New York Setlist Watch and Thread Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks to zootopia for the setlist :applaud:

Someone mentioned over there that maybe the snippet was a Stetasonic (sp?) song?

Final recap:

SETLIST

* COBL
* VERTIGO // STORIES FOR BOYS
* ELEVATION
* ELECTRIC CO // SEND IN THE CLOWNS // I CAN SEE FOR MILES
* AN CAT DUBH
* INTO THE HEART
* BEAUTIFUL DAY // BLACKBIRD
* MIRACLE DRUG
* SYCMIOYO
* LPOE
* SBS
* BTBS // JOHNNY // HANDS THAT BUILT AMERICA // JOHNNY // NYNY [SMALL SNIP]
* RTSS // HALLELUJAH
DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS
* PITNOL
* WTSHNN
ONE CAMPAIGN
* ONE

ENCORE(s) I

* ZOO STATION
* THE FLY // (SOME BLUESY SONG ... NY IS OUR HOME)
* MYSTERIOUS WAYS
* OOTS

ENCORE(s) II

* ABOY
* YAHWEH
* VERTIGO

Ok, time for a break from the blue crack. Will check back later for NY fans reviews and comments. :wave: (everyone seems to already have disappeared...:hmm: - party and I wasn't invited :scratch: )

nurse chrissi said:

I'm with you - EW (that hard hitting magazine that it is:wink: ) then went on to say that this coldplay album will be the album that HTDAAB wanted to be but quite wasn't

By my estimation, Coldplay, although a very good band, has about 20 years to go...then we'll make comparisons. :yes:

I don't see any of U2's ladies going to Coldplay concerts, but Gwyneth was at one of the Chicago U2 shows... at least that's what a caption on flickr said....

I agree that Coldplay isn't the next U2, but I gotta say their SNL performance was excellent, and I love Coldplay.

Hoping to get tickets to them for their sept tour. I don't think the 2 bands are even comparable. Different styles.

Hi, everyone!!! :wave:

Edge was ON FIRE tonight, so much so that Bono threw water in his direction to cool him down during "The Electric Co."! I've read he's done this before, but it was the first time that I saw it.

The girl during "Mysterious Ways" threw her arms around Bono, and literally hung onto him for dear life at first! When he was saying goodbye to her, he kissed her arm several times!!! LUCKY GIRL!!!!

During OOTS, Bono mentioned that it was John Abraham's birthday and that the song was also dedicated to the girls that they'd "helped to spawn." Bono then held his head, like he was exasperated, then said, "It's a family thing!"

Unfortunately, due to impending construction on the Long Island Rail Road that would have necessitated getting off the train, getting onto a bus for about three stops worth, then getting back on the train for the rest of the journey, I chose to take the train before that situation began...which meant no last encore for me. No ABOY, no "Yahweh" (which was GORGEOUS on Wednesday at the Continental Arena) and no second "Vertigo."

Is anyone still here?

(SOME BLUESY SONG ... NY IS OUR HOME) This was The Jean Genie, an old David Bowie song - one of my favorites actually. Freaked me out when I heard the intro...kinda makes up for no 40 at the end...

Must go crash now, went to the concert sick as a dog...

I'm here perusing. Didn't realize you (Diane) and NSW were there (brainfart I guess). Sorry you had to leave early Diane - that sucks. Howz about you NSW?

You knew I was going, Lila, you just forgot! I'm simply not memorable. I was supposed to be the source tonight, but, Queen Bee texted me and told me she would be out....and I had nobody else's cell # to text.

I stayed until the very end.

dammit - I can't get text messages, but you could have called! Why didn't you ask for my number. Damn... I did know in the back of my mind, but forgot :reject:

then remembers I didn't get a response to my response to you - must have been too busy in NJ/NY with family and friends :reject:

This was my first show since San Diego 1 and 2 and it kicked those shows in the butt!! Wow! They're on fire now!!

The Bowie song was a treat - you had to see them - they were really rocking out! Bono had his guitar on and all the band members were faced towards Larry as though they were jamming but it was very hard and a real delight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom