NFL 2016 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No defensive holding on a key third down, despite having a handful of jersey and clearly disrupting the route.

Was so “nice” to see Jacksonville squander so much. Bet they wish they hadn’t kneeled out a minute of the first half clock with timeouts now.

Wow, Tom Brady found a way without his throwing hand or Gronkowski. He did it all by himself. Amazing. So good. Time loses again.

Even with a loss I would like to take the opportunity to point out that the Hewson Brady's were overly confident and faced their toughest game and I would venture to say the superb owl is probably theirs now.

They pass interference call that led to the Pats scoring was an awful call, but the idea that the NFL/refs are in the Pats pocket is obscenely laughable.

Laughable indeed. But I'm just shy of saying it's easy for an unbiased referee to feel the oncoming turnaround of the patriots in a game where they're behind. To a point where bad referees are susceptible to making calls under pressure.

Either way, it's not an excuse for a losing team. Unless massive calls happen at the end of the game, referees are a part of the game. Jacksonville had numerous opportunities to stop the Pats, and numerous opportunities to come from behind come they failed to stop them.

I hate Football.

The Pats in yet another Super Bowl and the 2nd in a row now makes not even want to watch. Maybe i'll change my mind in 2 weeks. But that how i felt after they advanced now

Blake Bortles completed 70% of his passes prior to the loss of their lead. Blake Bortles was also flawless on turnovers, yet again.

Blake Bortles let UCF to a fiesta bowl championship.

What the heck was that "unnecessary roughness" call?? And why was that pass interference call spot of the foul? Seemed to be like it was pre-throw for an uncatchable ball that would've been a 10 yard penalty or whatever the rule is pre-throw

Yeah, they made the right call once and that balances out the six blatant biased calls.

Honest question:
Are you 2 questioning the legitimacy of the helmet to helmet penalty that knocked Gronk out of the game?

Honest question:
Are you 2 questioning the legitimacy of the helmet to helmet penalty that knocked Gronk out of the game?
The one where the defender went in with his shoulder, not his helmet, and made contact as Gronk leaned into him?

I thought it was harsh.

I get why it was called, but it was questionable... the defender made contact with his head, but he absolutely led with his shoulder.

while he does come in with his shoulder, there is clear helmet to helmet contact

screen%20shot%202018-01-21%20at%2043227%20pm.png

Its a no question penalty in the NFL.

Do we think Church's shoulder put Gronk on queer street?

while he does come in with his shoulder, there is clear helmet to helmet contact

screen%20shot%202018-01-21%20at%2043227%20pm.png

Its a no question penalty in the NFL.

Do we think Church's shoulder put Gronk on queer street?
Again... I get why it was called, but it's one of those bullshit what the hell would you have wanted him to do penalties.

He led with his shoulder, momentum brought their helmets together. By letter of the law it's a penalty. It shouldn't be.

The pass interference call, on the other hand, was bogus.

Back
Top Bottom