MUSE Part 5, where fan boys are welcomed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for Muse. Willing to mix it up as they go. The setlist looks very similar to the '07 tour. Unfortunate that New Born was dropped, but you got Map and Take A Bow.

Guess you'll be full of joy tomorrow too :hyper:

But since the average height of these 15 year old boys was 5'3", GA worked out very sweet for me although I must have looked like The Accidental Giant Cougar.

:giggle: That was my experience at 2007 Sydney gig as well, I was the oldest (and tallest) person around in GA that I could see. Personally, I prefer to think of myself as Matt, Dom and Chris' contemporary :wink:

Nice to hear that you enjoyed your shows!

Good for Muse. Willing to mix it up as they go. The setlist looks very similar to the '07 tour. Unfortunate that New Born was dropped, but you got Map and Take A Bow.

Guess you'll be full of joy tomorrow too :hyper:

and I got New Born the night before. Before these two shows I said to myself if I got Map or Bliss, I would be happy. Having not followed any setlists, I was still surprised to get Map. It's one of my favorites and there I was assuming Uprising would be next and I, well... I screamed...what else could I do? :wink:

It was also just a perfect concert experience. I was in the first row on the side a couple of sections down from the stage on Chris's side which angled me for a perfect view of Matt. A perfect view, period, actually. Like with U2's tour, this was a show better enjoyed further back for the whole view of the show and it was spectacular. I didn't really pay attention to the videos in Abq because it hurt my neck looking up (but I can say for sure that Matt looks great in those red pants close up).

Man, the first row kind of gets a girl a little spoiled. I don't want any other seat from now on.

And the energy was fantastic. The people up in the nosebleeds were on their feet dancing, and I was surrounded by great people of all ages.

Matt apologized for having to postpone the show last spring and said something like, "Our equipment got stuck in a snowstorm and we can't play for shit acoustic."

:giggle: That was my experience at 2007 Sydney gig as well, I was the oldest (and tallest) person around in GA that I could see. Personally, I prefer to think of myself as Matt, Dom and Chris' contemporary :wink:

Nice to hear that you enjoyed your shows!

We have a lot of short people in New Mexico because of the Hispanic and Native American population so I always feel kind of big. In Denver I am back to being of average height. :wink:

It was also just a perfect concert experience. I was in the first row on the side a couple of sections down from the stage on Chris's side which angled me for a perfect view of Matt. A perfect view, period, actually. Like with U2's tour, this was a show better enjoyed further back for the whole view of the show and it was spectacular. I didn't really pay attention to the videos in Abq because it hurt my neck looking up (but I can say for sure that Matt looks great in those red pants close up).

Man, the first row kind of gets a girl a little spoiled. I don't want any other seat from now on.

And the energy was fantastic. The people up in the nosebleeds were on their feet dancing, and I was surrounded by great people of all ages.

Matt apologized for having to postpone the show last spring and said something like, "Our equipment got stuck in a snowstorm and we can't play for shit acoustic."

lol at Matt's comment. I am really happy for your experience. When I was in L.A. my seat was pretty much dead center front of the stage on the lower level. So I was looking at it from a far and I was able to enjoy the full effects of the lasers and graphics on the towers. It was pretty. :love:
I have now seen the show in 4 different perspectives and I have to say the seats are the way to go for me. I loved being behind the stage in NYC because Dom and Matt played often to the back and I didn't mind that at all. :sexywink:

I love that cover-it's alternately swoon-worthy and hilarious all at once. I just love how they go from a slow, "Aw, ain't this sweet" style in the verses to hyper rocking out "Raaaawwwwr" in the chorus :laugh:. The clip was from 2002, wasn't it?

joyfulgirl, glad you had a great time at both of your shows (and yay for changed up setlists!). Lucky you with your great seats as well-I didn't get that lucky when I saw Muse a few years back :angry:. Hmph. No surprise Denver's show was so energetic, though-that city knows how to please when artists come to town, when my family would see concerts there the crowds were always amazing and really into the shows. And :up: to the band for their comments about why they had to change the date of the show, too, that's cool that they noted that and apologized for that.

Also cool that a half-full venue in New Mexico didn't keep the guys away, too-we really need to fix that problem here in the States. Muse should be surrounded by concertgoers. Thanks for the commentary, to you and to everyone else. I'm living vicariously through you guys :D.

As for Muse making people horny...um, I'm pleading the fifth on that :shifty:.

Angela

Also cool that a half-full venue in New Mexico didn't keep the guys away, too-we really need to fix that problem here in the States.

I don't know...I think somebody might have gotten fired for booking them in Rio Rancho, NM! I'm sure the booking agent probably thought it would be like the 2007 tour when they played venues that size and had a strong turnout. But this had to have been a flat out disaster from the band's point of view. They cut the set short but still put on a great show. Honestly, Rio Rancho felt a bit like a high school gym. Really pathetic but I'm happy they didn't cancel it, and it was still fun to see them in such a bizarre situation. And I am also extremely glad I already had plans to see them in Denver before the Rio Rancho show was even scheduled so that I actually got to see the show the way it was intended to be.

Gah...with so many of my favorite people on Twitter, I'm really, really tempted to cave in to the Twitter craze and create an account of my own and follow them...

I don't know...I think somebody might have gotten fired for booking them in Rio Rancho, NM! I'm sure the booking agent probably thought it would be like the 2007 tour when they played venues that size and had a strong turnout.

Possibly that, yeah. Who knows. I appreciate their attempt to try and get the band some more continued exposure, at least.

But this had to have been a flat out disaster from the band's point of view. They cut the set short but still put on a great show. Honestly, Rio Rancho felt a bit like a high school gym. Really pathetic

That's really a shame :(. I can only imagine-but then again, I'm sure they've been in similar situations before. Every band's gotta go through that humbling experience at least once :p. But I wouldn't blame the band for being a bit disappointed nonetheless.

but I'm happy they didn't cancel it, and it was still fun to see them in such a bizarre situation. And I am also extremely glad I already had plans to see them in Denver before the Rio Rancho show was even scheduled so that I actually got to see the show the way it was intended to be.

At least it all had a happy ending of some kind, though, for all involved. So yay :)! Again, I'm so happy you had a good time.

Angela

Chris is no longer the "normal" member of Muse:

p7od.jpg

I love all the twitter activity lately!
I hope Chris can organize a game in NY/NJ. Doubt it, but :hmm:

How many are going to the Prudential Center? I'm alone this time around and would love to meet some of you. I'm not that active but I still need the "blue crack"!

I also have another GA ticket for this night. My friend can no longer attend.:sad:

Jess x

Chris is no longer the "normal" member of Muse:

Why Chris? WHY? Wasn't that black and white monstrosity bad enough? :doh:

Chris is one competitive guy.. Plays footie well.. but is determined to master golf. LOL

:yes:

Agreed. There is nothing 'normal' about that suit. :yikes: :lol:

That suit has left me at a complete loss for words.

How many are going to the Prudential Center? I'm alone this time around and would love to meet some of you. I'm not that active but I still need the "blue crack"!

I also have another GA ticket for this night. My friend can no longer attend.:sad:

Jess x

Hello! :wave: I'll be at this show, but no GA for me this time. :sad: Will you be doing the whole queuing at the crack of dawn thing?

damnit, they played football 10 mins away from me today and i missed it

:wave: No queuing at the crack of dawn for me! More like 2pm, possibly. First time in GA for Muse. I'm actually nervous.:reject:

Just be prepared. It is not organized like U2 GA lines are. Chaotic and stressful are the words that come to mind. I did GA for 2 shows in march and depending on the venue security staff and how they decided to run things.. I would check the NJ thread at muse.mu message boards for the consensus on what's going on.

Jess x

I'll be there too, but I have seats.

:wave: No queuing at the crack of dawn for me! More like 2pm, possibly. First time in GA for Muse. I'm actually nervous.:reject:

Don't be. Once the show starts you'll wonder what you were ever nervous about. I speak from experience. :reject:

Just be prepared. It is not organized like U2 GA lines are. Chaotic and stressful are the words that come to mind. I did GA for 2 shows in march and depending on the venue security staff and how they decided to run things.. I would check the NJ thread at muse.mu message boards for the consensus on what's going on.

That definitely doesn't sound like a fun way to start a show :angry: From what I've read in the Newark thread, people with GA plan to queue early.

Honestly...I'm not huge on getting barrier, etc...

The nerves are about being too old and/or out of shape to deal with the front.:lol: I'm more than content if need be, to rock out in the back by the sound desk. Might get to say hello to Mr. Kirk. :sexywink:

Eh, I'm old and survived LA2 GA with no scrapes or bruises. Admittedly, I was hanging out near the sound desk all night. :lol: I would definitely do it again because I had so much fun, and the energy from the crowd was great.

I was looking at the schedules & pricing for the Voodoo Festival last night.... just out of boredom & fantasy. No way we can make it, but damn wouldn't that be great? See Muse on Tuesday night in Raleigh, then high tail it to Nawlins for a Halloween weekend full of Muse, Florence & the Machine, Ozzy, Cage the Elephant, etc. etc.??? :drool:

Alas, alack, it is not to be. :sigh: Happy to have Raleigh to look forward to though - it's gonna' rock!!! :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom