NFL 2009-2010: Part The Second

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It now looks like the Bengals are going to sit players and the Jets will back into the playoffs with two free handed victories from teams they otherwise would not have beaten. Is this fair to the Ravens and Steelers?

Probably not, but it's not the Jets' fault either. Blame the Colts and Bengals for being pussies.

It now looks like the Bengals are going to sit players and the Jets will back into the playoffs with two free handed victories from teams they otherwise would not have beaten. Is this fair to the Ravens and Steelers?

In a word: yes.

In more than one word: if a team wants to get into the playoffs it should win its damn games and not count on help from others.

Any sort of rule that attempts to force teams to play its starters is impossible to enforce fairly.

Agreed. Pittsburgh lost to the Raiders, Washington, Chicago, and Kansas City, and Cleveland.

Baltimore had a tougher schedule and lost to a lot of good teams (Cincy 2X, Minny, NE, GB, Indy), but to make the playoffs, you gotta beat some of those teams.

Win one or two of those games and this conversation doesn't have to happen.

With Welker done for the season (likely a torn knee ligament -- happened on a routine cut and not as a result of a hit), Brady's been playing much of the game in order to get his groove on with Julian Edelman. Ironic, that.

And now comes the time of year where my criticisms and cynicism about Andy Reid melts away and I root for the Eagles like a normal fan.

I'd really like to watch Cowboys/Eagles but Fox is giving me the fucking meaningless Packers game.

Anger.

At least Fox is giving you something. We don't get an afternoon Fox game here in Seattle - wtf?

I know they used to black out the Seahawks home games if the game wasn't sold out, but what is this - are they trying to force us to watch the Seahawks game on CBS?

I'm so confused.

Oh my. That timeout taken before a punt to avoid a delay of game penalty was a first ballot hall of famer in the Andy Reid Stupid Timeouts HOF.

god, i've already glanced up at the game multiple times to see several variations on this sight:

donovan-mcnabb-upset.gif

my guess: eagles playing soft to see what dallas will bring next week.
logic to it: andy reid is their coach and isn't aware that if they win they won't have to worry about dallas next week.
more likely: cowboys are better than the eagles by a good margin, regardless of where they play.

The Eagles aren't that good and are really, really injured. Their offensive line and linebacker cores are practically gone at this point.

That and their secondary is awful. No one can tackle.

Fuck you, Andy Reid. Fuck you and your couch and your three year contract extension.

No shit.
He was one of my favorites.

No, I mean, he spent years playing well because he was pissed off about his contract situation. Then, about a year and a half ago, they re-negotiated his deal and he was satisfied. He's done nothing since then.

In case you didn't notice, Devin Aromashodu of the Chicago Bears look very good the last 2 weeks. My question is...why did he only get to play the last 2 weeks? Where does the blame lie in this situation? How does he not play before now??

I do understand that he probably wouldn't get 2 td's or 150 yards every game. But...he did just that the past two weeks.

Disappointing year, but I have not given up on Cutler. Things are gonna change though this offseason I feel.

Sucks about Welker. It wasn't because of a hit or anything, just one of those freak accidents. Horrendous timing.

Well, the guy who came in for him was doing a pretty spot on Wes Welker impression.

Speaking of Texans/Pats, here's a little bit of Houston FAIL, which is always a good thing:

azgw36.jpg

Commence "Texas schooling" jokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom