NFL 2013-2014: Snow Plow to the Super Bowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
San Diego looks like they've completely forgotten how to play on the road. Pretty much every aspect of their team communication looks awful.

Also, WTF is up with all the bitchslapping between the teams

C'mon Denver. We're about 35 minutes away from some great championship games.

it's weak tea, but this is happening in Denver as well (and the Portland Timbers do it for Sounders/Timbers MLS matches). I'm not even sure of the point since you can't plug the hole in the secondary resale market, but I'm sure a VP of Marketing somewhere is salivating about putting that bullet on a powerpoint for the year-end review.

"Afraid" of their fans? Dick move or not, it's not because anyone's afraid of fans.

I think it was done to try and stop Kaepernick from getting a ticket. HIM, I can see being afraid of.

:wink:

Even if I try and step aside from being a Seahawks fan, I can see how the team might want to save as many tickets as they can for their more local fans, especially since it's so rare that one of our teams makes it this far in any sport!

Sounds like the vast majority of available tickets are for season ticket holders, which leaves a small number for everyone else. I can't see how they can avoid them getting onto the secondary market, but I can understand wanting to try.

(I see HI was included on the list, which seemed odd, but I saw a LOT of Seahawks stuff when I was there.)

If I were Seattle, I'd be more scared of the team coming into town. The 49ers are playing the best ball of all 4 teams right now.

And it pains me to say it. As good as a coach as Harbaugh is, he has to be one of the most unlikable sports figures out there right now. What an ass.

If I were Seattle, I'd be more scared of the team coming into town.

:( I know.

I don't know enough about football (surprise!) to rationally weigh our chances, or even speculate as to how it's going to go, other than repeating what I hear on TV - we're apparently tied at 15-15 for our teams' match-ups.

hoo boy.

If I were Seattle, I'd be more scared of the team coming into town. The 49ers are playing the best ball of all 4 teams right now.

And it pains me to say it. As good as a coach as Harbaugh is, he has to be one of the most unlikable sports figures out there right now. What an ass.

The Niners should be more "scared" of playing in Seattle. The last time they played there, they got their asses whipped 29-3.

The more I read about this, the more I think it's a non-story.

Is it true that this is fairly common practice for playoff games? Either just in the NFL or elsewhere?

And those tickets up for grabs were gone in a minute anyway, so even Seattle folks will have to go to StubHub, just like 49ers fans in CA.

Which is exactly what would have happened had this non-story never seen the light of day.

Yeah, I've seen that example, but I read a comment that it as pretty common in general, even in other sports. Can anyone confirm or deny that?

The only time I ever heard of this happening was the Washington Nationals doing it for a series against the Phillies because there were usually more Philadelphia fans than DC fans at their home games. None of the Philly teams have ever done this as far as I know.

Whisenhunt to Tennessee, Detroit looking strongly at Jim Caldwell and, hilariously, Cleveland might be stuck with Mike Munchak.

So, Seattle, home of the mighty 12th man is so scared of 49er fans, they aren't allowing California residents to buy tickets.

I actually think it's a phenomenal, fan friendly move.

I would much rather have my own team's fans have first dibs to tickets than to open it up to everyone.

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

With Denver's injury issues (and New England's, obviously), I'm starting to think the NFC Championship winner is your Super Bowl winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom