Mount Tarawera, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm the usual - slightly tired thanks to U2, but at least the website's coming along well ...

I could use some breakfast. Shame I'll have to, you know, make it myself and stuff.

That's cool.

Darn not having a personal chef.

What other images are kind of representative of ZooTV/The Fly? I've got the ZooTV color bars, the ZooBaby, the actual slogans flashing on the screen for "The Fly" from ZooTV and the revamping for Vertigo...

any other ideas? I'm thinking maybe a TV, but I'm not sure what sort.

I might see if PLEBA has any scans of the zoorotisements from the ZooTV DVD/Tour Programme.

no spoilers no spoilers no spoilers. i'm afraid to even try to figure out about the GA procedures and if they were annoucned for fear of spoilers.

no spoilers no spoilers no spoilers. i'm afraid to even try to figure out about the GA procedures and if they were annoucned for fear of spoilers.

No GA procedures known yet.

Will PM you if I find any out, but I don't expect to know before you head off to Barcelona.

By the way, how much do I owe you/NSW for Paris tickets? Would it perhaps be easier for you to pay NSW for me, then I pay you back in CHF?

i'll let you know soon about tickets - when do you leave? i haven't asked him.

:( well i leave the evening of the 29th and i'm planning to meet him at the hotel to drop my stuff and then we're probably getting in line very, very early on the 30th, we havne't totally decided. i'd feel a fool to be the only ones in line while it's still dark out or whatever for hours, but i wanna be front and center!

p.s. omg we're all gonna meet! CRAZY!

also we have to make a plan about that. not sure if i'll get online in barcelona, but will be back in switzerland from 3-6th before I go to Milan.

i'll let you know soon about tickets - when do you leave? i haven't asked him.

:( well i leave the evening of the 29th and i'm planning to meet him at the hotel to drop my stuff and then we're probably getting in line very, very early on the 30th, we havne't totally decided. i'd feel a fool to be the only ones in line while it's still dark out or whatever for hours, but i wanna be front and center!

I leave very early on 6 July. I'd like to get all my currency sorted by the end of June. Let me know what suits you best and I doubt it'll be any problem for me.

Are you aware there will (probably) be a dress rehearsal gig at Camp Nou on 29/06? It's reportedly for only 500 people, but past experience says fans waiting outside usually get let in ...

you're buying currency there instead of using ATMs? usually you get better rates with ATM exchange and you don't have to be nervously carrying around tons of cash.

i don't get to barcelona til 8pm. so with dropping my stuff at the hotel that puts me at camp nou 9pm earliest. nsw adamently doesn't want to attend, cause he wants to be unspoiled for opening night, but if it is an intimate 500 person thing i totally would...if getting there at 9pm would do me any good. what do you think?

you're buying currency there instead of using ATMs? usually you get better rates with ATM exchange and you don't have to be nervously carrying around tons of cash.

i don't get to barcelona til 8pm. so with dropping my stuff at the hotel that puts me at camp nou 9pm earliest. nsw adamently doesn't want to attend, cause he wants to be unspoiled for opening night, but if it is an intimate 500 person thing i totally would...if getting there at 9pm would do me any good. what do you think?

I also get slugged epic fees for using ATMs. I'm getting these cash passport things so that I can use ATMs in Europe without being killed by fees, but I will also get a small amount of paper currency for when I arrive, and I was thinking I'd get however much I owe you/NSW in paper currency so I can give it to you as soon as we meet, without having to stuff around at an ATM. (I'm more comfortable carrying concealed large amounts of currency than withdrawing said large amounts quite visibly from an ATM.)

9pm, you may get in. Apparently the band aren't meant to take the stage for the actual two gigs until 10pm? I imagine the dress rehearsal wouldn't be much earlier.

I also get slugged epic fees for using ATMs. I'm getting these cash passport things so that I can use ATMs in Europe without being killed by fees, but I will also get a small amount of paper currency for when I arrive, and I was thinking I'd get however much I owe you/NSW in paper currency so I can give it to you as soon as we meet, without having to stuff around at an ATM. (I'm more comfortable carrying concealed large amounts of currency than withdrawing said large amounts quite visibly from an ATM.)

9pm, you may get in. Apparently the band aren't meant to take the stage for the actual two gigs until 10pm? I imagine the dress rehearsal wouldn't be much earlier.
fair enough. my bank of america was murdering me on atm fees, i'm closing the account first thing when i get back to the us. but they have free bnp paribas withdrawals so i'll make use in paris. i guess i don't get the carrying vs withdrawing, i withdraw rent all the time in broad daylight it's fine, but that's personal preference.

i think barcelona's hella hot and by 10pm it cools off a bit. and i'm not sure if that's when the concert starts or when they take the stage; with an opener and set change it might not be til after 11! but the dress might be more like 10...or who the hell knows. let me know if you hear anything else, i noticed IGWSHA on u2gigs.com and quickly closed it so i'm pretty much walling everything off. (and listening to pop.) so yeah, i might give it a try, and at least could scope out the scene for a few hours later lining up!

10 pm? Are they waiting till nightfall for even the supporting acts to go on?

10 pm? Are they waiting till nightfall for even the supporting acts to go on?
the tickets say 10pm where other ones say 8pm or whatever on them...the lady who i emailed with, whose competency is obviously questionable, said "We don't know yet the exact time schedchule, I think the venues will we open since 17o'clock" so who the fuck knows, that's 5 hours early!

the tickets say 10pm where other ones say 8pm or whatever on them...the lady who i emailed with, whose competency is obviously questionable, said "We don't know yet the exact time schedchule, I think the venues will we open since 17o'clock" so who the fuck knows, that's 5 hours early!
Wow. That's crazy.

fair enough. my bank of america was murdering me on atm fees, i'm closing the account first thing when i get back to the us. but they have free bnp paribas withdrawals so i'll make use in paris. i guess i don't get the carrying vs withdrawing, i withdraw rent all the time in broad daylight it's fine, but that's personal preference.

i think barcelona's hella hot and by 10pm it cools off a bit. and i'm not sure if that's when the concert starts or when they take the stage; with an opener and set change it might not be til after 11! but the dress might be more like 10...or who the hell knows. let me know if you hear anything else, i noticed IGWSHA on u2gigs.com and quickly closed it so i'm pretty much walling everything off. (and listening to pop.) so yeah, i might give it a try, and at least could scope out the scene for a few hours later lining up!

Ah, sorry, got caught up working on something. So you're probably gone now. But if you check back, this is the dress rehearsal article (no spoilers): Dress rehearsal concert? - U2gigs.com

Local media have now started to report on it so I think it'll happen.

Goodnight! :wave:

Why do I even fucking bother participate in DI? I made the best list I could, flowing immaculately while both playing to myself and to the crowd and I'm gonna get trounced. Fuck.

:|

My brother--not the puppy, not my guinea pig, not the old deaf and blind dog--my brother chewed the earbuds off the cords for my iPod.

Why do I even fucking bother participate in DI? I made the best list I could, flowing immaculately while both playing to myself and to the crowd and I'm gonna get trounced. Fuck.

You made the fucking semi-finals. What are you complaining about?

Plus you're only one vote behind right now, Andrew! I've no idea what your issue is.

Look what happened to my list. With the possible exception of DI V, I think it's the finest thing I've entered into the tournament and did anybody even fucking listen to it? OH NOEZ TEH INSTRUMMENTUL. The reason I even brought DI to the forum in the first place was to introduce people to new music, but if anybody dares to do anything outside the box of B&C's cliches, nobody really wants to know.

So. Over a month ago, I order this hoodie. $50US. See how it's quite clearly grey, and a hoodie? This is important.

u2t45847.jpg

Today, I receive a package in the mail. "ohh good", I think, "It's finally arrived"
BUT NO!!!

p1050978e.jpg

$30US BLACK T SHIRT. Not even close!!! I mean, seriously, for fuck's SAKE!
Angry emails all round. :madspit:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom