Museum Voor Oude Kunst, Brussels, Belgium Superthread (Six months!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, cos my attitude is that you are her biggest fan... :wink:
You shouldn't deny your feelings, Ax... celebrate your forbidden luuurve!!

</too much coke>

I may have admitted to enjoying or having enjoyed The Corrs, Matchbox 20, and Linkin Park, but Hannah is not on my list of embarrassing music secrets! :madspit:

Also, I'm being driven insane by something I was going to tell you and can't remember. Ugh. I'll blame it on all the medication I'm on right now turning my memory into a sieve.

*thinks Ax would have preferred that she'd stayed silent*

:D

How's the ears and such?

If you're going to accuse me of liking Miss Cyrus ...! :wink:

Saw the doctor again today because I've been getting increasingly deaf. He put me on some more medication (I have 7 tablets to take tomorrow morning!), and it's kicked in already. I managed to get my right ear to pop earlier, so I'm able to hear a little more now and I've been able to turn the TV down a bit. Still can't hear that well though, and the ringing hasn't gone away. If this is still not at a satisfactory level come Tuesday, I'll need a minor operation to suck out fluid from behind my ear drum. Yippee ...

If you're going to accuse me of liking Miss Cyrus ...! :wink:

Saw the doctor again today because I've been getting increasingly deaf. He put me on some more medication (I have 7 tablets to take tomorrow morning!), and it's kicked in already. I managed to get my right ear to pop earlier, so I'm able to hear a little more now and I've been able to turn the TV down a bit. Still can't hear that well though, and the ringing hasn't gone away. If this is still not at a satisfactory level come Tuesday, I'll need a minor operation to suck out fluid from behind my ear drum. Yippee ...
You HAD to go and use her name, didn't you... now I've got that banner ad too. :madspit:

Eew. Well, I hope you don't need the fluid sucking thing.... and it's such a relief when they finally pop, isn't it!
I imagine you'll want your ears in peak condition when DI kicks in properly :wink:

Have you been going to lectures? Or can you not hear them well enough...

You HAD to go and use her name, didn't you... now I've got that banner ad too. :madspit:

Eew. Well, I hope you don't need the fluid sucking thing.... and it's such a relief when they finally pop, isn't it!
I imagine you'll want your ears in peak condition when DI kicks in properly :wink:

Have you been going to lectures? Or can you not hear them well enough...

:evil: Had to make somebody else suffer it.

I miss listening to music so much! But even listening to TV is a bit laughable, so music's a real lost cause. I've been passing on lectures - I can barely even hear people when they're talking loudly to my face, so anybody further away might as well just be mouthing things. And going to tutorials would've just been a farce. It's especially irritating because I otherwise feel fine and I WANT to go to university!

I miss listening to music so much! But even listening to TV is a bit laughable, so music's a real lost cause. I've been passing on lectures - I can barely even hear people when they're talking loudly to my face, so anybody further away might as well just be mouthing things. And going to tutorials would've just been a farce. It's especially irritating because I otherwise feel fine and I WANT to go to university!

That does suck... your classes aren't as boring as last semester?

I probably should have stayed home when my voice went... but aside from that, I felt fine, so I came in... and everyone had to put up with raspy monotone Alison for a week. *L*

I GIVE UP. GAF's list does not want to be listened to.

I can't decide if it's our net that keeps cutting out, or if that particular hosting site is a pile of crap.

Holy crap, high drama in the 4x100m heats! All three medalists from Athens have been disqualified! The US and Nigeria totally fucked up their final change, while Great Britain made a more minor error on the final change that disqualified them.

So the four teams that actually managed to finish the first heat all got through to the final! Meanwhile, in the second heat, even the Jamaicans came close to disqualification but got through in the end.

That does suck... your classes aren't as boring as last semester?

I probably should have stayed home when my voice went... but aside from that, I felt fine, so I came in... and everyone had to put up with raspy monotone Alison for a week. *L*

I'm actually really enjoying my classes so far this semester. I've some cool stuff. So it's quite a pain to miss it.

Heh, yeah, I'd probably go if I had something like that. But the inability to hear people even when they're talking loudly in my face just is turning social interaction into a farce.

I GIVE UP. GAF's list does not want to be listened to.

I can't decide if it's our net that keeps cutting out, or if that particular hosting site is a pile of crap.

Hm, I've had problems before. Try another day and it may work.

i've only gotten to watch a little of the olympics, which makes me kinda sad, but i've heard stories about drama galore. fucking chinese gymnast fell and still got bronze ahead of our girl. etc.

what's up folks?

Vazza! :wave:

Can't believe the postwhorehouse beast has made it to six months.

ali i majorly thought of you when i met these 2 british guys in sofia, bulgaria, who had just ifnished 6 weeks of thesis research for their geology degree, mapping in some remote village in bulgaria.

:fuckyeah:
:rockon:

Heh, yeah, I'd probably go if I had something like that. But the inability to hear people even when they're talking loudly in my face just is turning social interaction into a farce.
And they can't even try sign language... :wink:

Hm, I've had problems before. Try another day and it may work.
Well, this is the third day it's been a bitch. The other two bits came through eventually... :shrug:

Wazzup Vazza? :D

Can't believe the postwhorehouse beast has made it to six months.
It's not that hard to believe... the other chat threads have had long and rich histories :wink:

ali i majorly thought of you when i met these 2 british guys in sofia, bulgaria, who had just ifnished 6 weeks of thesis research for their geology degree, mapping in some remote village in bulgaria.
Awesome! :lol:

Rocks. :up:

i've only gotten to watch a little of the olympics, which makes me kinda sad, but i've heard stories about drama galore. fucking chinese gymnast fell and still got bronze ahead of our girl. etc.

what's up folks?

With being sick, I've become addicted to the Games after initially not expecting to pay much attention. The Chinese gymnasts have been dodgy, mostly because there's no way some of them achieve the minimum age limit.

Honestly, though, China and the US winning every second medal has got really tedious. I've enjoyed it much more when the little known countries like Bahrain and Togo and Tajikistan have picked up medals.

ax what classes are you taking this semester?

Historical Theory & Research (prep for Honours next year)
Aboriginal & Pacific Islander Histories
International Relations & Its Others
Global Environmental Politics

The first two are FANTASTIC and I actually get to write on Kiwi history. My Aboriginal & Pacific Islander Histories lecturer is actually a New Zealander (I've used her work before as a source on women's suffrage) and she's really excited by one of my custom topic proposals and is quite enthusiastic that I do it.

the last two sound great too, especially enviro politics, one of the things i wish i'd managed to get more into so now i'm gonna read a lot about.

what is "its others" in reference to IR?

Holy shit, I actually saw taekwondo on Olympics coverage today!

Then I remembered that it's only really half a martial art, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom