New album talk - album coming when fish start riding bicycles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone want to set up an Intrade-style betting pool on whether or not this will be new-album related?

Since the e-mail mentions a particular time (6:30 EDT US), maybe that means the new single will be premiering on Dave Fanning's show tomorrow night and the fan club can't share it until after Dave has played it. Yeah, that's a stretch. For one thing, the times don't line up.

Something to do with the 25th anniversary of rattle and hum i think. Is the picture in the email the recording equipment in the wareshouse from the rattle and hum movie?

If it isnt anything to do with new material thats just cruel from u2's part,they know everyones going crazy for new material, rumours are coming out all over the place and to tease us like this is "so cruel" :)

Something to do with the 25th anniversary of rattle and hum i think. Is the picture in the email the recording equipment in the wareshouse from the rattle and hum movie?

I was thinking the same.

That Tiesto bullshit on Thanksgiving Day should have burned me for good, but alas, I'll be checking in at the appropriate time. *sigh*

What does the e-mail say? I just got one from U2.com that says "U2 subscriber's special-not to be missed" in the subject line, but the e-mail itself is totally blank. :(

I got that too, but it was at the old e-mail address I had with them. They also sent one to my current one, which had the information listed. Sort of odd. :huh:

I don't want to crush your hopes guys, but i'm pretty sure it has something to do with Rattle and Hum's 25th anniversary. It could be an exclusive offer on a newly remixed package/album or a picture book with stories about the Lovetown tour...but hey, it doesn't hurt to dream a little :shifty:

Aargh, I'd love to think it's something related to the new album, but I'm pretty sure it's not, sounds more like Rattle and Hum anniversary stuff, since they posted RAH pictures on the official instagram a while ago. I wouldn't get my hopes up. "A bit special" doesn't sound like an album or single announcement at all. :sigh:

Aargh, I'd love to think it's something related to the new album, but I'm pretty sure it's not, sounds more like Rattle and Hum anniversary stuff, since they posted RAH pictures on the official instagram a while ago. I wouldn't get my hopes up. "A bit special" doesn't sound like an album or single announcement at all. :sigh:

Do you think that's actually a U2 official Instagram account though? Those pictures are so low quality. At least one is just a book or record(?) scanned on a copier, you can see the spine along the side. (Why do people think it's "official"? Does Instagram verify accounts somewhere?)

Unless of course it's the cover to part of the Rattle and Hum reissue or something... :shifty::wink:

I do not want "something a bit special".

I want something that is a GODDAMNED MOTHERFUCKING MINDFUCKINGLY MONUMENTALLY MASSIVE IMPLOSION OF AWESOMENESS AND PURE FUCKING SUBLIMATION!!!!

Seriously, is that too much to ask? :|

Rattle and hum anniversary is gone now why would they announce something now about an anniversary that was last week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom