as well and since I'm packing and getting everything together now, I really need to know a place and time ASAP before sunday,since I live that monday before the show in the morning.

i read the 10day forecast on msn.com and it might rain on the 19th and 20th. Is there anywhere along the stadium that would be shielding for us in the GA queue? or will I have to alter my outfit :angry:

I'll be there, can not wait..9 more days!!! who's bringing the music for the GA line? I'm happy to if no one had planned on it, and nice 6 hour U2 mix before we all go inside, sound good? lol :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom