Minneapolis Setlist Watch and Party, Part III - DO NOT POST U2.COM SETLIST!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so on u2.com later tonight.....

"(after listing the various VIP's there)...the band played "one step closer" for the first time tonight"

:wink:

Zooropa1310 said:
I'm glad I decided to jmup on bored this Leg... Second leg must have been horrible in terms of excitement in the forum:|

You can't imagine. The only highlight was that the set list parties were during work hours so you could goof around at the party all afternoon..:wink:

nurse chrissi said:

"(after listing the various VIP's there)...the band played "one step closer" for the first time tonight"

:lmao:.....actaully i do hope that happens at some point :shifty:

Dream outloud .....:)

nurse chrissi said:

Ahh, good ol' U2.com. :wink: VIP's in Minnesota?

angel_28 said:

:lmao:.....actaully i do hope that happens at some point :shifty:

Dream outloud .....:)

hey, by the looks of it, anything is possible this tour. It'd be nice to see OSC live. They could swap it for The First Time sometimes or something. They could fit it somewhere.

MINNESOTA RULES!!!!! :rockon: you will all remember Minneapolis as the place CRUMBS WAS PLAYED FOR THE FIRST TIIIIIIME!!!

Some more details..

At the beginning of 'Pride' Bono took an American flag, draped it over monitor

In the beginningg during 'Elevation' a girl had a sign that said something like 'I lost 75 pounds to dance with you', and she was pulled up

WOWY - embraced the girl the entire song - at end, got on his knees and kissed her hand

I cannot contain my anticipation for the next show. U2 is really playing with my mind...and I like it:wink:

Queen Bee said:
Schmeg just told me it was a request from Eep and Stories for Boys. Bono saw their sign.
i think they talked to him in Chicago about it--Laura did, anyway, and they had a sign then....

awesome that it got played :up:

GOOD NIGHT U ALL ...see you in the next party...today we got crumbs!!!! in the next show what about MOFO? hehehe... bye

Miringeltje said:

Spill it!

I'm lazy, so I'm going to copy from an Interference thread I made a few days ago.

Stolen thunder!
Miss Sarajevo was on track to claim a very interesting record at the upcoming Minneapolis show. When people previously asked if any song not played on its own album's tour had appeared in future, they were told no, but the closest example was Tomorrow, played three times on its own tour but thirty times on War (before you say anything, you won't find the third Tomorrow performance on U2-Vertigo-Tour.com as while we know it was played at one show, we don't know the rest of the set). This is a ratio of 30 War Tour performances to 3 October Tour performances, or 10:1. Miss Sarajevo, on the other hand, was played live once around the time of its release and then again once on the earliest tour it could have been played on, Popmart. In other words, it needed 21 Vertigo Tour performances to have a ratio of 10.5:1 and thus beat Tomorrow.

The First Time, a song NEVER played on its own tour, debuted on 2005-09-20 in Chicago. What number Vertigo Tour performance was this concert's appearance of Miss Sarajevo? NINETEEN. Just two performances away from the record - which, if it had stayed in the set as pattern would predicts, would've occurred on 2005-09-23 in Minneapolis, exactly eight years after its sole Popmart appearance in Sarajevo (interestingly, Miss Sarajevo's North American debut came exactly ten years after its live debut).

Talk about having your thunder stolen.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Lila64 said:
In the beginningg during 'Elevation' a girl had a sign that said something like 'I lost 75 pounds to dance with you', and she was pulled up

In a way thats immensly sweet, but in another way thats more disturbing. :shrug:

If they come to Australia I will encourage some female friends to hold a sign stating "I underwent gender alteration surgery to dance with you". :cute:

It'll be a moment.

I think asking how much influence Willie Williams had on the setlist is very reasonable. We've had The First Time, Walk On, and Crumbs From Your Table spontaneously emerge in sets, and two of those have never been played before. Clearly *something* has changed since the second leg ended, and WW is a worthy target to ask about.

Queen Bee said:
Eep and Stories for Boys got their Crumbs banner signed earlier this afternoon. I can't remember if Edgette mentioned that or not. I just asked Schmeg to ask them to make a Dirty Day banner for Sunday night's show :drool:

Wow, so do you think U2 played Crumbs partially because of that??

People, get your Dirty Day and Mofo banners ready :drool:

timothius said:

In a way thats immensly sweet, but in another way thats more disturbing. :shrug:

If they come to Australia I will encourage some female friends to hold a sign stating "I underwent gender alteration surgery to dance with you". :cute:

It'll be a moment.

I think I just peed in my pants a little :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom