New Video on U2.com Pt.2 (new 01/11/2009)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This video is gold - without knowing two of the song times, it is 45:22

I'm expecting the other 2 songs to be at least 4 minutes, so the total album time is at least 53 minutes! With an extra song for the UK and Japan it could be 57 minutes!

I think Tripoli is that song that has the "orn (Prov.) which has a 5:58 next to it.

I was thinking that too. Maybe Bono changed the title at the very end to "Torn" or "War Torn" or something.

Well, that's what we can suppose from the new U2.COM video. We can see red numbers above the song's names, it's probably the tracklist order...

Exactly. I saw that too. I'm pretty sure that they have a general idea of where they want stuff to go, with a couple of exceptions.

Zooropa is 6'32" - and one of the best first tracks, IMHO. I would definitely love a return to this style instead of a "turn it up to 11" for the intro.

Great point. Zooropa is the perfect opener to that album. Very underrated song IMO. I would love to have this album open up with an atmospheric type opener. It would be a nice change from the last two.

can't you just make "10" louder?

:lol:

great movie! :up:

It seems odd that they would be cutting songs from the album BEFORE they're all finished. Which is why I'm surprised there's only 11 listed there, when we had essentially 12 songs mentioned for consideration.

how do you know that it isn't Mercy?

how do you know that it is Magnificent?

i'm telling you,

Magnificent = Mercy.

Stop it. We've all heard magnificent from the U2.com videos and the beach clips. And we have matching lyrics from Q and RS to completely close this case.

how do you know that it isn't Mercy?

how do you know that it is Magnificent?

i'm telling you,

Magnificent = Mercy.

Both Q and RS printed the chorus (only love... only love can reset your mind).

The chorus to beach clip 4 is 100% those lyrics. And anyone with at least 1 ear can tell that BC4 is not even remotely close to a rewroked version of Mercy

Only one step from Sexy Boots...

Maybe the album's concept is the story of a Virgin who tries to "close the deal" but can't. Maybe "Moment of Surrender" is this guy praying that someone will finally give in to him. :shrug:

Every Breaking Wave.....Hmmm....sex on the beach?

Okay...I'll stop....I'm really bored.

Both Q and RS printed the chorus (only love... only love can reset your mind).

The chorus to beach clip 4 is 100% those lyrics. And anyone with at least 1 ear can tell that BC4 is not even remotely close to a rewroked version of Mercy

Bono is singing "Magnificent" several times at the end of the clip.

I love that clip! :drool:

Maybe the album's concept is the story of a Virgin who tries to "close the deal" but can't. Maybe "Moment of Surrender" is this guy praying that someone will finally give in to him. :shrug:

Every Breaking Wave.....Hmmm....sex on the beach?

Okay...I'll stop....I'm really bored.

I understand your boredom. :wink:

CONFIRMED:

NOLTH has the most songs on a U2 album over 5:30

Very long album indeed. :yes:

Whatever the ORN (Prov.) song is, it's a priority to finish---higher priority than even GOYB was at whatever point in time this video was taken. :hmm:

I would guess that the "Orn" song is something to do with "Born."

Hey, you know what song talks about being born? "Mercy"!

:shifty:

Hello, I'm new to the board but a long time viewer so please go easy on me. I don't get why everyone wants Mercy on the album. The song has been out and available on the internet. Wouldn't you rather have a new album full of songs you haven't heard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom