NBA 2022-23 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And now miraculously he has been the Knicks' best player in both games. I suppose one can make the case for Brunson today, but RJ held it together at the toughest spot in the 3rd.

Got to hand it to the Knicks: they are the better team. Tougher, better coached, more prepared for the moment. The bigs are really exposing Allen and Mobley. Mobley in particular needs to hit the weights hard this summer.

I love Donovan, but you can't lay an egg like that in the biggest game of the season. Hopefully he bounces back so we can at least make it to 6.

He's got the Knicks defending at a near elite level.

With Brunson at PG and Randle/Obi at the 4. Mitch has had a phenomenal season. I remember telling people that he was had peak Tyson Chandler defensive ability in him, and it's showing.

Thibs has been much better this year. Last year he would not have pulled Randle in the 4th quarter like he did today.

Also: I could marry Josh Hart. What a fun player. It's like he was prototyped to play for Thibs.

Last edited:
If only Doc had opted to step away after the 2010 finals as he was mulling, Thibs would probably have become and maybe still be HC of the Celts.
Here's a fun thought...

He probably would have been fired earlier this year, among other bad moves, if Dolan wasn't distracted with the big U2 spherical music venue.

Didn't have a 1st round exit on my 2023 bucket list. Oh well. Injuries suck and combine that with a bad matchup for Milwaukee.

It's Boston's title to lose now.

Philly had Jimmy Buckets and somehow decided that keeping Tobias Harris and Ben Simmons was the way to go.

I know we don't talk enough about the Lakers here, but I must confess I'm glad they are beating the most unlikeable team in the sport.

I know we don't talk enough about the Lakers here, but I must confess I'm glad they are beating the most unlikeable team in the sport.

they truly are.

how memphis was able to go from the fun, up and coming team that everyone likes to the team full of assholes that nobody likes in 12 short months is truly impressive.

except for steven adams. everyone likes steven adams.

knicks / heat, celtics / 76ers, lakers / warriors and, eh, denver / phoenix.

great for TV ratings - really, really, really bad for trying to get players to, ya know, take the regular season seriously if we get Miami, Golden State and the LAKERS into the 2nd round.

good thing for sac and memphis that game 5 is at home. those are the only two series left here that have a chance to go either way. bucks are cooked.

also - uh - kawhi leonard? just retire and be done with it. everyone's tired of your shit.

Last edited:
I am quite enjoying LeBron… tiff? I don’t know what to call it. But it’s like these players never learn. How many times has LeBron been beaten by genuine competitors focused on winning (Golden State, San Antonio)… and how many times has LeBron beaten some clown who thinks they can get under his skin? Rookie mistakes.

Is it me or has the shooting been generally pretty bad so far in the playoffs? And I’m not taking about what you’d expect from tighter defenses - it just feels that so many wide open 3s are bricked. In the Cavs-Knicks series I don’t think either team cracked 30% from 3 in any of the games.

the more time passes, the more i realize how insanely lucky the raptors were to have a (mostly) healthy kawhi for the entire season and playoffs, and also how insanely lucky the raptors were that he left immediately after winning that championship.

the more time passes, the more i realize how insanely lucky the raptors were to have a (mostly) healthy kawhi for the entire season and playoffs, and also how insanely lucky the raptors were that he left immediately after winning that championship.
Us small market folks just gotta appreciate that trophy! After the Bucks complete one of the most embarrassing losses in playoff history, the first thing I'll be doing is putting on Game 6 of the 2021 Finals and all will be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom