MERGED--> Vancouver rehearsals : spoilers + Spoiler Alert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxpouliot

War Child
Vancouver rehearsals : spoilers

From u2 blob :

Our ear on the ground has alerted us that U2 (full band!) spent over 2 hours rehearsing "The Fly" last night in rehearsals - more to follow as soon as we hear

Great news! The Fly rocked on Elevation Tour!

Spoiler Alert

Found this on atu2.com blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2005
Spoiler alert - rehearsals!
Our ear on the ground has alerted us that U2 (full band!) spent over 2 hours rehearsing "The Fly" last night in rehearsals - more to follow as soon as we hear.

As an Aussie who missed the Elevation Tour and got the next best thing being the Boston DVD I find myself often skipping through and starting on The Fly...they did an amazing job of reworking it..would love to hear it live...

'every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief...'

:drool:

Please, please, please play that one again, along with UTEOTW too.....

Two I could live without this time...

This is very interesting. I know they started the Elevation tour with The Fly in the set list and somewhere after the first few shows it disappeared. I've always thought this song is great live, very intense, so I was kinda disappointed they didn't keep it in.

U2dork said:
This is very interesting. I know they started the Elevation tour with The Fly in the set list and somewhere after the first few shows it disappeared. I've always thought this song is great live, very intense, so I was kinda disappointed they didn't keep it in.

It made it through the 1st leg of Elevation.....

Hell yeah. My favorite song will be played on this tour(I hope)!
The Fly was played frequently on the 1st leg on Elevation. On 2nd leg, it missed about 40% of the gigs, only to be erased definitely in the 3rd leg. Now we want a big return!

I hope it's more like the ZOO TV edition...

ZOO TV's 'The Fly' was so much sexier, and riskier, but cocky.

theu2fly said:
I hope it's more like the ZOO TV edition...

ZOO TV's 'The Fly' was so much sexier, and riskier, but cocky.

Interesting perspective. I found the Zoo TV version to be very much like the album version... not very risky to my ear, but fine in its context.

The Elevation version was shocking, and one of the most out-and-out aggressive things I've ever heard U2 do. I rank it with seeing the Edge shred on Exit live, and with the reborn ('92-on) Bullet as good 'n' nasty live surprises.

As much as I love the new Fly, I'd trade that *and* Ultraviolet for the ultimate combo: Lady with the Spinning Head!

Honestly I wouldnt mind the Fly version from the elevation tour, the performance on the boston dvd was just crazy good.
and that opening guitar riff:drool:

FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Fly!
Greatest U2 Song Ever. It has everything, immediately noticable beginning, dark ambiguous lyrics, danceable beat all wrapped in a sexy voice and pulsing bass line.

Simply genius. They have to play it opening night in toronto.

I've walked by GM place a few times. First time I heard Love and Peace. The next time I heard Bullet and Running to Stand Still. One guy standing outside said they also just finished streets.

Webside

Question for the people who've been checking out the rehearsals--about what time are they doing rehearsals? 3pm? 5pm? 9pm?

Just went over to atu2.com

Our "fan on the street" in Vancouver was lucky enough to hear a few songs tonight from outside of GM Place in Vancouver. Stop reading here if you don't want to know what U2 was playing, and in what order....

Okay....

- I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
- With or Without You
- Bullet the Blue Sky
- Running to Stand Still
- Yahweh

Looks like the first side of Joshua Tree in order -- that is, if "Streets" was played before our spy arrived. (Thx JA)

Back
Top Bottom