NFL 2013 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Impossible to judge the NFC East, because they all played each other.

NFC East week 1, in one GIF:

a6e2f2a425e0fd10371fa6eee04eba19.gif

I've been offered Greg Olsen and Edelman for Lamar Miller and Fred Jackson. PPR.

Thoughts?

That's a lol you take it right away. Lamar Miller... what makes him any different from a Daniel Thomas in a pass-priority offense? Fred Jackson is negligible. In fact I would argue both players you're getting in return are better than both players you're sending away.

this is that strange play I mentioned on Monday:

BTwxUe7IQAAW9gR.jpg

a run up the middle for ~10 yards (3 against 5!) by pulling the Washington safeties out to the sidelines to cover each stack.

this is that strange play I mentioned on Monday:

BTwxUe7IQAAW9gR.jpg

a run up the middle for ~10 yards (3 against 5!) by pulling the Washington safeties out to the sidelines to cover each stack.

I'm confused. If the Philly linemen are outnumbered 3 to 5 in the center of the field, wouldn't they want to audible to a quick hitch on one side of the field, where they have a numbers advantage (especially since one of the blockers for the pass is a tackle)? Conversely, shouldn't Washington counter by pulling linemen or linebackers out to the sides?

I don't know what the hell is going on there. The right side of the field is wide open.

Worse than the endzone pitch, still better than the swinging gate.

You're talking to a bunch of nerdy U2 fans. Take that bullshit to some Xs and Os message board. We're here to talk about Verizon commercials and make fun of mikal and mobvok.

I'm confused. If the Philly linemen are outnumbered 3 to 5 in the center of the field, wouldn't they want to audible to a quick hitch on one side of the field, where they have a numbers advantage (especially since one of the blockers for the pass is a tackle)? Conversely, shouldn't Washington counter by pulling linemen or linebackers out to the sides?

First off I think I had it wrong, it was 3 v 4 based on the linemen. I don't have any GIF handy for reference, but basically I think the Eagles snapped the ball, let the 4th unblocked lineman come after Vick, and then ran a draw. The net effect of all that was to have LeSean McCoy match up one-on-one in the middle of the field with London Fletcher, which....

There very likely is a straightforward "solution" to this, but I imagine it forces defenses out of deep coverage (like the 2 Washington players off screen). So you pick the right moment.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bill Belichick re-signed Troy Brown for week 3.

WHY couldn't they schedule the Dolphins to play the Patriots in September? Our defense would destroy them without dolphin-killer Gronkowski.

So ad long as new england has no receivers, I think we've answered the question of "which is the worst division in the NFL."

Welcome to the AFC Least.

I don't know, the AFC North is going to give us a run for our money. They have the Bengals...but the Bengals will always be the Bungles until they prove otherwise. Ravens should still be solid, but their defense seems to have turned into the Saints' defense after their SB win. And I mean the Steelers...yeesh.

I don't know, the AFC North is going to give us a run for our money. They have the Bengals...but the Bengals will always be the Bungles until they prove otherwise. Ravens should still be solid, but their defense seems to have turned into the Saints' defense after their SB win. And I mean the Steelers...yeesh.

That you referred to anyone in that division as solid, that only further proves my point.

I hope the Jets tie it here. Overtime gives more chances for my boy EDELMAN to rack up fantasy points.

:drool:

:cute:

:wave:

:edge:

:camera:

:drunk:

:hi5:

:sad:

As do we all :( I might have to swap him out for Flacco if this keeps up.

This is the worst game in football history.

I was listening to it on the radio, and whoever calls the games for the Westwood One broadcasts, they were in a goofy mood tonight. They weren't calling the game, so much as giving it a riff track. "Breaking news, the Jets have sent someone back to return the punt!"

Back
Top Bottom