Minneapolis Setlist Watch and Party, Part III - DO NOT POST U2.COM SETLIST!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AtomicBono said:

Wow, so do you think U2 played Crumbs partially because of that??

People, get your Dirty Day and Mofo banners ready :drool:

i think they have been working on it but I really think they are taking fan requests into consideration this leg

timothius said:

In a way thats immensly sweet, but in another way thats more disturbing. :shrug:

If they come to Australia I will encourage some female friends to hold a sign stating "I underwent gender alteration surgery to dance with you". :cute:

It'll be a moment.

:lol:

shades of the crying game

nurse chrissi said:

i think they have been working on it but I really think they are taking fan requests into consideration this leg

well there are confirmed reports of Mofo being soundchecked and didn't someone say Bono told them they're working on Dirty Day??

this might be the best tour ever.

If I lose 20 pounds to dance with Bono, will that be impressive enough? :wink:

mobvok said:
I think asking how much influence Willie Williams had on the setlist is very reasonable. We've had The First Time, Walk On, and Crumbs From Your Table spontaneously emerge in sets, and two of those have never been played before. Clearly *something* has changed since the second leg ended, and WW is a worthy target to ask about.

Willie missed the end of the European leg too and you didn't see variation then.

Queen Bee said:

Partially? Entirely :yes:

If it was full band, they had to have rehearsed it at some point. :huh: I agree with you that it was because of the fans, but why were they holding out for a fan's request in the first place?

Axver said:

Willie missed the end of the European leg too and you didn't see variation then.

I think it is harder to mix it up in larger venues. Did anyone check out Edge's interview on U2.com. He says so in so many words, like it is easier to try things in arenas (America) moreso than stadiums (the rest of the world) :shrug:

can someone get out a SALOME sign? LOL

mexican.gif

mobvok said:

If it was full band, they had to have rehearsed it at some point. :huh: I agree with you that it was because of the fans, but why were they holding out for a fan's request in the first place?

maybe they want to know there is serious demand for the song...

just curious, does U2 realize that out of their entire fan community Acrobat is probably the song people want them to play the most?

mobvok said:

They weren't they probably rehearsed it 40 odd times between Mexico/Toronto etc and found it incredibly easy to just pull it out.

AtomicBono said:

maybe they want to know there is serious demand for the song...

just curious, does U2 realize that out of their entire fan community Acrobat is probably the song people want them to play the most?

Perhaps, and they are waiting to play it at their last gig ever!!

Axver said:

Yeah, but he announced his exit *during* the leg, right? It isn't hard for me to imagine that U2 decided to keep going with their 2nd leg strategy to its conclusion.

But regardless of that, no matter which way you cut it, this is an exciting time to be in a setlist thread! :wink:

kakvox said:

I think it is harder to mix it up in larger venues. Did anyone check out Edge's interview on U2.com. He says so in so many words, like it is easier to try things in arenas (America) moreso than stadiums (the rest of the world) :shrug:

I read it!

In case someone missed my post, I want a SALOME sign

mexican.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom