New York #1 Setlist Open Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DRay9911

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Happy Monday

Your setlist for tonight:

Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - June 25, 2018

---------- It's a Beautiful World / MRI ----------
01 - Love is All We Have Left
02 - The Blackout
03 - Lights of Home
04 - I Will Follow
05 - :tbd:
06 - Beautiful Day
07 - The Ocean
08 - Iris
09 - Cedarwood Road
10 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
11 - Until The End Of The World
——-INTERMISSION: HMTMKMKM (Gavin Friday Mix)——-
12 - Elevation
13 - Vertigo
14 - Desire
15 - Acrobat
16 - You’re The Best Thing About Me
17 - Staring At The Sun
18 - Pride
19 - Get Out Of Your Own Way
20 - American Soul
21 - City Of Blinding Lights
——-Women Of The World——-
22 - One
23 - Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It’s Way
24 - 13 (There Is A Light)

Your mixlr's for tonight:
no_end_2_love is on Mixlr. Mixlr is a simple way to share live aud...
#U2UVBR is on Mixlr. Mixlr is a simple way to share live audio onl...
beautifulday36 is on Mixlr. Mixlr is a simple way to share live au...

and, at your own peril...
Sil Rigote is on Mixlr. Mixlr is a simple way to share live audio ...

tumbleweed-ae.gif

Updated

Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - June 25, 2018

---------- It's a Beautiful World / MRI ----------
01 - Love is All We Have Left
02 - The Blackout
03 - Lights of Home
04 - I Will Follow
05 - All Because Of You
06 - Beautiful Day
07 - The Ocean
08 - Iris
09 - Cedarwood Road
10 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
11 - Until The End Of The World
——-INTERMISSION: HMTMKMKM (Gavin Friday Mix)——-
12 - Elevation
13 - Vertigo
14 - Desire
15 - Acrobat
16 - You’re The Best Thing About Me
17 - Staring At The Sun
18 - Pride
19 - Get Out Of Your Own Way
20 - American Soul
21 - City Of Blinding Lights
——-Women Of The World——-
22 - One
23 - Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It’s Way
24 - 13 (There Is A Light)

Used to be a day when you could say "they always do something special when they're in (insert big city here)". Maybe next tour.

Plot twist: night 2 songs on night 1. Feel kinda bad for anyone who went tonight thinking Gloria was a sure thing.

Plot twist: night 2 songs on night 1. Feel kinda bad for anyone who went tonight thinking Gloria was a sure thing.

Agree! Is ABOY a fan favorite? I really don't like it at all. But Was pleasantly surprised I didn't hate it live.

Oh man, U2 being U2 with that twist.

Poor Gonna Run 2 U didn’t get Gloria. Reminds me of when I got North Star instead of Stay back in 2011. :down:

Agree! Is ABOY a fan favorite? I really don't like it at all. But Was pleasantly surprised I didn't hate it live.

I wouldn't say it's a fan favorite. But I like it a hell of a lot more than RFD.

Didn’t get why you people loved it so much, but then I saw it live and became a believer! I think ABOY is a fun rocker from one of their most popular albums, but it’s a step down from Gloria.

Didn’t get why you people loved it so much, but then I saw it live and became a believer! I think ABOY is a fun rocker from one of their most popular albums, but it’s a step down from Gloria.

I guess. I didn't become a believer, but I am no longer a hater. Progress.

It’s a great tune. I just want them to add back in horses

They have to play it ONCE at least in NYC, right?/ right??????

It’s a great tune. I just want them to add back in horses

You and me both. I already told my husband if they play it tonight and tomorrow (they won't), I'm hopping the Amtrak to Newark from CT. I'm ridiculous. But I've been waiting for it since I was 15. I'm 41 FFS.

I just moved to CT (well it's been almost 3 years) but after 15 years in NYC and walking to last tour at MSG, if they don't play Horses, I'll cry. Because I had to take the METRO NORTH to see my boys!!!

I saw Horses live once in boston... I think i've seen them 35 times maybe? Maybe... and horses once I think.

I just moved to CT (well it's been almost 3 years) but after 15 years in NYC and walking to last tour at MSG, if they don't play Horses, I'll cry. Because I had to take the METRO NORTH to see my boys!!!

I saw Horses live once in boston... I think i've seen them 35 times maybe? Maybe... and horses once I think.

Are you there tonight?

I'm at 20 times. Tons of Boston shows. They've played it a few times there and snippeted it. Missed all of those shows of course. I did hear them soundcheck it when I was in the queue inside the building. [emoji849]

wouldn't be posting if I was! I don't even like to look at my iphone during show...

Going night 2 and 3...

i haven't been paying attention, but during Acrobat are you supposed to use some dumb app to see him in full MacPhisto outfit, or is it just on screen?

i haven't been paying attention, but during Acrobat are you supposed to use some dumb app to see him in full MacPhisto outfit, or is it just on screen?

It's his face with a Snapchat like filter over it on the screen. It's hard to describe.

sounds terrible. i'm 40 and it sounds fucking terrible.

but i was supposed to go to this show tonight, but long story short, I didn't due to family fun! so i'm listening to more of the concert than i have , trying not to spoil myself, but fuck it. man they sound great. the set list is boring on paper sure, but sounds fucking good live.

It's not really snapchat cheesy. You'll see! And the set is meh reading it but I loved it live! And knew barely anything, other than Acrobat and Pride. And that they played Horses once and dropped it. [emoji35]

I’m one of the guys who bought tix thinking Gloria was a sure thing. Now I’m dealing with the politics agenda driven bullshit post acrobat. I love this band but this is bullshit.

goodnight and see you tomorrow

clerks, have a great time

did they play Horses yet? I'm waiting. Also half the people that post here at currently at the show...

U2 being political this tour absolutely floored me. It was like being told the sky was blue.

Politics is one thing, politics backed by mediocre, heavy handed new songs about the subject is something else. Gimme something like Seconds, Love And Peace Or Else or When I Look At The World over what they're shoveling to audiences this tour.

Politics is one thing, politics backed by mediocre, heavy handed new songs about the subject is something else. Gimme something like Seconds, Love And Peace Or Else or When I Look At The World over what they're shoveling to audiences this tour.

Part of my point for sure.

I know U2 have always dealt in politics but that entire part of the concert just seemed unnecessary with how great their songs are and it just seems forced. Bono is talking about good times drinking wine with Edge as they go into staring at the sun then randomly, for fucks sake it seemed, the images of white supremacy idiots pop up. Why kill the mood?!

And all of the political agenda images on the screen before the concert? It was a bit much!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom