My cat died last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stammer476

Refugee
Okay, I know this is silly. I'm a 23 year-old man. I have a wife, insurance payments, rent, a college degree, and too many responsibilities. I do not need to get sentimental over my mangy feline FINALY passing away.

But I can't help it. :(

I've had Britney for over 18 years. She seemed like a part of the family, and when I got home yesterday and I could tell she was getting ready to die, I couldn't help but feel the sadness. But it's good that she's gone. She's been in pretty bad shape for the last year, and especially the last few days. She's lived a very, very long life.

Again, I know this is silly, but I know this place is full of cat lovers like myself.

comfort.gif
If it makes you feel any better, I'm a 26 year old male who still uses the word "Kitty!" :shifty: In any case your Kitty is in a good place now :yes:

I'm so sorry for your loss....

I have three cats, and two of them are elderly ladies....I've been through a lot with them lately, and I really sympathize with you.

Pets become part of your family, and it's devastating when you lose them.

By the way, I still say "kitty", too.

I'm so sorry stammer, it's always hard to lose these babies that become a part of our family. I see your location is Detroit, I am a cat vet in Birmingham - if you ever need anything, feel free to email me, my address is in my sig.

:hug:

I am so sorry to hear that. I have 5 cats. Yes 5. My two girls are going to be 11 this year and one (my baby and first cat) is blind in one eye already. I am so sad for you because I know how sad I'd be. However, I am sure it is for the best and she is now in Kitty land playing with catnip toys and eating Fancy Feast. :hug:

:hug: it's not silly. after 18 years your cat was family. i remember when our kitty died [she was 17 at the time and a year younger than me] and it took me a long time to get over that.

I'm so sorry stammer. I don't have a cat now, but we had cats when I was growing up. My younger sister in New York has a cat and is just crazy about her. Losing a pet is like losing a member of the family. You loved her, played with her, and took care of her for eighteen years, now you've lost her. May God grant you the strength to pull through these difficult times. :hug:

I'm very sorry. :( :hug:

This is why I never wanted to have pets (but I already have two dogs), you get attached to them, love them, then they slowly start to get older until they die and the horrible pain comes. :sad:

I lost my cat when she was 18, too, and I'd had her all 18 years. I cried and cried and cried. :sad:

:hug: stammer :hug:

It's SO NOT silly Please dont think that. Cats are such wonderful creatures and companions and after being with you for 18 years of course you're going to be sad! I dont know what I would do if anything happened to my babies.

Hugs to you and your wife :hug:

I'm so sorry for you loss, stammer. You cat was a lucky kitty to live so long and with someone who loved her. You know, I always feel better about people who can become attached to and mourn a pet. It shows great capacity to care for your fellow beings -- so your family and friends (and any other pets you may have throughout your lifetime) benefit from this ability. I wish you well.

People who think a cat or a dog, etc, is just a pet are the ones who have never had an animal be a part of their family.

My thoughts will be with you. I know what it's like to lose a beloved four legged creature, and even when you know it was the right time, you will still ache like crazy for them.

I am so sorry. It is good that you are mourning. It means that you loved your cat. And I am sure that your baby loved you too. Adopt a kitten in rememberence when you are ready. Take it easy.

Sorry for your loss bro'

You had her for a long time, I wouldn't feel silly for being so attached to her.

I hope you are well.

Peace.

Back
Top Bottom