Most impressive tour lighting and stage set up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Strictly speaking about stage set up and lighting and NOT songs or performances, which tour is everyone's favorite?

Vertigo/Elevation/Popmart/ZooTV/Lovetown/RedRocks/Other?

The only one I've been to is Vertigo so I have no other first hand experience to compare with. :sad:

Of course from what I've seen of Popmart and ZooTV on video, they were really impressive!

But technology wise, Vertigo's light curtains, intricate setup and the circling ellipse lights looked too cool...
40883DSCN0164-med.JPG

Your thoughts?

Technically, Popmart. When everything was working of course (eyes the broken bits of the big screen and the Lemon door)....

I think there's got to make difference between Vertigo in arenas and Vertigo in the european stadiums. There's lot of differences.
The Vertigo in NA was more intimate but the european shows were more impressive and the feeling of stadium was there. The European stage was bigger and it had a big scenario like Popmart

But I go with Popmart... It was the most impressive

Zootlesque said:

holy crap this picture is awesome :drool:

the problem with the vertigo tour is when the curtains aren't being used, which is like 80% of the time, it looks exactly like the elevation tour. plus, i dont thinkt he curtains are thaaaat impressive looking.

so i'd go with popmart, then zootv

ive never seen the spotlights used during popmart like that. it looks like the beginning of streets, that must have been fucking amazing.

Strictly lighting, Vertigo is my favorite. The ellipse, the stage and the arena balconys lit up, the lightbulb curtain...

Stage setup, probably Zoo TV.

Last edited:
I have a fascination with Zoo-era shows. If I could transport myself back in time, that's the tour I'd want a ticket to. :drool: I love the media commentary theme of it all, and how it was such a break with U2's past, both musically and astectically.

ZooTVindoors.jpg

I did have a ticket for Popmart in Toronto, but I was too wrapped up in university to go :huh: *beats self with large rock*

Of the two shows I have seen, Elevation and Vertigo, I'll give the nod to the latter. It just seems more gutsy and not aiming to please like Elevation.

angelordevil said:
I have a fascination with Zoo-era shows. If I could transport myself back in time, that's the tour I'd want a ticket to. :drool: I love the media commentary theme of it all, and how it was such a break with U2's past, both musically and astectically.

agreed :drool:

I can't decide between Popmart and ZooTV. That big screen is so fucking stunning, but I love the rather chaotic setup of ZooTV.

So I guess those two first, Vertigo second. Vertigo looks fantastic and I am really not getting the Elevation comparisons. It's a lot more visually impressive than Elevation.

Chizip said:
ive never seen the spotlights used during popmart like that. it looks like the beginning of streets, that must have been fucking amazing.

Yeah, that pic caught me by surprise too! How fucking exhilirating would it have been with those huge lights beaming into the sky and the screen brimming red and the Streets riff just about to start?!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

ohhh man, I was going to say ZooTV all the way but with all of these orgasmic PopMart pix

I don't know anymore :shrug:

all these pictures are amazing guys! popmart is pretty impressive, but i think i'll have to go with zootv. it really rubs me the right way...

I refuse to choose between Popmart and ZooTV.

They were both so incredible that I have in the past said, and still say, I'd give my left nut to go back and see either one of them, to have that experience.

The only show I've seen was Vertigo and I loved a lot the setting ;) When you are there and you see it with your eyes, you're like "wahhh!".

But when I look at the pics, I see that Popmart looked great too. Too bad I was too young to assist to that show ;)

Back
Top Bottom