NFL 2009-2010: Part The Second

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dalton - the quality of that video is so bad, it has to be doctored

i really don't know who i want to root for/against next weekend

-dan

I'm not fuming as much as I thought I'd be. Green Bay just wasn't ready to take it to the next level. I hope Ted Thompson actually gets off his ass this off-season though and addresses the team's deficiencies. Most notably secondary depth, o-line, and that God-awful mess they call special teams.

Congrats to the Cardinals. They earned it.

dalton - the quality of that video is so bad, it has to be doctored

i really don't know who i want to root for/against next weekend

-dan

Hold on, you actually think Brett Favre didn't throw the game losing INT in 2007? Really?

On the second play of overtime Favre's pass, which would be his last as a Packer, was intercepted by Giants defensive back Corey Webster, who returned the ball 9 yards to the Green Bay 34-yard line.

2007–08 NFL playoffs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stat line of the day...

NFL QB, in a playoff game...4-10, 34 yards 0 TD, 1 Int.

So this guy had a horrible game and his team got pummeled right?

No that was Joe Flacco, and his team romped by 19 points.

Man the Ravens manhandled the Pats on both lines.
That Seymour trade had better net Tom Brady's Hall of Fame worthy successor, cause they sure missed him this year, especially today. This young defense was out of position far too often this year and Matt Light is d-u-n, they should slide Vollmer into his spot in 2010.
That was a disgusting display, they look like a team in need of a complete overhaul right now.

As for the defensive tussle in the desert, some game, and blatant face mask on the final play that should have negated the winning score. AZ at NO should be entertaining next week.

Stat line of the day...

That Seymour trade had better net Tom Brady's Hall of Fame worthy successor, cause they sure missed him this year, especially today. This young defense was out of position far too often this year and Matt Light is d-u-n, they should slide Vollmer into his spot in 2010.
That was a disgusting display, they look like a team in need of a complete overhaul right now.

As for the defensive tussle in the desert, some game, and blatant face mask on the final play that should have negated the winning score. AZ at NO should be entertaining next week.
NFL.com - Official Site of the National Football League
The pic of the face mask is on the lead page of nfl.com right now. Nice.
Not that I'm bitter or anything :)

Stat line of the day...

The Patriots already have the QB of the future on the roster. He wears #11, bears a striking resemblance to Wes Welker and will run the triple-option offense when Brady retires.

Seriously though, I think the defense will be okay next year (not great) as the young guys get better. Having an impact pass rusher will help a lot.

Offensively, the line needs to shape up (everybody but Vollmer and Mankins has declined from a couple years ago), Wes Welker needs to have some military-grade ball bearings installed in his knee, and Brady needs to get healthy and figure out how to get the kid to sleep at night.

I was wondering if ANYBODY else noticed that! I'm surprised the announcers didn't, and everyone I asked said they didn't see it, but he did grab the face mask and the play should have been negated. It wasn't blatant, but it was at least the 5 yard kind. I'm really shocked no one has said anything. Maybe the Pack fans will in the news tomorrow. I wasn't for either team, just entertained.

ept_sports_nfl_experts-313581501-1263181137.jpg

Ha.

I was wondering if ANYBODY else noticed that! I'm surprised the announcers didn't, and everyone I asked said they didn't see it, but he did grab the face mask and the play should have been negated. It wasn't blatant, but it was at least the 5 yard kind. I'm really shocked no one has said anything. Maybe the Pack fans will in the news tomorrow. I wasn't for either team, just entertained.

The funny thing is that Buck actually said something as it happened and then never broiught it up again. As he was getting hit, he said, "Hand to the face" or something along those lines. And then no one mentions the facemask.

Hewson, Phanan, SR:

Moss' performance. Thoughts? I watched him instead of the ball being snapped for about 15 plays in a row at one point and he jogged every single time. Is he hurt? Did he not give a shit? Did I take his running for jogging? I'm not rendering an opinion here, just soliciting yours.

There's no more 5 yard face mask anymore. 15 only.

Also, what would have been considered an incidental face mask in the past is now not considered a face mask at all.

Hewson, Phanan, SR:

Moss' performance. Thoughts? I watched him instead of the ball being snapped for about 15 plays in a row at one point and he jogged every single time. Is he hurt? Did he not give a shit? Did I take his running for jogging? I'm not rendering an opinion here, just soliciting yours.

We've been told on sportsradio locally that part of Moss' game is sometimes to jog, and then turn on the afterburners after lulling his defender, I am thinking this is a line of BS.

Moss wasn't a factor obviously yesterday 9 5 catches, but no major impact), but there were a few occasions where he appeared open, and TB threw into tight coverage elsewhere, so I don't know wtf the deal is there. Missing Welker hurt, but his clone/replacement seemed to be the only Patriot who came to play yesterday.

The game was lost on both lines, the defensive line was atrocious (234 rush yards allowed is an indicator of that) and the offensive line , particularly #72, was pushed backwards all game long and did great impressions of turnstiles. And Brady truly looked rattled by the pressure, and tried to forc some balls, guys like Sam Clay Aiken (bumbles bounce!) weren't anywhere close to open and Brady was trying to squeeze passes in which were leading to deflections and Ints. I suppose the fact that they were down 24-0 in the blink of an eye could have contributed to his attempts to force things, but it was very un-Brady like, and as stated on at least 2 plays where he tried to force to a covered Aiken, Moss appeared to be quite open, and usually Brady follows his progressions and finds the open guy.

Moss has been sitting out a lot of practices this season; he's probably hurt (despite what BB may want you to believe).

And Brady forcing the ball so often is truly mind-boggling. It's one thing to try to force the ball to a double-covered Moss. It's another thing entirely to try to force it to Aiken or Ben Watson.

I'm not fuming as much as I thought I'd be. Green Bay just wasn't ready to take it to the next level. I hope Ted Thompson actually gets off his ass this off-season though and addresses the team's deficiencies. Most notably secondary depth, o-line, and that God-awful mess they call special teams.

Congrats to the Cardinals. They earned it.

my feelings too. The Cards really came out to play. i'd be much more upset if i didn't feel that the future is bright for the Pack. and yes, i'd like to see Thompson pick up a mid level free agent at CB and hopefully spend a high draft pick at Left Tackle.

I was wondering if ANYBODY else noticed that! I'm surprised the announcers didn't, and everyone I asked said they didn't see it, but he did grab the face mask and the play should have been negated. It wasn't blatant, but it was at least the 5 yard kind.

the "5 year kind" of facemask penalty hasn't existed for 2 years.

but sure, they shoulda called that one.

We've been told on sportsradio locally that part of Moss' game is sometimes to jog, and then turn on the afterburners after lulling his defender, I am thinking this is a line of BS.

Moss wasn't a factor obviously yesterday 9 5 catches, but no major impact), but there were a few occasions where he appeared open, and TB threw into tight coverage elsewhere, so I don't know wtf the deal is there. Missing Welker hurt, but his clone/replacement seemed to be the only Patriot who came to play yesterday.

The game was lost on both lines, the defensive line was atrocious (234 rush yards allowed is an indicator of that) and the offensive line , particularly #72, was pushed backwards all game long and did great impressions of turnstiles. And Brady truly looked rattled by the pressure, and tried to forc some balls, guys like Sam Clay Aiken (bumbles bounce!) weren't anywhere close to open and Brady was trying to squeeze passes in which were leading to deflections and Ints. I suppose the fact that they were down 24-0 in the blink of an eye could have contributed to his attempts to force things, but it was very un-Brady like, and as stated on at least 2 plays where he tried to force to a covered Aiken, Moss appeared to be quite open, and usually Brady follows his progressions and finds the open guy.

the pats were done before they had a chance. the ray rice run was a punch to the stomach, and the interception that followed was the kick to the balls.

when you stun a team at home that hard that fast, you just take 'em out. they didn't have a shot.

After the fumble though, so Cards would have kept possession, 15 yards from the spot of the foul.

The hand that knocked the ball out then proceeded to grab the face mask as the ball was being lost, AZ did not have possession when the infraction occurred, so I think GB would have retained possession and had a 1st down at around the 40.

The hand that knocked the ball out then proceeded to grab the face mask as the ball was being lost, AZ did not have possession when the infraction occurred, so I think GB would have retained possession and had a 1st down at around the 40.

this is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom