New pics of Bono's African travels!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by NicaMom:
Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Here's the story that goes with that pic-how touching..

Irish rock star Bono lends his blue Bulgari wrap-around shades to Felicia Boateng, 12, a schoolgirl who asked him to sing for her classmates in Richard Akwei Memorial School in Ghana's capital Accra, May 22, 2002. Bono told her she was "genuinely cool". Bono, on a tour of Africa with U.S. Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill, sang U2 hit " I still haven't found what I'm looking for".
They just showed Bono singing to the children on CNN, man I'm in tears!
The kids were singing along with Bono, awwww, his voice sounded so sweet!

I need to see this....I NEED to see this...please tell me someone has taped this...

I just saw the CNN report with Bono singing "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" to the kids. He sounded so wonderful, singing acapella, with the kids were singing along with him!
He also kissed a girl's hand!
*Major, MAJOR Bono fuzzies!!!!!*

Thanks NicaMom for that link...

CNN has a video clip online, but you have to be a paid subscriber to some service of thiers
frown.gif

mdf35934.jpg

------------------
Daisy

~*~We are one, but we're not the same
We've got to carry each other~*~

AIM:daisyone75

Originally posted by Gina Marie:

Irish rock star Bono lends his blue Bulgari wrap-around shades to Felicia Boateng, 12, a schoolgirl who asked him to sing for her classmates in Richard Akwei Memorial School in Ghana's capital Accra, May 22, 2002. Bono told her she was "genuinely cool". Bono, on a tour of Africa with U.S. Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill, sang U2 hit " I still haven't found what I'm looking for".

i saw a clip of this on CNN this morning....it gave me BonoFuzzies and all i could say through the whole thing was....awwwwww! sometimes, i'm just baffled by his generosity and love for people. he is such an amazing man....i love him! *sigh*

------------------
xoxo,
chelsea

i'm looking through your window
i'm walking through your doorway
i'm on the outside, let me in....let me love you.

you said... maybe... said I want to have your baby...BABY
we could make something beautiful
something that wouldn't be a problem
at least not in... miami

I can't change the world,
But I can change the world in me.
I REJOICE!!

Originally posted by NicaMom:
Here's a pic of Bono singing at the school:
1022092652.3556827184.jpg

so, so, sweet....

Oh my...oh my.....*THUD* He looks so hot! I love it! He was so sweet singing to those kids, I nearly melted watching him. Thanks for these pics!

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

OH MY!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Since I got banned from the internet at work on Monday(U2's fault!!) I had to wait til I got home today to check out the Bono news and WOW! These pictures are killing me they are SO beautiful!
Bono amazes me more and more every day. I just have to thank God one more time for giving us this amazing being who is out there doing this work to help Africa- Just incredible pics.
I have to see Bono singing I still Haven't Found...so it was on CNN? or online video?
So, tell me about what time was the report on CNN today? I have it taping since this morning at 6, so I should have it, right?!!
*runs to look at the CNN tape

Originally posted by U2SJ:
OH MY!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Bono amazes me more and more every day. I just have to thank God one more time for giving us this amazing being

i feel the same way u2sj!! he is one incredible human being, we should all strive to do what we can to make this world a better place for everyone! yaaayyy bono!!

*be like bono*
------------------
Is it getting hot in here or is it just ADAM??
*+*MaRiA*+*

[This message has been edited by sparkys girl (edited 05-22-2002).]

capt.1022102455.africa_o_neill_bono_xsa107.jpg

1019585080.2483044381.jpg

------------------
"Yours is the heaven that lies in the common dust,
and you are there for me, you are there for all."
~Rabindra Rachnavali

*Take Me Higher*

[This message has been edited by oliveu2cm (edited 05-22-2002).]

[This message has been edited by oliveu2cm (edited 05-22-2002).]

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:

1019585080.2483044381.jpg

*FUZZIES MCFUZZIES*

------------------
MISTY MORNING, CLOUDS IN THE SKY
WITHOUT WARNING, THE WIZARD WALKS BY
CASTING HIS SHADOW, WEAVING HIS SPELL
FUNNY CLOTHES, TINKLING BELL

oh my!! keep the great pics coming! I've been saving them by letters of the alphabet and I'm already on "africa02s" !!

mad props to Bono and Mr. O'Niell for all their work *high fives*

------------------
"I retain the right to act like a hormonal teenager because i am one!!!" ~~~ Laura

AIM: Rattle n Hum 02

peace out \\//

Whoo hoo! Thanky for these here pics! He sure is snuggly and smart at the same time!

------------------
I'm a little bit country, I'm a little bit rock and roll.

wow i feel so out of touch with current news. i am so living in my own little world of work. damn.

anyway, this is so great to see bono hard at work saving the world. makes me feel like things are going ok somewhere!

------------------
***ALOTWU***

The Palace of My Shame

I jest seen a story that said Bono got stranded in that Tamale town cuz of the terrible storm! It said the old government guy stayed in the VIP lounge and Bono wandered through the building drinking beer and talking! LOL that's our Bono!

Y'know I wonder what folks that don't know Bono think of him now? He's doin such a good thing. They keep callin him a rock star but he don't look like one. He's got sunglasses and earrings but his short hair and his everday clothes don't look like no rock star.
He looks like some ordinary guy that drinks beer in his backyard ever weekend in the hammock. Not sayin that's bad he can drink beer in my hammock anytime jest the way he is. But when ya say rock star I think most folks would expect Ozzy Osbourne! He shoulda wore his leather jacket LOL maybe it's too hot!

------------------
I'm a little bit country, I'm a little bit rock and roll.

[This message has been edited by The Possum Queen (edited 05-22-2002).]

Me: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

dood. This is why I *LOVETH* Bono soo much!
smile.gif

btw...I get to do a report on Bono's trip to Africa for school
smile.gif
Finally those kids in my class will start to appreciate him!

------------------
*~*Phuzzie*~*

*Owner of the BonoDoll*

"No, I will not do the snake dance for you!" ~ Bono after the post-Super Bowl party

WARNING: Insanity is highly contagious!

My U2 Site

U2: Rock's Hottest Tamales

Originally posted by Phuzzie_the_camera_girl:
btw...I get to do a report on Bono's trip to Africa for school
smile.gif
Finally those kids in my class will start to appreciate him!

YAY go Phuzzie.....

Convert them before it is too late
wink.gif

------------------
Daisy

So it's been said before but I LOVE THIS MAN! Those pics are just darling! He's so cute and sweet and precious! I could gush all night but you get the idea! Sqeeeeee!
smile.gif

------------------
~"Mirrors on the ceiling, we drink champagne on ice, and she said "we are all just prisoners here, of our own device"~

From Hotel California, but referring to those of us trapped in Mr. MacPhisto's dungeon

Saw a clip of Bono singing on the news since I don't have cable and I got major *Bono fuzzies*!
My brother was in the room and he said look Bono (even he pronounces his name right and he's only 8
wink.gif
) and he saw him sing and give the children high fives. He told me I want to give Bono a hug!
How cute is he
smile.gif

Sigh, that's our Bono, beautiful on the inside and the outside.

1022078495.3959537715.jpg

I'm so proud of him! Thanks for all the cute pics and nice stories!
smile.gif

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

Woooooooow, thank you thank you!

What a man, what a mighty good man!

Anyone know when/if this will be repeated? I haven't been able to catch it at all, as I am at work full time and CNN.com isn't helping.
frown.gif

Anyway, lovely pics, thanks D4B.

SD

------------------
You don't have to be Henry Kissenger to figure out that a more prosperous world is a more secure world; a more educated world is a more tolerant world; and a more healthy world is a more stable world, and I think that would be a fitting memorial to those who lost their lives on Sept. 11th. ~Bono on Leno, Thanksgiving 2001

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:
Here is the pic of them in the African robes

capt.1022125064.ghana_o_neill_bono_xsa108.jpg

Awwwwwwwwwwwww is that cute or what???? OMG really all these pics are absolutely amazing he looks like he's having a blast in Africa interacting with everybody
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
THE Larry Mullen Jr Page

Me: Bono do you know PLEBA?

Bono:*stares at me scared* ...Scary Girls!!

Here is another Article I found:

The two are headed to South Africa:

ACCRA (Reuters) - The world's most powerful finance minister got his tour of Africa back on track on Thursday after a tropical storm trapped him for hours in a remote Ghanaian town.

U.S. Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill and Irish rock singer Bono left Ghana's capital Accra early on Thursday headed for the continent's economic giant South Africa and meetings with President Thabo Mbeki and his finance minister Trevor Manuel.

Unlikely traveling companions, O'Neill and Bono are on a tour examining how best to spend billions of dollars to give the poorest continent a leg-up.

They were due to dine with South African businessmen and labor leaders after their arrival later on Thursday.

In less prosperous Ghana, Wednesday's schedule came unstuck when a storm trapped them for hours in a northern town under curfew imposed after nearby tribal clashes left dozens dead.

Their different approaches to development have shown, with the U2 frontman and advocate of debt relief for poor countries arguing that public aid is needed as well as the private sector stimulus favored by O'Neill to reduce poverty and create jobs.

Visiting communal projects, Bono warned popular support for the United States could quickly become anger if Washington -- which fears dispossessed Africans could be easy recruits for terrorist groups -- does nothing to alleviate poverty.

"We are driving down the streets and people are waving, people are jumping up and down, they are glad to see the United States," Bono said. "If this country doesn't get help, doesn't get the sense of a new beginning...you come back in five years and they'll be throwing rocks at the bus."

In a U.N. ranking of human development, Ghana sits at 119 out of 162 countries. The bottom 28 are all in Africa.

Bono also criticized subsidies paid by Western governments to protect their industries at the expense of poorer nations.

"You can't have debt cancellation on the one hand and trade subsidies on the other...I don't like this kind of duplicity."

Last week, President Bush (news - web sites) signed a farm law boosting crop and diary subsidies by 67 percent, which some say makes a mockery of calls for Africa to embrace free trade and prices the continent out of lucrative markets.

Bono and O'Neill were set to visit Uganda and then Ethiopia after South Africa, where they were also due to spend the night in a game park. O'Neill returns to Washington on May 31.

"I think Paul O'Neill is going to be a very different person going out than coming in," Bono said of his traveling companion.

and another picture:

------------------
Daisy

[This message has been edited by daisybean (edited 05-23-2002).]

Originally posted by daisybean:

Visiting communal projects, Bono warned popular support for the United States could quickly become anger if Washington -- which fears dispossessed Africans could be easy recruits for terrorist groups -- does nothing to alleviate poverty.

he is SO smart and SO good to say the truth. I love how he gets his points across.

capt.1022125886.ghana_o_neill_bono_xsa112.jpg

------------------
"Yours is the heaven that lies in the common dust,
and you are there for me, you are there for all."
~Rabindra Rachnavali

*Take Me Higher*

1022171237.3825385563.jpg

South African President Thabo Mbeki (R) meets U.S. Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill (2ndR) Irish rock star Bono (2ndL) and Trevor Manuel Minister of Finance at the Union Building in Pretoria May 23, 2002. O'Neil and Bono are on a three day official visits to South Africa. REUTERS/Juda Ngwenya

Back
Top Bottom