New U2.com offer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use audacity - very easy to use - just load up two songs, delete the small gap, overlap some of the crowd noise, mix down to one track, split them at a logical point and export the first half as an mp3, load up the next track and repeat.

Is there any other released version of ISHFWILF from the tour? I really just cannot stand the version put on U22 with the horns. Extremely unrepresentative of the way the song was played on the tour(which I loved) and just overall...:huh:

Is there any other released version of ISHFWILF from the tour? I really just cannot stand the version put on U22 with the horns. Extremely unrepresentative of the way the song was played on the tour(which I loved) and just overall...:huh:

A rip of the Rose Bowl DVD would probably have a decent version. I haven't heard it in awhile, but I think that's the one where Bono throws a shout-out to Dennis Hopper?

Some of the versions on U22 do have some "unique" additions like the horns and ad-libbing. Some hit and some miss!

I think Sheffield is pretty good. Not sure if it is considered an official release, but it is an outstanding bootleg.

I quite like the version released from the 3 track Glastonbury web release from the official site. The Movin' On Up snippet is outstanding. Great quality too.

Is there something wrong with the Rose Bowl version from the DVD/BD? And as others have pointed out, there are numerous high quality broadcast versions (Sheffield & Glastonbury are just two) readily available.

I think the horns on the U22 version are a nice change, especially considering the multiple "officially released" live versions of this song already available across multiple tours.

I actually love the version with the horns!
Me too. It might be the only version of the song that sounds fresh and worthwhile to listen to . Still Haven't Found was one of the first U2 songs I loved, but hearing it over and over and over again (every tour, the same sing along), I've become a bit bored with it.

It came in today. Wow, it's beautiful. Also, Electrical Storm and Your Blue Room = :drool:

Picked up mine from the pst office last night. The lithographs are very nice. Thinking about putting those in a frame. The book itself is huge, haven't had a chance to go thru it yet. Overall the entire package is put together nicely and will make a lovely addition to my small u2 display.
Great job on their part, more than worth the money spent.

Just got it 5 minutes ago. What a beautiful book!

The most impressive thing though was the packaging. They actually bothered to put it in bubble wrap so it wouldn't get too banged up during shipping. Nice job U2.com!

Ordered in early December; got my shipping email yesterday; package arrived tonight. It's absolutely gorgeous. Whatever crap we've all talked about U2.com, it's tabled. This is, if anything, an even more amazing package than U22. Very impressed. Great cuts as well in terms of versions of the songs, as well as song selections. Kudos to everyone involved.

Ordered in early December; got my shipping email yesterday; package arrived tonight. It's absolutely gorgeous. Whatever crap we've all talked about U2.com, it's tabled. This is, if anything, an even more amazing package than U22. Very impressed. Great cuts as well in terms of versions of the songs, as well as song selections. Kudos to everyone involved.

You're quite welcome. Enjoy!

not in amuricah
No Line On The Horizon - rumoured to be from Don Valley Stadium, Sheffield, 20-08-2009 (I haven't seen any confirmation apart from someone suggesting that the 30-second clip of the original U22 voting was labeled as being from this concert)
Spanish Eyes - Estadio Anoeta, San Sebastian, 26-09-2010
Pride - Veltins Arena, Gelsenkirchen, 03-08-2009
Desire - Patersons Stadium, Perth, 19-12-2010
Angel Of Harlem - Stade de France, Paris, 12-07-2009

:)

Can anyone on the East Coast tell me how long your shipping took? I renewed my membership on Dec 21st and of course they billed it on the credit card that day. I got the e-mail last Friday that it shipped, and still nothing. Of course there are snow delays and all that. Guess it ships via Fed Ex smartpost that the US mail delivers. Of course the tracking number doesn't work. But I guess it ships from CA?

Can anyone on the East Coast tell me how long your shipping took? I renewed my membership on Dec 21st and of course they billed it on the credit card that day. I got the e-mail last Friday that it shipped, and still nothing. Of course there are snow delays and all that. Guess it ships via Fed Ex smartpost that the US mail delivers. Of course the tracking number doesn't work. But I guess it ships from CA?

It took over a week from when I got the email for mine to arrive. The tracking never worked, it just showed up one day and I think it was via UPS.

Not sure about east coast, but as far as west coast goes... I renewed my U2.com membership on Dec. 15, got my shipping notice on Jan. 10th, and received it yesterday on the 16th. :D And yes, the tracking codes are worthless!

It should take about a week, and believe it or not, the tracking number actually does work! Just not with the link they sent you.

You have to copy that number they sent you, and then plug it into usps.com. (not ups.com)

It will only show up after ups delivers the package to the usps, but it should give you a day's warning of when you should expect to receive your package.

If you check in the morning, you'll be able to tell if it will be in the day's mail or not.

It's a beautiful book! This is certainly a great surprise from U2.com. I feel like they finally, for the First Time, really valued their members.

I did run into one problem, my photos of the band that come packaged inside the sleeve of the book jacket were packaged by the publisher too close to the glue/ adhesive of the book jacket causing them to get stuck inside, and it took a little work to get them out. Luckily the photos weren't damagd. There is a very small amount of glue on the top photo that I should be able to remove with a special photo cleaner. I hope no one runs into this problem or worse, have to be kind of gentle removing the photos if this happens.

Same thing happened with my photos. Now Bono has some glue on him. How did you do getting it removed?

Unfortunately, my Bono photo/litho was so stuck that it ripped in multiple places when I removed it.

Bonus tracks dates and locations confirmed by U2.com- these were mentioned before, but now official:

SPANISH EYES
Recorded at Estadio Anoeta, San Sebastian, 26th September 2010

PRIDE (IN THE NAME OF LOVE)
Recorded at Veltins-Arena, Gelsenkirchen, 3rd August 2009

NO LINE ON THE HORIZON
Recorded at Don Valley Stadium, Sheffield, 20th August 2009

DESIRE
Recorded at Subiaco Oval, Perth, 19th December 2010

ANGEL OF HARLEM
Recorded at Stade de France, Paris, 12th July 2009

Back
Top Bottom