Miscellaneous Pictures #44

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't even know Juanes could play guitar that good.
Liked most of his performance. I think Gaga rocked her sox of as well.
Such a great live act. I have no idea the the country guy was! Just not my thing.

Not a country fan either. The guy sitting in front of us was a friend of that band's guitarist though and he said he'd had dinner with them and told us Stevie Wonder was going to open. He was excited to tell someone he had some inside info so when Stevie kicked off the show we were all yeah! :D :lol:
I do really enjoy shows like this because you get to see performers live that you probably would never have gone to see otherwise, and it's always great to see new surprises when a performer really puts on a great live show. :applaud:

There really are not many pics around yet from this show. I can upload a bit more later. For now there's this one that makes me :D

ClintonDecadeofDifference10-15-2011Bono1.jpg

I received an e-mail earlier today from Amazon saying that they've shipped my official U2 2012 calendar :hyper:

It's strange because I ordered the calendar together with the AB box set and a couple of other cd's and books and when I ordered it there was no definite date for the calendar to be shipped, so I expected it to arrive much later, but in fact it's the first thing I'm getting because all the other stuff will be shipped together at the end of October.

Can't wait to have that thing on my bedroom wall. From all I've seen it contains some amazing tour pictures.

I have the official calendar too. I actually received it a few weeks ago. It is nice. I should scan some of it but I thought the pics were on the grainy side to make good scans.

:giggle: :up: ^

You know actually, in the official calendar, Bono gets the least attention of all. If you count group photos, Bono is in the calendar 4 times, and one of those is super blurry, and in one of the group shots Adam is the dominant one. :shifty:
Edge, Larry, and Adam are each in it 6 times. ;)

This one is definitely for the fans who want less Bono. :wink: If you get super technical and count pics where they are in the background etc, the other guys count goes to 6-8 times. Bono = still just 4. (And that's counting the cover pic which is not for any certain month in 2012, but is on the pre-2012 1st page.)

I'll see if I can get some scans later today. :)

This one is definitely for the fans who want less Bono. :wink: If you get super technical and count pics where they are in the background etc, the other guys count goes to 6-8 times. Bono = still just 4. (And that's counting the cover pic which is not for any certain month in 2012, but is on the pre-2012 1st page.)

Scans would be great :hug:

bonocomet said:

You know actually, in the official calendar, Bono gets the least attention of all. If you count group photos, Bono is in the calendar 4 times, and one of those is super blurry, and in one of the group shots Adam is the dominant one. :shifty:

From what I've seen of it it's lovely :)
But I won't be truly happy till there's a calendar just of Larry ;)

I have the official calendar too. I actually received it a few weeks ago. It is nice. I should scan some of it but I thought the pics were on the grainy side to make good scans.

scans please!

I have no use for a calendar but I'd like to see what it looks like. I don't work in an office and I use my computer for everything vs a paper calendar. I only have one spot where it would look good to have it hanging so I'd get one to hang up just for the heck of it so I could have one more U2 pic to look at but my cat ripped my last one off the wall a few times. Then the final time I came home to find he ripped the calendar off the wall and then ripped it to shreds. :heart:

I'll try to get some scans, but... the calendar is bigger than my scanner and on top of that all of the photos take up the full top part and extend beyond the spine into the bottom half where the calendar dates are. Plus many of the pics are intentionally super grainy. It's like they purposely wanted to make it crappy for scanning. :grumpy:

:hmm: ok looking at it more, no way I can get a decent scan of these photos, they're too big. Maybe someone has a bigger scanner. I may try just taking some photos and see how that looks.

I'll try to get some scans, but... the calendar is bigger than my scanner and on top of that all of the photos take up the full top part and extend beyond the spine into the bottom half where the calendar dates are. Plus many of the pics are intentionally super grainy. It's like they purposely wanted to make it crappy for scanning. :grumpy:

if they don't fit on your scanner you can just scan the parts that Edge is in....I'm not interested in seeing anything else :flirt:

if they don't fit on your scanner you can just scan the parts that Edge is in....I'm not interested in seeing anything else :flirt:

I was all ready to tell you that Edge is too big to do that. :sexywink: But I checked and actually he will fit. It's Bono, Larry, and Adam who are all too big. :shifty:

By the way one of the Edge pics is the old one from before the tour started where he's on the bike on the 360 stage, so I don't need to scan that one since we already have it in huge hi-res.

The other thing that's kind of neat about it is that on each page there is a little sketch of the design stages the claw went through. (Too bad they are repeated though and not 12 different designs)

I was all ready to tell you that Edge is too big to do that. :sexywink: But I checked and actually he will fit. It's Bono, Larry, and Adam who are all too big. :shifty:

By the way one of the Edge pics is the old one from before the tour started where he's on the bike on the 360 stage, so I don't need to scan that one since we already have it in huge hi-res.

The other thing that's kind of neat about it is that on each page there is a little sketch of the design stages the claw went through. (Too bad they are repeated though and not 12 different designs)

:sexywink: thanks!

This is why I am going to be a silly-fangirl and make my own courtesy of Shutterfly/or Snapfish. I can have all the damn Bono I want.

This is why I am going to be a silly-fangirl and make my own courtesy of Shutterfly/or Snapfish. I can have all the damn Bono I want.

I made calendars on Snapfish after the Vertigo tour a few years in a row. :drool: They usually have a holiday sale every year so it was a decent price. Mine was mainly Edge with a few of those other guys thrown in :)

so you have a scanner :sexywink:?

Yes, but I'm afraid the calendar is too big for my scanner.

:grumpy:

Then I might send it back.

Or I might just keep the cover pic on my wall for the whole year.

I. Want. More. Bono.

*** goes and makes her own calendar out of a gazillion lovely Bono pics ***

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom