My friend got "U2 Fan- Shamed" last night!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for ruining a thread with lots of potential.

Could have been worse....the thread could have contained countless posts about "Leo" or "Calling peoples Churches" or other inside jokes of that nature that typical derail every other thread in this community.

I would argue I took us down the least annoying of the three inevitable options and definitely better than any of the political derailments that have occurred over the past year.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

that is a funny story.

right before we went into the Seattle 360 show, we were at a bar, and an early-20-something bartender (fat, lots of tats, basically nasty) was going off on us when she learned we were going to see U2. It was amusing how she had to remind us how OLD they were and so naturally uncool.

Of course, most chicks in Seattle - either natives or transplants - have developmental issues. So we just laughed at her.

Yeah they are old but their music holds up very well in my opinion and it doesn't invalidate their catalog and what they have created. I also find their new output to be good but, yeah, we all get old.

I mean if I heard someone listening to Bach, I wouldn't say "he is so old" as if that dismisses his talent and what he accomplished.

Could have been worse....the thread could have contained countless posts about "Leo" or "Calling peoples Churches" or other inside jokes of that nature that typical derail every other thread in this community.

I would argue I took us down the least annoying of the three inevitable options and definitely better than any of the political derailments that have occurred over the past year.

Larry is not on board with this post and he's calling your church. I just hope Bono is okay.

Leo.

that is a funny story.

right before we went into the Seattle 360 show, we were at a bar, and an early-20-something bartender (fat, lots of tats, basically nasty) was going off on us when she learned we were going to see U2. It was amusing how she had to remind us how OLD they were and so naturally uncool.

Of course, most chicks in Seattle - either natives or transplants - have developmental issues. So we just laughed at her.

We got us a ladies man right here

axver and BVS - I am so sad you don't approve of my post.

on the bright side, you are both living up to your reputations. so there's that.

So you're happy to be a misogynist?

Delete your account.

you guys are killing me. keep the humor coming! :applaud:

I joined this forum recently as you can see. based on the exchanges I have seen thus far it's pretty clear your moral outrage is pretty selective. I have seen a wide range of insults thus far, one member calling another 'a fucking idiot' for example. just in the last few days no less.

Now I'll admit my comment was crude, and I should have chosen my words more carefully. But misogynistic? Please. axver, get over yourself dude. if it were a guy behind the bar in my story I would have called him a fat pig. Would that make me anti-male? no.

I think you blokes have spent so much time mentally pleasuring one another that the selective outrage here is unfortunate but understandable.

But I would encourage you to see the bigger picture. After all, everything you know is wrong - haven't you heard???

Now I'll admit my comment was crude, and I should have chosen my words more carefully. But misogynistic? Please. axver, get over yourself dude. if it were a guy behind the bar in my story I would have called him a fat pig. Would that make me anti-male? no.

Yes, clearly it was only THAT comment.

Oh, your intellect is one to aspire to...

well it's pretty easy if we include your previous username's post history. but i don't know if we want to play that card quite yet.

Mate, you described "most chicks in Seattle" as having "developmental issues". That's when I played the misogyny card.

Your comment about the individual bartender was crude; your generalisation about the women of Seattle was misogynistic. Please, try to see the difference.

still got the exact same "i'm too smart for these people" posting style i see. :lmao: you should try harder with the next account you create.

man, i can't wait until the next big gun control debate in FYM. see you there!

Mate, you described "most chicks in Seattle" as having "developmental issues". That's when I played the misogyny card.

Your comment about the individual bartender was crude; your generalisation about the women of Seattle was misogynistic. Please, try to see the difference.

I am concerned about your selective outrage.

Honestly dude, it was a crass comment, which I own up to. I'm sure you've never made such a crass remark in your life. Lord bless you.

But really - there's a big, big difference between a crude comment and misogyny.

Please, try to see the difference.

Back
Top Bottom