November 8 - Oakland Arena, Oakland CA.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LiLJennie

The Fly
Nov. 8, Oakland Arena in Oakland, CA

note: sorry if this thread was created already, I couldn't find it.

Anyone have tickets? I would like to hook up with some fans there.

There are plenty of tickets available for Nov.8 &9! Tickets.com is selling them, not ticketmaster. (GA's are sold out unfortunately)

So who is with me?! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, so wish I had the money right now. I'm flat broke........guess, I'll wait until the fall. If any of you have extra tix (GAs, $95 seats (not behind the band) or $45 seats (any)), I'll be around and will more than likely buy one off of you a few months from now, so just e-mail me if anything happens in the near future and such......

rowdyharmon@yahoo.com

I'll be there - finally got GAs for both shows (seats for SJ). We should tailgate before the shows! I'll bring my canopy and BBQ.

Yes, lets do a tailgate for sure...I unfortunately will be using BART for this show because it is during the week and driving from the penninsula at that time of day will be brutal...but anything you need, just ask...I also have GA's for both shows...

Are they going to have numbered wristbands for Oakland so we can get ours and then go to tailgate? I can't imagine it being as organized as San Jose but one can always hope!

I have been to a lot of the Raider games there but never been inside for any events until last night when we saw the Foo Fighters...the floor entrance was on the south side in parking lot C...I don't think there would be any reason that they would use any other enterance but if SMG which is the parking company has anything to do with it, then everything will be screwed up...I will most likely will still be BARTing it...so let me know also what the plans might be for a tailgate type party if we are still planning one...

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Is there no love for the Oakland shows? C'mon let's plan it's getting closer and closer.

:hyper: :hyper:

LOVE LOVE LOVE
:heart: :heart: :heart:

I'll be present on the 8th.
No GA though, but a 1st row seat.
Which I might actually give up, if I get my hands on a GA ticket.
Although I'm not entirely sure whether I should do that or not.
Wanna go on the 9th too.
But that's probably going to be a extreme last minute purchase.
Because of my work (calling in sick or taking a day off, just ain't possible) and depending on traffic, I will probably not be able to get to the Arena earlier than 7.15/7.30 PM on the 8th.
On the 9th it will even be later than that.
If anyone still has energy left for meeting up after the show.
I'd be game for that.

Oh Lord! Let's hope SMG isn't in charge of parking. They have been screwing us for years at Raider games.

Anyway, I'm still up for tailgating if folks want to. We will be going to Oakland #1 and #2 waiting in GA line. Hopefully they will give us numbers so we can leave the line and actually tailgate.

What time are GA people showing up?

Woohoo!!
I found myself some GA tickets for the 9th.
But I can't line up though.
I'll be hurry-ing over as quick as I can after my work ends (6 PM).
Really no clue at what time I should be able to arrive at the Arena.
All depends on traffic.
I'm sure some mad driving will be involved though.

Last edited:
Only a few more days!!

:hyper: :hyper:

I can't believe it's finally here.
I had planned to do some preparing for the shows today.
I have all these great idea's in my head for signs and stuff like that.
But I'm not sure if I'll follow through with them.
Don't wanna look stupid.
And I'm already getting nervous at the thought of holding up a sign or anything else.
I'm such a scared CHICKEN!
I knew this was going to happen.
I have a pretty BIG mouth.
But when push comes to shove, I get extremely shy.
:reject:
Things were looking good in the morning.
I was up early.
Of to a great start.
But around 9/10 AM ish, I wasn't feeling too well anymore.
Cold shivers and all that.
I so don't wanna get sick.
So I returned to bed.
Glad I did.
'Cause I'm already feeling better.

Oakland wristband time/L.B ?

Hi there, first post, but long time lurker..message board shy, I guess~!

I actually met you Sicy in SJ in April on nite 2 waiting for Bono to come out, never did..I had printed out your fab pix..I'm the crazy pink-haired (dyed for fun) girl...stood next to you to your left. Anyway..

Anyway, to all: Wondering what time might the wristbands be given out? also, where do I go to post to look for/sign-up as a line-buddy? I want to get there early and "camp" as I have the day off and hubby too so we can be line buddies, bettering are "all so important" bomb shelter chances..

Thanks to any who respond!

Bonomel

is any Oakland show attendee willing to text message or help stream the show for the setlist party-ers? If so, please PM me or email, or post in the Stream thread in General Discussions. Miri - I will turn my yahoo messenger on for you in case you are lurking :wink:

Back
Top Bottom