My Popmart photos from Helsinki 1997

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hcbiggs2002

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Okay, finally scanned all my pics I took of U2s Pompmart gig in Helsinki that tpsreports2424 asked for....

IMG_001.jpg

IMG_002.jpg

IMG_003.jpg

Thanks guys, you're all too kind! :wink:

Yeah, these photos bring back a lot of memories for me too. Especially of the day the tickets for the concert went on sale here at 8:00 a.m. and me camping out by our phone ALL day (no cell phones back then!), and eating all my meals by the phone, until finally got through just a couple of minutes to 9:00 p.m.! They said the only tickets left where for seats by the side of the stage and coz of this, were a third of the price, I said "It wouldn't matter if the seats were behind the stage, so long as I'm inside the stadium!"!! *laughter* :rolleyes: I got the decided feeling that they were not used to dealing with such obsessed fans like yours truly!!! :lol:

But as you all can see from my pics, the stage didn't come out as far as the promoters had predicted, so I had quite a good view of the stage and screen and a couple of 100 more tickets went on sale (and were sold out!) on the day of the concert! :D

Back
Top Bottom