Museum Voor Oude Kunst, Brussels, Belgium Superthread (Six months!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, all the food in this infomercial looks delicious. If I ever find a Magic Bullet at CVS or Walgreens I'm buying one.

:giggle: here's a website explaining: http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/

if you don't want to read through it or see pics, here's a synopsis from the guy who did this:
The P-P-P-Powerbook is a fake Apple G4 Powerbook that was made for a scammer.

I had a legitimate auction to sell a real one, when someone attempted to scam me. After a series of emails back and forth with our scammer, I made a fake laptop, valued at $2100, and with the help of many donations from a lot of people form SA, send it to him in London. Then our scammer would pay a huge tax fee for what he that was his new Apple G4, but merely an old 3 ring binder with keyboard keys taped on.

On two occasions, a few of our London goons: Starbucks, Pipski, Lapsey, and Rhig, infiltrated the scammers address - a barber shop/internet cafe, in an attempt to capture the scammers reaction on either; video, voice, or picture.

:lmao: This is fucking fantastic!

The Australian announcer is the best part of the informercial. Him and his stereotypical Aussie comments :lmao:

i know! it's hilarious. that was back when i was a regular poster of the forum mentioned in the story, something awful. it was classic.

What confuses me, though, is the epilogue. It says Jeff was never heard from again, but it also says his e-mail was sent a virus. How would they know that without him telling them?

What confuses me, though, is the epilogue. It says Jeff was never heard from again, but it also says his e-mail was sent a virus. How would they know that without him telling them?
ooh yeah, i remember that. i think he meant he never personally emailed him, just did all that wannabe hacking stuff? i dunno :lol:

The more I think about it, I actually think he was from Liverpool, but he kept saying thing's like "Bob's your uncle"

Liverpool, Australia, same place! :lol:

Actually, I think we do have our own Liverpool somewhere ...

I want to know how easy it is to accidently press the alarm on the life alert. I mean, I wonder how many accidental calls emergency services receive from life alert users sleeping on their stomach.

Khan and Ashley, did you run Kim and Ian off with your infomercial talk? :tsk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom