My depressing confession of the week.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danospano

Refugee
I am extremely lonely.

I thought I was handling the breakup with my girlfriend pretty well, but I miss her so much.

To make matters worse, I ran into her and her new piece o' shit boyfriend, and I can't sleep or anything!!!!!!!

that's pretty awfull
but, just as I've been telling myself, you'll be better of in the long run

trust me,
I know that's not a consolation at all

:hug:

like Salome said...you'll be better in the long run...which is still hard to keep in mind.

we're here if you need us :heart:

Ex Girlfriends are the worst. They don?t fucking care of the past. Man, what should I tell you... that I had a call with someone who I spent nine years with, who I haven?t met for a year, me says "It doesn?t seem you miss a lot do you?" she says "Nope, why"...

I'm sorry dano...still caring about someone who doesn't feel the same way is the worst feeling in the world. We've all been there...some of us are there right now. Time heals.

Ugh that sucks. I went through that with my first boyfriend. We went out for 5 years. We broke up a few times but the last straw was when we broke up for the last time and I saw him driving around town with some chick in his car. It made me absolutely sick to my stomach. They then moved to Hawaii together a few months later :rant:

Needless to say it didnt work out and he was miserable.. but hey that's what he gets.

I've gone through the same thing, dano (except I haven't met the new guy), and yeah, it does suck big time. Surround yourself with friends...pick up a hobby or get back into an old one...do whatever you need to do to at least keep her as far away from the front of your mind as possible, and if you can get her out of your mind entirely, you're a stronger man than I...

I'm doing fine now, but every once in a while I'll see, smell, hear something that reminds me of her and I'll miss her as much as I did in those first few months after. But lately it's been turning into a good kind of nostalgia rather than the bitter kind.

Chin up...

I'm sorry about what you're going through dano. If it's any consolation, at all, even though I am married and have children and two dogs that are unbelievably loyal, I get lonely too. It's something inside that yearns. I think we all feel it and suffer with it at different times.
It's good you have friends here that care, you're lucky in that regard eh?
I'm not much good with advice. Try to see her in a different light maybe. Don't see it as a loss to you. You shared an experience, you learned things, you parted,she no longer has the benefit of you. Good luck...walk on.

cass said:
Don't see it as a loss to you. You shared an experience, you learned things, you parted,she no longer has the benefit of you. Good luck...walk on.

Cass said it perfectly. Dano, you know how it will end with this other guy, you know you had SO much to offer her, you know she'll realize that one day and miss the hell out of the life she could have had with you. I too know my words matter little when you're feeling down, but the pain will pass.

Sail.

I went through this a few months ago and yes it does royally blow. Probably the worst feeling in the world. In the long run youll be a better man for it. Maybe it means that there is someone waiting for you who is just that much better for you. At least that is one way I deal with it when I miss her. Time heals. just keep your mind as busy as you can.

Back
Top Bottom