Obama, Fukui, Japan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm logging on now. Whoever makes the room, make it a private one.

Looking bad. :sigh:

63% in, 53.4% Yes to 47.6% No.

Fuuuuuuuuuck.

I expected it to be close, but I thought No would come out on top. Not sure what precincts have reported, though. I mean, if there are still a stack of San Francisco votes to come, maybe that will change the game?

Live in hope. Live in hope. Live in hope. Live in hope. Live in hope. Live in hope. Live in hope.

... :sigh:

Yeah, I haven't entirely lost faith, but it's really not what I was expecting. Particularly from California, of all states. Maybe I don't know it as well as I thought I did.

You'd expect so much better from the state home to San Francisco.

Probably not much. I've been feeling kind of sick all day so I'm thinking of having an early night. It's really only the election hype that's kept me out of bed.

Yeah, I dig. I couldn't think of anything else this morning, which is why I left early. But it means that I've had hardly any lessons in the past fortnight. So I'm drifting pretty far away from Tafe, which sucks.

I'm desperately hoping I'm not getting ill, because the semester's so close to being done and I just want to finish uni, not have it drag out. If I get too sick, marks will have to be postponed and shit, and that will not be good. Hopefully I'll get a good sleep tonight, but my sinuses are fucking killing me.

As it is, I can't wait for 2.5 weeks' time, just so I can kick back for a little bit.

Yeah. I just wrote an LJ entry, now I'll shower and then sit around for a bit before having an early night. Might make that orange juice another glass of wine, though.

Shame nobody else seems to be around. I don't think I'm exactly much company right now. Maybe I will be once I get some wine into me. But shower first. Back in a bit.

I'm still here, sorry.

Read your journal - very good, feel the same way, etc. One problem is that you accidentally screwed a few words around in the second to last paragraph. No biggie though, I could tell what you were saying.

Back. That shower was nice and refreshing. Time for some more wine.

I'm still here, sorry.

Read your journal - very good, feel the same way, etc. One problem is that you accidentally screwed a few words around in the second to last paragraph. No biggie though, I could tell what you were saying.

Thanks. And I'm so glad you pointed out that error - just fixed it. I have this habit of clicking around on text, highlighting it and whatnot, and sometimes that accidentally transfers it to weird places when I do it in a text box.

Used to think I was the only person who did that, but turned out Kate does it even more intensely than I do.

Who is that guy in your icons that Serena is/was obsessed with, anyway?

You will be SHOCKED to learn it's Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree.

Back. That shower was nice and refreshing. Time for some more wine.

Thanks. And I'm so glad you pointed out that error - just fixed it. I have this habit of clicking around on text, highlighting it and whatnot, and sometimes that accidentally transfers it to weird places when I do it in a text box.

Used to think I was the only person who did that, but turned out Kate does it even more intensely than I do.

You will be SHOCKED to learn it's Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree.

Ah, a shower before bed wouldn't be too bad right now, actually. It's getting to summer, two a day isn't a bad idea. I'd have a bath if ours wasn't so dirty. :uhoh:

Heh, no worries. You know something? I do that too! Not all the time, but still on a high enough frequency. So you have nothing to worry about.

Yeah, that doesn't surprise me at all. :lol: I think I have a grudge against him because he replaced Serena's Inthistowntastic avatar back when. :wink: Also, I thought it was my aunt at first.

Why didn't I shower earlier? Now I feel like getting on the wine and getting tipsy and partying all fucking night.

OBAMA WON.

Ah, a shower before bed wouldn't be too bad right now, actually. It's getting to summer, two a day isn't a bad idea. I'd have a bath if ours wasn't so dirty. :uhoh:

Heh, no worries. You know something? I do that too! Not all the time, but still on a high enough frequency. So you have nothing to worry about.

Yeah, that doesn't surprise me at all. :lol: I think I have a grudge against him because he replaced Serena's Inthistowntastic avatar back when. :wink: Also, I thought it was my aunt at first.

I have one of those shower-bath hybrid things. I don't like them in the first place, and this one is horrid. I'd never bathe in it. But it's tolerable for showers, except for the whole lack of decent hot water thing I've bitched about for the entire time I've lived here. Luckily we've mostly dodged horrific summer temperatures so far, but I load the Bureau of Meteorology's website with some trepidation!

I have no idea why I do it. It's not like it helps (or detracts from) the reading process. Just a weird force of habit.

Haha! Though I suppose it's fair to say Serena's an avatar whore who can't stick with a single one for any reasonable length of time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom