Now playing... Blame it on the love of Rock & Roll part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realised I messed up the lyrics of that song :isdissapointedinhimself: .

It the echo goes (Cactus Head, Bullet Brain & Cactus Head). That album is my least favourite Enz/Neil/House album. :reject:

Still Message & Devil are great songs. The rest of it :huh: ... Bon Voyage.

timothius said:
I just realised I messed up the lyrics of that song :isdissapointedinhimself: .

It the echo goes (Cactus Head, Bullet Brain & Cactus Head). That album is my least favourite Enz/Neil/House album. :reject:

Still Message & Devil are great songs. The rest of it :huh: ... Bon Voyage.

Oh, really? Meh, I personally don't mind it overall, but hey...:shrug:. Your opinion, after all :).

Got a covers CD mix playing now..."How Soon Is Now?"-Neil's version :).

Angela

timothius said:
Split Enz - No Mischief :lol:

People shouldn't write songs, mix tracks & release albums all whilst under the influence. :no:

Yikes! The Church wouldn't have a single song if they took your advice! :ohmy:

The Church -- Reptile (live)

The Church -- Under The Milky Way (live -- Milwaukee 3/13/04 :) )

The Church -- Tantalised (live -- Milwaukee 3/13/04)

Marty was having a hissy fit all night and walked out midway through this song. Little fucker. :mad: But the others finished it off and did one more song without him (quite nicely too) to finish up. But no Cantilever that night which pissed me off. :madspit: However... I did get to chat with Steve for about 45 minutes after the show, so I think that made up for Marty's pissy behaviour. :D

The Church -- Maya (live 3/13/04)

they had the cellist from Sea Ray (the excellent opening band) play with them on this song -- kinda makes me sad to hear it now though as Sea Ray called it quits early this year. I'm glad I got to see them live several times, but I always thought I would get to see them more and now that is not to be.

U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (with daughter trying to learn the guitar and playing along
Musique11.gif

timothius said:
Split Enz - No Mischief :lol:

People shouldn't write songs, mix tracks & release albums all whilst under the influence. :no:

:laugh:...ah, so that is what's behind the oddness of some of the songs on there, then, I take it?

indra said:
The Church -- Tantalised (live -- Milwaukee 3/13/04)

Marty was having a hissy fit all night and walked out midway through this song. Little fucker. :mad: But the others finished it off and did one more song without him (quite nicely too) to finish up. But no Cantilever that night which pissed me off. :madspit:

LOL, aw, that's a shame. What was his problem, exactly?

U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (with daughter trying to learn the guitar and playing along
Musique11.gif

That is so :cute:.

I've got the new wave channel on, and that very U2 song is playing right now.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

LOL, aw, that's a shame. What was his problem, exactly?

"Technical difficulties." :| Equipment and sound problems. (Actually a lot of people were asking what his problem was....I think most of the problem was in his head.) In my review of the show at the Church board I said he should learn to fake it -- that he probably had women fake it all the time with him." :mad: :D

Ah, so it all turned out well, then-that's good :).

It did. It did indeed. :D

indra said:
"Technical difficulties." :| Equipment and sound problems.

Ah.

Originally posted by indra
In my review of the show at the Church board I said he should learn to fake it -- that he probably had women fake it all the time with him." :mad: :D

:laugh:...ooh, zing!

I take it the guy isn't your favorite band member, then? :p.

It did. It did indeed. :D

:up: :). Awesome.

Got the adult alternative channel on now..."Rosalita" by Bruce Springsteen is what's playing now.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

:laugh:...ooh, zing!

I take it the guy isn't your favorite band member, then? :p.

:Angela

Well, SK's my favourite, by quite a bit. :) I don't dislike any of them at all, but Marty allowing the problems that are pretty much inevitable for a band on their budget to rattle him that badly all night long... Well...he should be able to tough it out by now. So I was a bit irritated at him for that night. Occasionally they need a bit of a bitch slap. :yes: Considering I often call SK a cranky old bastard, it wasn't that bad.... :wink:

I had a great time at the show, and the bootleg is one of my very favourites as it has some really hilarious banter -- for instance, the story of the girl in Columbus, OH who handed Steve her glass eye. :ohmy: But it was my third show in as many days and I still had two shows to go. If it had been my only show I'd not have been such a happy camper.

BTW, Marty had a great show the next night and afterwards was sucking up the attention and turning on his very considerable charm. :wink: And it's really hard to stay mad at someone that pretty..... :)

Last edited:
indra said:
Well, SK's my favourite, by quite a bit. :) I don't dislike any of them at all, but Marty allowing the problems that are pretty much inevitable for a band on their budget to rattle him that badly all night long... Well...he should be able to tough it out by now. So I was a bit irritated at him for that night. Occasionally they need a bit of a bitch slap. :yes: Considering I often call SK a cranky old bastard, it wasn't that bad.... :wink:

Hehe, I see :).

Heh, most of the artists I like generally refrain from that kind of behavior (at least, onstage, anyway), so I don't really get much of a chance to say anything like that about 'em :p.

I had a great time at the show, and the bootleg is one of my very favorites as it has some really hilarious banter -- for instance, the story of the girl in Columbus, OH who handed Steve her glass eye. :ohmy:

:huh: :eyebrow:...glass eye?

I love hearing stories of funny banter between songs-there's some live shows I've heard from some of my favorite artists where that happens, too :D. It just makes the show that much more enjoyable.

But it was my third show in as many days and I still had two shows to go. If it had been my only show I'd not have been such a happy camper.

LOL, well, thank goodness it wasn't.

BTW, Marty had a great show the next night and afterwards was sucking up the attention and turning on his very considerable charm. :wink:

More well-behaved...always a good thing.

Listening to "Ageless Beauty" by Stars right now, by the way...or at least, I was, as it's just ended. Now "South Central Rain" by R.E.M. is on.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

:laugh:...ah, so that is what's behind the oddness of some of the songs on there, then, I take it?

I don't really think so. Neil was about to become a father while that record was being made - so I think he was probably laying off it. Although it would explain a few things. From what I understand the most "influenced" albums are Mental Notes, Waiata, Crowded House & Together Alone.

Roll With It - Oasis

timothius said:
I don't really think so. Neil was about to become a father while that record was being made - so I think he was probably laying off it.

Very true.

Originally posted by timothius
Although it would explain a few things. From what I understand the most "influenced" albums are Mental Notes, Waiata, Crowded House & Together Alone.

LOL. Yeah, I've heard some strange stories in particular from around the time of Together Alone...:p.

Listening to Crowded House still..."Dr. Livingstone" right now.

This is one of my favorites off this CD :). I like this song a lot.

Angela

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom