NFL Thread III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy cheap point entirely inflated by what happened tonight, Field. Russell Wilson just went 20-40 on 161 yards with 2INTs. Have they been great? Yes. Did post surgery first game Russell Wilson struggle tonight? Mightily.

Stats are cheap points?

Holy cheap point entirely inflated by what happened tonight, Field. Russell Wilson just went 20-40 on 161 yards with 2INTs. Have they been great? Yes. Did post surgery first game Russell Wilson struggle tonight? Mightily.

And both Murray and Mahomeboy played them with injuries too.

Plus lets not overlook the raging blizzard in GB today.
Anyone watching the Packers this season can tell they've improved exponentially over the last few years. This might be the best defense I've ever seen them field, and they're absolutely the only reason the Packers only have two losses.

I have no idea what the stats and asterisks might indicate when comparing between teams, but any suggestions that it's a fluke are laughable to me.

Stats are cheap points?

Some stats are and some stats aren’t?

Mahommes was 20-37 166 1-0… the same struggling Patrick Mahommes who hadn’t had a positive TD-INT ratio in 5 weeks.
Murray was 22-33 247 0-2… in a game where his ground game put 3 TDs from short, and one of those INTs came in desperation after the injury that’s kept him out for two weeks.

Murray hardly even had a bad game. Statistics don’t tell the whole story for that one, and citing the Packers as the cause of Mahommes playing poorly is also not telling the whole story.

Look, don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying they haven’t played great defense in those games or overall. It’s just lame to try and claim it’s the Packers who are responsible for poor performance by three QBs who either didn’t actually perform poorly or were already performing poorly prior to the Packers game.

Some stats are and some stats aren’t?

Mahommes was 20-37 166 1-0… the same struggling Patrick Mahommes who hadn’t had a positive TD-INT ratio in 5 weeks.
Murray was 22-33 247 0-2… in a game where his ground game put 3 TDs from short, and one of those INTs came in desperation after the injury that’s kept him out for two weeks.

Murray hardly even had a bad game. Statistics don’t tell the whole story for that one, and citing the Packers as the cause of Mahommes playing poorly is also not telling the whole story.

Look, don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying they haven’t played great defense in those games or overall. It’s just lame to try and claim it’s the Packers who are responsible for poor performance by three QBs who either didn’t actually perform poorly or were already performing poorly prior to the Packers game.

I think you’re looking way too much into it. He could have just tweeted that the Packers defense is 3rd in the league, but close to share some stats that support it. Most likely, a defense ranked 15th in the league wouldn’t have held those 3 QB’s to those stats.

I think you’re looking way too much into it. He could have just tweeted that the Packers defense is 3rd in the league, but close to share some stats that support it. Most likely, a defense ranked 15th in the league wouldn’t have held those 3 QB’s to those stats.

I mean come on man, you’re basically laying up the ball for me to spike right now with that last sentence. Mahommes put up the same struggles against the #15 Titans, #18 Giants, and the #28 WFT in the three weeks prior.

Yes, he should’ve just said the Packers defense is 3rd, and they should be applauded for it.

I mean come on man, you’re basically laying up the ball for me to spike right now with that last sentence. Mahommes put up the same struggles against the #15 Titans, #18 Giants, and the #28 WFT in the three weeks prior.

Yes, he should’ve just said the Packers defense is 3rd, and they should be applauded for it.

How did Mahomes do yesterday?

Oh and how was Kyler Murray doing in his previous starts before playing the Packers?

The ball you spiked was flat and never bounced back up.

How did Mahomes do yesterday?

Oh and how was Kyler Murray doing in his previous starts before playing the Packers?

The ball you spiked was flat and never bounced back up.

So in six weeks Mahommes finally performed like his old self against a team that’s easily more deflated and incapable of having anything to smile about given the state of disarray in their locker room.

You’re still bringing up Murray, who led his team downfield for three scores on Green Bay, and coughed the ball up playing injured in the dying seconds of the game. Why you keep bringing this up, I do not know.

I forgot that choosing to ignore points in an argument was a method one could take.

On another note, it’s nice to see Bill B. saying good things about Cam Newton to the press. I respect that he has the ability to put aside the poor performance of his QB and team and speak well of good people.

So in six weeks Mahommes finally performed like his old self against a team that’s easily more deflated and incapable of having anything to smile about given the state of disarray in their locker room.

You’re still bringing up Murray, who led his team downfield for three scores on Green Bay, and coughed the ball up playing injured in the dying seconds of the game. Why you keep bringing this up, I do not know.

I forgot that choosing to ignore points in an argument was a method one could take.

It's not an argument though. The Packers D is #3 overall. The tweet I shared had statistics that further support that the Packers D is #3 overall. It's really that simple and there's no need to dig into it further or look for that "Gotcha" argument.

It's not an argument though. The Packers D is #3 overall. The tweet I shared had statistics that further support that the Packers D is #3 overall. It's really that simple and there's no need to dig into it further or look for that "Gotcha" argument.

The Packers D is #3 in the league. Nobody is arguing that. The statistics you shared do not “support” that claim. It’s not an opinion that they’re #3 in the league. It’s a fact.

The statistics you shared are a cheap attempt at suggesting the Packers are giant slayers and have suppressed otherwise highly performing QBs. You’re hell bent on this “it’s simple statistics” thing. I don’t care who bats above .300 with RISP on a midsummer Tuesday where the temperature is below 80 degrees. It’s an unnecessary claim that lacks nuance for “why” the numbers are what they are.

The Packers D is #3 in the league. Nobody is arguing that. The statistics you shared do not “support” that claim. It’s not an opinion that they’re #3 in the league. It’s a fact.

The statistics you shared are a cheap attempt at suggesting the Packers are giant slayers and have suppressed otherwise highly performing QBs. You’re hell bent on this “it’s simple statistics” thing. I don’t care who bats above .300 with RISP on a midsummer Tuesday where the temperature is below 80 degrees. It’s an unnecessary claim that lacks nuance for “why” the numbers are what they are.

The @Packers defense faced Kyler Murray, Patrick Mahomes and Russell Wilson over the past three weeks.

Their *combined* stats: 62-of-110 (56.3%), 601 yards, 1 total TD, 4 INT.

That's championship level play.

Holding opposing QB's to 601 yards, 1 TD, and 4 INT's during a 3 week span is championship level play. Having the #3 ranked defense is also an ingredient for a potential championship. It's really that simple, lol.

The @Packers defense faced Kyler Murray, Patrick Mahomes and Russell Wilson over the past three weeks.

Holding opposing QB's to 601 yards, 1 TD, and 4 INT's during a 3 week span is championship level play. Having the #3 ranked defense is also an ingredient for a potential championship. It's really that simple, lol.

You know there's absolutely nothing you can say that's going to change the discourse in this conversation. It's not worth it, man.

I really think we’re beating this to death here. If you can’t see that the tweet clearly calls out those quarterbacks by name, that’s fine. If you don’t think that tweet is unnecessarily lumping Kyler Murray in with two clearly worse performances, that’s fine too. If you think the Packers are why Mahommes and Wilson were so off, great. Think whatever you want.

You know there's absolutely nothing you can say that's going to change the discourse in this conversation. It's not worth it, man.

God damn do you just exist here to put me down? Like holy shit, year after year, always in the background doing shit like this. Fucking toxic.

I really think we’re beating this to death here. If you can’t see that the tweet clearly calls out those quarterbacks by name, that’s fine. If you don’t think that tweet is unnecessarily lumping Kyler Murray in with two clearly worse performances, that’s fine too. If you think the Packers are why Mahommes and Wilson were so off, great. Think whatever you want.

Your whole argument doesn't make sense. You're acknowledging that the Packers have a really good defense, but then arguing that they had no impact on why Mahomes, Murray, and Wilson were so bad. This isn't Madden. In real life, great defenses affect even the best QB's.

I could get into the X's and O's, and call out the fact that the Packers are constantly creating internal pressure, which is death for QB's, especially mobile ones, or how Campbell is the top rated ILB in the league by PFF, or how the secondary is playing lights out even without the top 3 CB in the league, but nah...not worth it.

Last edited:
Can’t respond just yet, still waiting for my tribesperson to come in and paint your character as that guy who just isn’t worth responding to because we don’t like him so I can have a laugh at how beneath me you are.

Can’t respond just yet, still waiting for my tribesperson to come in and paint your character as that guy who just isn’t worth responding to because we don’t like him so I can have a laugh at how beneath me you are.
Would you honestly say that you've ever once changed your opinion when it comes to stats when someone comes in with an argument about intangibles? If so, I'd like to see it. Otherwise, no, I don't think it's worth engaging with you on discussions like this when you dig your heels in.

I really didn't think my sharing of that tweet would become such a huge issue. Damn I'm so controversial!

Would you honestly say that you've ever once changed your opinion when it comes to stats when someone comes in with an argument about intangibles? If so, I'd like to see it. Otherwise, no, I don't think it's worth engaging with you on discussions like this when you dig your heels in.

Do you think you’ve added anything helpful, constructive, worthwhile, appreciated, or useful to this conversation? You do realize it’s okay to have discourse and let it play out naturally, right? Like, my last comment as you came in to stir the pot was me backing off of this conversation because it was tiring.

If you don’t think it’s worth engaging, good for you. Stick to that and keep your troll-bully smug bullshit out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom