Movie Reviews Part the 12th: Does Gimli hate file conversions as well? Stay tuned!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Django Unchained 9/10. Okay this is right up my alley. It was hilarious, brutal, emotional and satisfying. Tarantino is great with setting things up and paying them off. The anguish of the injured was so forceful it made you stand up and notice. Every gunshot to the knee cap and every whip to the back was not indifferent. I liked it a little better than Inglourious Basterds. The violence was appropriate and over-the-top. I thought both Jackson and DiCaprio deserve some nominations. Will Smith missed an opportunity to be in this movie. Oh well, Foxx gets the kudos. Waltz was great as usual. I didn't find any of it boring and I can't wait for what Tarantino has next up his sleeve.

Okay, so Life of Pi .... I want to see it for the amazing visuals. Do I need to see it in 3D, or is it equally stunning in the other format?

I'm really not, and sometimes it bugs my eyes. But what I read about the movie made it sound like it wasn't a fair comparison to compare this use of 3D to movies like Avatar or other action movies that use it. Hugo didn't bother me too much in 3D, but I don't know that I found it to do much for the movie.

It's only showing in Seattle at a couple of theaters, and only once or twice each day, so my options are a little limited. I'm planning on seeing a few movies over the long weekend and will see what works best for my plans.

Les Miserables-I thought Hugh Jackman was just awesome. Right now I might get carried away and give him the Oscar over Daniel Day Lewis. I know that sounds insane and I would probably come to my senses at some point, if I could actually vote. He made me believe he was that character 100%, not just Hugh Jackman breaking out into song over and over again.

I thought the movie was too long and dragged at some points. More dialogue mixed in with the singing might have helped with that. Anne Hathaway was hardly in it, but her version of I Dreamed A Dream was a real tear jerker for me. Other than that, well she cuts her hair and looks dirty and very thin- just didn't utilize enough of her talent. I guess that just follows the play accurately? But the pain did feel real when she did that song.

Overall I did enjoy it very much, would probably give it an 8 out of 10. I've never seen the play :reject: I also thought Elizabeth Barks was very good, I think that's her name. She was barely in it, but that''s the part that was supposedly going to Taylor Swift. I think tons of actresses and singers tried out for it.

I also thought Elizabeth Barks was very good, I think that's her name. She was barely in it, but that''s the part that was supposedly going to Taylor Swift. I think tons of actresses and singers tried out for it.

It's Samantha Barks ;)

I'll be seeing this later today and when I get back, I'll give my review!

Yeah that's it. Maybe I was randomly thinking of Elizabeth Banks because of Barks. Odd juxtaposition.

I think Samantha Barks was in Les Mis the play-and some sort of talent reality show in Britain maybe? I watched some Les Mis clips on Comcast On Demand and there was some mention of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom