NFL Thread III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today (especially but not exclusively that GB/CIN game) set placekicking back decades.
Ridiculous amount of missed kicks.

Also, in what has to be a first, I had 2 games on here locally in the 1PM slot (Pats/HOU and GB/CIN) that I was flipping between in the 4th quarter that were both tied 22-22.
No way that's ever happened before.

I mean the uber unique thing about 22-22 is that almost certainly means you either made a lot of field goals or you missed PATs to get to 22.
Either of those statements is funny when considering how many late field goals were missed.

So when is ESPN gonna sign Gruden?

never?

this whole thing is a little absurd.

not the Gruden getting fired, thing. fuck him.

what's absurd, though, is how the NFL is hiding the rest of the emails. these emails leaked as part of the Daniel Snyder investigation. What - you can release Gruden's because he called Goodell a pussy but you can't leak anything from your billionaire owner? There are 650,000 emails involved here. Why only Gruden's?

Fuck Gruden - and i hope he never gets another job - but let's see what else is in there.

it's darkly hilarious that tampa is already scrambling to take gruden's name off of the stadium ring of honor, while in buffalo "32 O.J. SIMPSON" is still displayed above the south end zone.

Just remove Dan Snyder's ownership rights already for the love of God

We could go 0-17 and I wouldn't care as long as someone else owned the team by the end of the season

can someone please notify the eagles coaching staff that running playaction doesn't work if the defense knows you're never going to hand the ball off?

Last edited:
never?

this whole thing is a little absurd.

not the Gruden getting fired, thing. fuck him.

what's absurd, though, is how the NFL is hiding the rest of the emails. these emails leaked as part of the Daniel Snyder investigation. What - you can release Gruden's because he called Goodell a pussy but you can't leak anything from your billionaire owner? There are 650,000 emails involved here. Why only Gruden's?

Fuck Gruden - and i hope he never gets another job - but let's see what else is in there.

He called the commish a f----t. That's worse than pussy. This situation is
absurd. But, every season for as long as I can recall, the NFL or its owners have had various PR nightmares.

Woooooow that's low. I see the follow-up tweet where WFT is claiming this was planned for weeks. I'm gonna need some receipts.

oh sure sure sure sure. a team that struggles to sell tickets TOTALLY sat on the retirement of the jersey number of a beloved, deceased, former player until, like, 4 days before the retirement ceremony. that's totally a thing that happens in professional sports.

i feel for their PR and digital team since everyone knows they're just spinning - but they would have been better off simply not saying anything.

Giants announced Eli and Strahan's jersey retirements this season over the summer - and they sell out every game regardless.

DarkLeanCavy-size_restricted.gif

Apart from the Saints game, the Patriots have had a realistic chance in each of their losses. Very close to putting it all together. You just hope they figure it out before it's too late.

Apart from the Saints game, the Patriots have had a realistic chance in each of their losses. Very close to putting it all together. You just hope they figure it out before it's too late.

This season is going nowhere.
Look at their schedule,
They'll be favorites 3 maybe 4 times the rest of the way.
Playoffs are basically out the window, 2022 it is.

This season is going nowhere.

Look at their schedule,

They'll be favorites 3 maybe 4 times the rest of the way.

Playoffs are basically out the window, 2022 it is.

Once Buffalo faces a team with a half decent defense, Allen will turn into a turnover machine again.

[Cam Newton is] Washed?

He looks anything but washed.

Who’s that Pokémon???

I know what their schedule is, and yes, in the end they aren't going far, but I still think they can be in it until the end.
I don't think you're far off to feel that way, but I think it would take a small miracle at this point. That said, I completely agree that I do believe it's slowly coming together for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom